Our client, a South Delta company, is seeking a self-motivated and detail-orientated Payroll & Benefits Supervisor who is passionate about payroll and benefits, committed to process improvement and excellence in customer service. The successful candidate will lead and be a hands-on member of a small team offering expert guidance in payroll and benefits with the autonomy to make decisions, solve problems and coach team members and clients to meet corporate and department objectives.
- Provide a range of integrated pay, benefits, pension and attendance services for a mid-sized company while continuously evaluating procedures and documenting improvements.
- Oversees payroll processing and collaborates in setting up new hires, employment changes and terminations for multiple sites.
- Ensures accuracy of payroll and benefits entries and audits each payroll prior to submission to bank; prepares, processes and reconciles payroll journals and accounts.
- Develops reports and acts a liaison with software vendor as appropriate.
- Ensures responses to customer inquiries are timely and accurate and appropriate actions are taken to correct, learn from and eliminate errors in future.
- Ensures payroll record keeping complies with internal and legislative standards.
- Prepare and process payments for WorkSafe BC, MSP, benefit providers and CRA, as well as guiding responses to requests for information.
- Takes leadership in creating team and client manuals and provides training and updates as necessary.
- The ideal candidate will be a Certified Payroll Manager with 5 to 7 years’ of progressive (full-cycle) payroll and benefits experience and two years’ supervisor experience. Unionized experience would be an asset.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to detect errors and their source, and take corrective actions as required.
- A self-starter with excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication, and time management skills.
- Ability to set and adjust priorities frequently and accept numerous interruptions.
- An aptitude for systems and the ability to support back-end troubleshooting and improvements, excellent Excel and reporting skills.
Applications including a cover letter can be submitted to S.O.S Consulting; please note the payroll systems that you have had experience with. Interviews will commence January 30th. Our client offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Please submit your cover letter and resume with ‘Payroll and Benefits Supervisor’ in the subject line.
Indeed - 21 months ago