S2 Architecture is seeking a professional, Intermediate Interior Designer, to join our dynamic team in our Calgary studio. We are looking for an individual with exceptional organizational and communication skills who is a critical thinker, is detail oriented and possesses an intermediate level of technical competency. Working on interior design and architectural projects, the candidate must have strong communication skills, a positive attitude and a collaborative approach to project delivery.
Reporting directly to the Interior Design Lead, the successful candidate will work collaboratively with a diverse group of professionals to provide evidenced based interior design solutions.
- A Degree, Applied Degree or Diploma in Interior Design from a recognized college/university of Interior Design.
- Minimum 5 years, post-secondary experience.
- Preference will be given to individuals who possess or are in progress of obtaining their NCIDQ Certification.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend meetings with clients and lead designer;
- Assist lead designer with coordination of consultants;
- Assist lead designer with programming and feasibility studies;
- Preparation of design presentations including 3D renderings, sketches, and material boards;
- Specify materials, furniture, fixtures and equipment as required;
- Space planning & design development;
- Millwork design and detailing;
- Building code analysis and application;
- Plan and prepare site reviews and Asbuilt drawings for base building conditions and/or furniture & equipment inventories;
- Plan and prepare all required construction documentation, including specifications and schedules;
- Shop drawing review and coordination;
- Assist lead designer and contract administrator with contract administration and project close out;
- Under direct supervision of a senior interior designer, be able to take the lead role on small scale projects;
- Work under the direct supervision, for any project, of a senior interior designer, project manager, project director, team lead, principle or partner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proven ability using industry software such as MS Office, AutoCAD and Adobe CS;
- Experience using Revit is considered to be an asset;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines;
- Proven ability with Alberta Building Code;
- Strong written, verbal and communications skills;
- Work well in a cooperative team environment.
WHY WORK FOR S2?
S2 Architecture is an established firm with a 19 year history of design excellence. We are a full service architectural and interior design firm with studios in Calgary and Edmonton, engaged in inspired and innovative design and planning. Our work spans a broad range of building and project types and the foundation of our success is deeply rooted in the delivery of creative design solutions for our clients, our communities and the environment. Our approach is one of inclusion, respect and collaboration and we strive towards creating enduring design solutions that provide meaningful and inspired contributions to the built environment.
At S2 Architecture we recognize that we are only the sum of our parts — we look for talented, inspired individuals who bring energy and passion to our culture along with a collaborative spirit to our work. We aspire to cultivating a fun and creative work environment that encourages creativity, innovation and teamwork.
- A competitive salary;
- A comprehensive Benefits Plan;
- Unique corporate initiatives including - S2 Days, Public Transit Subsidy and Employee Profit Sharing Plan;
- A fun, creative and enjoyable work environment – Annual Golf Tournament, Summer BBQ, Christmas Party and other company sponsored social events;
S2 Architecture is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to the principle and practices of employment equity. We invite all qualified women and men, including persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and Aboriginal Peoples to apply for our career opportunities.
Indeed - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard -