SAIC

SAIC Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
SAIC experience
Project Integrator (Former Employee), Reston, VAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: make up hours
Cons: not much bonus
During my 8 years of being employed with SAIC I've supported various contracts within the agency. While working those years if meet wonderful people and learned how to network and do knowledge management which was important for analyst.
Structure and organized
Contracts Representative (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCAugust 11, 2014
A typical day at work - busy with proposal and managing my proposals
What have I learned – procurement and time management
Management – Provides source of information and resources
Co-Workers – The support team worked together to support the Program Managers
The hardest part – Managing several proposals at one time with a short turn-around time
The – more... most enjoyable pat of the job - Completing all proposals on time – less
Project Control Analyst III (Former Employee), McLean, VAAugust 11, 2014
Coworkers are friendly and helpful. Training is among the best in the industry. Innovation and hard work are valued at this company.
Good Ethical Company with Highly Technical Employees.
Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALAugust 11, 2014
Pros: highly technical employees, great environment to grow as a professional
Cons: change in company benefits due to split.
Love my 7 years with SAIC and the ability to grow professionally both technical and as a program manager. Do not agree with the split of the company and the lost for quality benefits.
Mainly working at Client site
Program Manager, Network Services (Current Employee), Bethesda, MDAugust 7, 2014
Managed an team of Network engineers and grew business from 27 to 48 engineers.
Room for growth
Project Management Analyst (Current Employee), MDAugust 6, 2014
Pros: exponential growth opportunity in almost any field
Cons: contractor work has some sense of uncertainity and longevity
SAIC offers some benefits that you typically cannot experience within smaller organizations. SAIC's functional matrix allows for strong reach back in order to maximize on resources that you may not have readily available.

Furthermore, SAIC encourages employee growth. By taking advantage of mentor programs, educational alliances, and other training – more... opportunities, the sky is the limit for SAIC employees. – less
Good place to learn and move on
Project Manager (Current Employee), VariousAugust 4, 2014
Pros: online training opportunities
Cons: little upward progression. saic tends to hire external for upper management positions.
Company would benefit by valuing and mentoring employees to improve corporate image.
Freelancing
Video Production (Former Employee), McLean, VAAugust 4, 2014
Worked as a freelancer for them occasionally. I can't say much more than that.
Challenging Environment
Drafter / AutoCAD Operator / Graphic Designer (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCAugust 1, 2014
Pros: fair market pay and good benefits.
Cons: multiple layers of management to report too.
Working at SAIC, you must be prepared for a challenge each day. Clients and customers expect strong service and completion of tasking by requested deadline. SAIC has many layers of management that sometimes makes it hard to know what direction to move towards. Everyone is helpful and supporting.
Great Place to work...Very inviting
Reliability Engineer (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 31, 2014
I have thoroughly enjoyed my short time with this company. I pan on being here for some time!!
Great work environment.
Draftsperson (Current Employee), Frederick, MDJuly 31, 2014
Create drawings for the application and construction of Campus Area Networks, Inside Plant, Outside Plant, Manhole Details, Voice Switching Systems and premise wiring using established drafting standards.
I enjoyed working for this company.
Systems Engineer/Systems Integrator (Team Lead) (Former Employee), Herndon, VAJuly 31, 2014
I very much enjoyed working for this company. They are now Leidos. They have an exceptional benefits package
Best employment Ive had yet
Technician (Former Employee), Bedford, INJuly 30, 2014
Loved the work, loved to be able to help our troops by building projects to help them and improve there safety. I learned a lot working here and there tools and skills ill always carry with me.
Sr. Training Specialist
SENIOR TRAINING SPECIALIST (Current Employee), O'Fallon, ILJuly 29, 2014
A typical day for me begins with attending project meetings. Developing / revising training courseware. Since I also am responsible for documentation I edit and format all documents going to the government for our team. I work with a great staff. Most enjoyable about my job is I love creating courseware and training.
Good benefits and good management.
Support Specialist III (Former Employee), CDCJuly 29, 2014
This is a good company to work for. They will take good care of their employees. The workers are professional and stays on task. The benefits are very good.
good company to work for.
Certified Electrician (Current Employee), Stennis Space Center, MSJuly 25, 2014
Pros: buildings are 99% electrical, worked daytime only
Cons: could no longer get raise because i was topped out. they went to shift work
go to work in morning get my orders run cable troubleshoot problems and fix them
Very professional office
Legal Administrative (Current Employee), PentagonJuly 25, 2014
Pros: you work on your own pace.
Cons: it hard to get lunch or breaks.
This job is very busy and professional. You have to be on your toes and know how to handle a busy office with excitement. I get alone with my co-worker very well. The hardest part of the job is the filing system. We have very little space. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people, because there are all types.
This was the most relevant working experience I had
Business Controller-Business Solutions (Former Employee), Caracas venezuelaJuly 23, 2014
Pros: many knowledge
Cons: any cons
I grow up as a professional in this Company, it was my first experience. I had the opportunity to work in many departments: AP, AR, Fixed assets, Finance, Controlling, budgeting.

I worked in new projects that gave me the knowledge in budgets, explanations, variances, ask for information and work with many departments.

Also, I was the Business Controller – more... of a Commercial division, I built a budget with the entire company, here I understand profitability issues, expenses, revenue, overhead, time sheets, time not sold. I used to report to CFO.

SAP was the system we worked with, I had to know how to get into the data and make it useful.

This was the most enriching experience in terms of Finance. – less
Wasted four years of my life!
Warehouseman/Material Handler (Former Employee), Vista, Ca.July 21, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: low pay, nepotism, brown-nosers, talked ethics but didn't walk ethics.
Company has potential. Glad Im not there though, rather clean toilets for a living!
Everyone accepted all employees as an equal
Assist CM Department (Former Employee), Hanahan, SCJuly 20, 2014
Pros: every was treated as an equal
Cons: when military funds were cut-back we were let go on a schedule
Great Company to work with. I was used to many years of working in an office: answering phones, taking messages, meeting timelines whereas with this company I worked and focused on the making and tracking of engineering drawings and make sure they were up to date. We were exposed to many things that were to be kept secret. There was never a dull moment.

About SAIC

SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches – Read more