SAExploration currently has an opportunity for an intermediate level accountant who will be responsible for the accounting function in the assigned country/project(s). To be effective in this role, the individual has a track record of successfully managing the Accounting function, preferably within publicly traded companies. The incumbent provides timely, accurate accounting information to the Country Management team and Corporate Controller, including analysis, and preparation of financial reports. The Accountant understands and implements the Company’s corporate standards for accounting principles, practices, and procedures. SAExploration offers competitive wages, annual discretionary bonus, comprehensive benefits package, Group RSP, and training programs to continuously develop employees.
This position will be based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Local candidates will be considered before candidates requiring relocation.
- Assist with financial and tax audits, preparation of tax returns
- Ensure that accounting activities comply with Company internal controls, policies and procedures
- Ensure that accounting activities comply with local legal and regulatory policies and procedures
- Work with auditors on internal and external audit requirements
- Oversee accounting entries are completed with accuracy and completeness.
- Compile monthly revenue and payable accruals.
- Work with the accounting team to complete the monthly accounting close process including analytical review of the monthly operating results.
- Responsible for the consistent application of accounting policies and processes while ensuring these policies conform to the accepted accounting principles.
- Responsible for preparing financial statements and supporting schedules for the assigned country/project(s)
- Full cycle accounting function, ensuring that journal entries, accounts payable, accounts receivable and are completed according to company standards and monthly close schedule
- Analyze revenues, expenses and assets for assigned country/project(s) to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis
- Work directly with field administrators for missing or pending information with regard to invoicing, Purchase Orders or other accounting documents
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations
- Overall responsibility for managing the assigned country/project(s) accounting files
- Various projects as required
Education and/or Training
- Post-secondary degree in relevant discipline. Working towards professional designation (such as CA, CPA, CGA, CFA, CMA, CMT) preferred.
Work Experience and Specific Skills:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in progressive accounting positions. Public company and international experience preferred.
- Advanced skills in and knowledge of all aspects of accounting and financial management including working knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
- Strong skills in communication
- Proven experience in developing good relationships with operations and management
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks is an asset.
Interested candidates may forward their resume and cover letter to CanadaJobs@saexploration
Indeed - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard