We are currently seeking an experienced, dynamic, team-oriented individual with strong employment/career counselling and communication skills as an Employment Counsellor. The successful candidate will provide one-on-one high quality employment counselling for individuals with multi-barriers to employment.
- Provide an employment counselling assessment interview to identify barriers to employment and determine if employment counselling is an appropriate intervention
- Develop a Return-To-Work Action Plan, setting a realistic employment goal and the steps needed to address and resolve issues to attain that goal
- Assist client's individual needs in every aspect of their job search activities, writing effective resumes, cover letters, interview skills, career decision making, marketing their skills with confidence, ensuring clients are informed on how to access the hidden job market, being aware of all Community Resources and obtaining and maintaining employment
- Work in collaboration with Job Developer to explore job opportunities to ensure a good match of client's skills and employer needs
- Maintain a positive professional relationship with client emphasizing respect, trust and confidentiality
- Provide comprehensive Case Management
- Maintain up to date and accurate case files and complete reports as required
- Related post-secondary degree/diploma in the Social Services field with an employment focus. A Career Development Practitioner Diploma will be given preference.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in demonstrated Employment Counselling field
- Multicultural sensitivity with the ability and experience to work with individuals with disabilities and/or persons with numerous barriers to employment from a wide variety of socio-economic backgrounds
- Strong organizational, effective time management and planning skills
- Results-oriented, highly motivated person able to work independently and cooperatively in a team
- Effective problem solving strategies with a conflict resolution style
The successful candidate will have respect for diversity and proven abilities in working with diverse clientele with a wide range of barriers and/or disabilities to employment. Awareness of one's own capabilities and understanding of when to draw upon others' expertise, a positive attitude and professional conduct are vital.
Schedule - Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm (72 hours bi-weekly)
Deadline - Friday, August 16, 2013
Contact - Janice Zylstra, Program Manager
No phone calls please. Only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Indeed - 13 months ago