S2 Architecture- Edmonton, AB
S2 Architecture is seeking an intermediate to advanced Administrative Assistant to join our new Edmonton office team. We are seeking an outgoing and enthusiastic individual to provide administrative support in this multi-functional role, which also involves receptionist responsibilities. This position is located within our new Edmonton office. We require an individual who enjoys working within a fast-paced environment, possesses the knowledge and drive to assist in setting up and organizing the new office. The right team member will play a vital role in office coordination, ongoing client relations and daily business operations.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Preparation of correspondence, including meeting minutes, site reports, fee letters, databases and other documents with a high degree of accuracy and adherence to company standards
- May provide assistance with the preparation of proposals and other marketing materials
- Inputs data into Microsoft Project and production of reports as required by Project Managers or Partners
- Makes travel arrangements for staff including flights and car rentals
- Assists with the operation and maintenance of office communication equipment such as telephone and fax machines
- Answers phones in a professional and friendly manner, directing calls to the appropriate parties
- Greets guests in a friendly and welcoming manner Keeps kitchen and meeting rooms tidy, prepare coffee for staff and visitors throughout the day
- Facilitates all incoming and outgoing mail, including couriers
- Maintains the hard copy filing system
- Updates job list and archives project files and drawings (tubes)
- Order catering for company meetings
- Monitor and order supplies as required
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
We seek an individual who possesses:
- A minimum 2 -3 years’ experience working as an Administrative Assistant within a professional office environment.
- The ability and desire to interact with staff, clients and guest in a professional and friendly manner.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- The ability to present a polished and professional self-image.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010 applications, including Outlook, MS Word and Excel (knowledge of Microsoft Project software is an asset)
- The ability to be proactive and take initiative.
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong ability to multi-task
- Strong people skills,
- A confident self-starter with sound decision-making skills
- The ability to be thorough, accurate and maintain attention to detail, whilst keeping abreast of current projects in the office,
- The ability to work independently, whilst contributing to the fast-paced office environment as part of a team.
In addition to a competitive salary, S2 Architecture has a number of innovative initiatives such as reimbursed transit passes, personal days, S2 days, social events, education incentives, as well as a comprehensive benefits package (after 3 months of employment), and an employee profit sharing plan.
Please submit your CV with cover letter in confidence to through our website or in person to the HR Manager at our Calgary studio located at:
110 – 12th Avenue SW