SAIC

SAIC Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Mainly working at Client site
Program Manager, Network Services (Current Employee), Bethesda, MDAugust 7, 2014
Managed an team of Network engineers and grew business from 27 to 48 engineers.
Room for growth
Project Management Analyst (Current Employee), MDAugust 6, 2014
Pros: exponential growth opportunity in almost any field
Cons: contractor work has some sense of uncertainity and longevity
SAIC offers some benefits that you typically cannot experience within smaller organizations. SAIC's functional matrix allows for strong reach back in order to maximize on resources that you may not have readily available.

Furthermore, SAIC encourages employee growth. By taking advantage of mentor programs, educational alliances, and other training – more... opportunities, the sky is the limit for SAIC employees. – less
Good place to learn and move on
Project Manager (Current Employee), VariousAugust 4, 2014
Pros: online training opportunities
Cons: little upward progression. saic tends to hire external for upper management positions.
Company would benefit by valuing and mentoring employees to improve corporate image.
Freelancing
Video Production (Former Employee), McLean, VAAugust 4, 2014
Worked as a freelancer for them occasionally. I can't say much more than that.
Challenging Environment
Drafter / AutoCAD Operator / Graphic Designer (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCAugust 1, 2014
Pros: fair market pay and good benefits.
Cons: multiple layers of management to report too.
Working at SAIC, you must be prepared for a challenge each day. Clients and customers expect strong service and completion of tasking by requested deadline. SAIC has many layers of management that sometimes makes it hard to know what direction to move towards. Everyone is helpful and supporting.
Great Place to work...Very inviting
Reliability Engineer (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 31, 2014
I have thoroughly enjoyed my short time with this company. I pan on being here for some time!!
Great work environment.
Draftsperson (Current Employee), Frederick, MDJuly 31, 2014
Create drawings for the application and construction of Campus Area Networks, Inside Plant, Outside Plant, Manhole Details, Voice Switching Systems and premise wiring using established drafting standards.
I enjoyed working for this company.
Systems Engineer/Systems Integrator (Team Lead) (Former Employee), Herndon, VAJuly 31, 2014
I very much enjoyed working for this company. They are now Leidos. They have an exceptional benefits package
Best employment Ive had yet
Technician (Former Employee), Bedford, INJuly 30, 2014
Loved the work, loved to be able to help our troops by building projects to help them and improve there safety. I learned a lot working here and there tools and skills ill always carry with me.
Sr. Training Specialist
SENIOR TRAINING SPECIALIST (Current Employee), O'Fallon, ILJuly 29, 2014
A typical day for me begins with attending project meetings. Developing / revising training courseware. Since I also am responsible for documentation I edit and format all documents going to the government for our team. I work with a great staff. Most enjoyable about my job is I love creating courseware and training.
Good benefits and good management.
Support Specialist III (Former Employee), CDCJuly 29, 2014
This is a good company to work for. They will take good care of their employees. The workers are professional and stays on task. The benefits are very good.
good company to work for.
Certified Electrician (Current Employee), Stennis Space Center, MSJuly 25, 2014
Pros: buildings are 99% electrical, worked daytime only
Cons: could no longer get raise because i was topped out. they went to shift work
go to work in morning get my orders run cable troubleshoot problems and fix them
Very professional office
Legal Administrative (Current Employee), PentagonJuly 25, 2014
Pros: you work on your own pace.
Cons: it hard to get lunch or breaks.
This job is very busy and professional. You have to be on your toes and know how to handle a busy office with excitement. I get alone with my co-worker very well. The hardest part of the job is the filing system. We have very little space. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people, because there are all types.
This was the most relevant working experience I had
Business Controller-Business Solutions (Former Employee), Caracas venezuelaJuly 23, 2014
Pros: many knowledge
Cons: any cons
I grow up as a professional in this Company, it was my first experience. I had the opportunity to work in many departments: AP, AR, Fixed assets, Finance, Controlling, budgeting.

I worked in new projects that gave me the knowledge in budgets, explanations, variances, ask for information and work with many departments.

Also, I was the Business Controller – more... of a Commercial division, I built a budget with the entire company, here I understand profitability issues, expenses, revenue, overhead, time sheets, time not sold. I used to report to CFO.

SAP was the system we worked with, I had to know how to get into the data and make it useful.

This was the most enriching experience in terms of Finance. – less
Wasted four years of my life!
Warehouseman/Material Handler (Former Employee), Vista, Ca.July 21, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: low pay, nepotism, brown-nosers, talked ethics but didn't walk ethics.
Company has potential. Glad Im not there though, rather clean toilets for a living!
Everyone accepted all employees as an equal
Assist CM Department (Former Employee), Hanahan, SCJuly 20, 2014
Pros: every was treated as an equal
Cons: when military funds were cut-back we were let go on a schedule
Great Company to work with. I was used to many years of working in an office: answering phones, taking messages, meeting timelines whereas with this company I worked and focused on the making and tracking of engineering drawings and make sure they were up to date. We were exposed to many things that were to be kept secret. There was never a dull moment.
Professional organization
Logistics Operations Specialist (Former Employee), KuwaitJuly 20, 2014
Pros: competive pay, great 401, nice medical
Management lends itself to resolving issues, not just a quick fix. They hire good people and work to keep them.
Great environment, energetic coworkers, and excellent benefit packages
Military Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GAJuly 19, 2014
Pros: this company had an excellent employee support system with a super employee website.
Cons: n/a
I enjoyed going to work for this company. Their commitment to employee satisfaction is felt at all levels.
Federal Contracting Quality Assurance
Sediment Observer (Former Employee), Union, NJJuly 19, 2014
Pros: long hours, friendly work environment
Cons: constant travel, worked fewer days
Hurricane Sandy brought in increased shoal levels throughout New Jersey. FEMA in association with the state of New Jersey Contracted a company to do the drudging. They also contracted a company (SAIC) to monitor work flows and Quality Assurance of the job.

I had to keep and maintain logbooks throughout the day based on mostly distance and depth.
Enjoyable work culture with great managers, peers and subordinates
Systems Field Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXJuly 15, 2014
Pros: great team
Cons: long hours
I really enjoyed my time with SAIC supporting the Army's new technology acquisition program. We were able to be directly involved with improving our nation's greatest army fighting capabilities. I really enjoyed the people and the work we did was wonderful.

About SAIC

SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches – Read more