S.R.T. MED STAFF Employee Reviews

Doesn't care about their staff
PSW (Current Employee) –  York Region22 August 2017
The hours are inconsistent and dependent on whose on vacation so you can swipe them. Constantly screws up your schedule on regular appointments so you're on the phone with them for over 30min before they actually get you off hold. Some may take 1 hour to get your stuff fixed, some take only 10 minutes. The staff obviously need more training if they have to use the computer all day
Pros
You pick your hours
Cons
Not enough shifts on reasonable times
worked in all aspects of accounting
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 July 2017
I worked with S.R.T. Med Staff for 22 years.I enjoyed working for them.I have gained a lot of experience.It is a family business and they treated me one of their family member.I never felt I was working for them. I felt like working with them.All my workmates were very close and help each other.We formed a good team.Preparing for external audit with the normal routine work was sometime the hardest part of the job.even though it was hardest,it was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Job security is very important especially if you are starting your family.
STAFF (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2016
Everyday is a different day and a new day. There is always something new to learn from my clients and co-workers. I find my work enjoyable if I enjoy doing it.
Community Nursing is always inspiring and caring kind of job. It is who you are working with and people around you that add colors to our day to day w
Community PSW Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 July 2016
It was interesting and inspiring working in my place of work as part of our diverse and highly engaged team. Our staff enjoy working in an environment of respect and professionalism, dedicated with residents and their strengths and compassion are well acknowledge.
As a manager and a leader I feel challenged and respected as well because I knew and understood what I have shared with my staff ....their knowledge and skills were greatly improved since I became their Nurse Manager. Our department was upgraded and won the hearts of many quality care and services were recognized across the Regional Area and our Company was so grateful and we received an award for Great Achievement 2013.
Out TEAM of managers are very supportive and always there to support one another for one reason, for OUR RESIDENTS.
The hardest part of my job was the transition and planning the best approach one by one though I find it meaningful because I knew from my heart that I will be able to face it and achieve my goal its only a matter of time. (3 months)
The most enjoyable part of my job is not my achievement nor my recognition it is when I see and feel that the residents are happy and pain free.
Pros
My General Manager was so supportive and understanding. He is my hero.
Cons
Flexible hours but enjoyable
Exciting place and great staff to work with.
PSW (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON3 May 2016
Multiple shifts given in the same area to reduce the travel time and distance. Management staffs always available to answer questions, and to give guidance on new assignments.
Pros
Flexible shifts and free gloves
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 February 2016
I was a personal support worker I visited many hospitals and did one on one with patients but again it w as avery physical job and I have back pain because of it.
Everyday is exciting to meet new clients in their own homes.
personal support worker homecare (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON and Northyork Toronto7 January 2016
Meeting different clients with different cultures and beliefs. Helping them to meet their daily life makes me feel a good person. Although, going to a place you never know what to expect most of the time makes me feel afraid sometimes, but knowing I'm helping someone makes me feel wonderful. One of the hardest part of the job is when it is snowing so bad that you have to drive. In the other hand, I feel so great when the client smile at me and say thank you.
Pros
Free drinking water or cofee
Cons
Discrimination
Rn
RN (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2016
excellent dynamic team. able to elf manage and collaborate while working with the team to produce outstanding client care based on RNAO best practice and based on CNO standards.
It is fun to work while mingling with staff and patients.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, On.30 April 2015
A typical day of work is like you don't know who your patients are for the shift. I continually learn and experience new things everyday at work, "everyday is a different day."
Pros
continues learning
Cons
no security of job
productive, easy,
Staff coordinators are helpfull in giving hours (Current Employee) –  York region24 March 2015
Helping other people is I guess my calling. Staff coordinators are helpful and nice. Co workers I don't see them often. I usually work on my own. The hardest part of the job is you need to goo one place to another. Very hard during winter
Good healthcare agency, always has work for staff.
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 November 2014
SRT Med-Staff is a good agency to work for; majority of the staff are pleasant and supportive. Healthcare workers have the ability to create their own schedule. Learning opportunities are endless because the exposure to many different health care facilities are available. The wage of pay is competitive however, there is no wage increases available no matter how long you are with the company. Beyond that the best part is that there is always work for you most of the time and the management staff are very supportive and understanding. I will stay with SRT Med-Staff for a long time.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
No increase in wages no matter how long you work with them.
A place to challenge your work skills
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario15 May 2014
Typical work day:
*Office business hours form 9am to 5pm and call centre hours are from 6am to 12pm.
* As a staffing coordinator you are usually working in shifts between 6am to 12pm.
* The work environment is very busy from receiving calls from clients or from CCAC (Community Care Access Centre) and making calls to field staff offering jobs.
* Average calls received and made are from 80 to 120 a shift (depending the time of each call)

What I learned:
* I have learned not to spend long times on each call because you may have 1 to 6 others calls waiting
* I have learned to organize and prioritize each call
* I have learned that communication is key between you as a coordinator and your field staff.

Management:
* Very nice and friendly. Sometimes not so nice and friendly lol

Co-workers:
* Some are very talented and some are lazy (Like any other work place)
* Majority ladies (PMS everyday LOL)
* Co-workers like family. They are very helpful in training you and they help you when your feeling down
* Awesome friends, I still keep in touch with some of them

The hardest part of the job:
* telephone is lit up light a Christmas tree during peek hours
* trying to remember the purpose of all 6 or more calls you placed on hold
* controlling your emotions and tone of voice because call is different

The most enjoyable part of the job:
#1 - Going home ;P
#2 - laughing about how everybody is stressed going home
#3 - Everybody in the contact centre is stress together and we share stories about silly phone calls

PROS:
* Skilled field staff
* Pizza lunch
  more... once a month
* Christmas party is awesome
* Awesome coworkers, except for the ones who are lazy and don't help you when you need it.
* Many beautiful ladies with character

CONS:
* Very stressful (but you'll get numb to it if your there that long, just look at the vets, they always wear a smile :{)
* Only one break - it's your 1/2hr lunch break (I wouldn't be stressed if I had two more 15 min break so that I could vent)
* Small kitchen
* Small office with small work station
* Very noisy - no cubicle
Productive and a fun company to work with.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 November 2013
Overall great people to work with. Gained much needed experience as a new graduate.
Pros
Free Lunches and paid training.
Cons
long hours at times.
Productive and Educational place to work.
Agency RN working at various Hospitals. (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 April 2013
Good choice of multiple facilities to work. Great for finding right place for you to work.
Pros
great education
Cons
12 hour shifts
I enjoy the hours that I am given and also having avariety of people as client to look after in the environment.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2013
I learned from other peoples experience of descion making for pateint care with them. I also share my experience with others that may occur and may be necessary.
Pros
update of upcoming seminars and calanders that are sent for the following year coming
Cons
long hours does make me happy and good communication with others that schedule me.
good work place and staff
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2013
Its a really good company i would work for again, its flexible hours that work around your life schedule.pay weekly
Pros
hours a good
flexable work hours
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2013
Not a difficult company to work for except not compensated very well for travel time and costs.Pleasant enough people though
Pros
choose your clients by location
Cons
lots of driving
Fast paced and high stressed call center setting
Sr. Staffing coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 December 2012
In my current position as Senior Staffing Coordinator in the healthcare placement industry I deal directly with nurses, healthcare aids and patients. I understand, explain and apply applicable legislation and regulations that relate to the placement of healthcare aids, nursing staff and patient care.

I've learned to prioritize calls and urgency of staff placement and to deal with satisfied and dissatisfied clients and patients.
I work alone for the first part of the morning as i open office, than work along side a team of coordinators the rest of the day.
The hardest part of the job is satisfying all clients and customers but do my best in a professional and courteous manner.

The job can be very stressful but the reward is sending PSW's and Nurses to patients who need medical help or just sending someone to help and elderly person out with there day to day living as they have no family or can't cope on their own.
Pros
my hours are 6 am to 2 pm so have afternoon off.
Cons
i work three hrs overtime every other sat and sunday to open office, recently moved so location is an issue.
worst company to work for
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 December 2012
They are all about money and don't take care of their employees. If you get injured they are just concerned how long you will be off
Cons
not enough notice for shifts
fun workplace
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2012
everyday at work is different ,learn something new each day co-workers could be little busy at time the hardest part of my work is starting in the morning my enjoying time is having that good conversation with the resident
Pros
some get together
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at S.R.T. MED STAFF. Our community is ready to answer.

S.R.T. MED STAFF Reviews by Location