S&P Data Employee Reviews

It's a job
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 July 2016
Your basic call center. The only guarantee is that things change. You may not always stay in the same position, but if you are willing to try and do your best, they tend to keep you around. They are *somewhat* accomidating with schedules, if you're willing to fight for it.... hourly + bonus (sometimes) in most positions and it's (slightly) above minimum wage. You get upset customers, but at least you don't have to deal with them in person. It is very revolving door and people come and go constantly. They are always hiring. Don't expect a increase in wages as it never happens.
Pros
somewhat flexible, benefits, full time, good managers
Cons
revolving door, no raises
Great work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto15 August 2016
S&P Data provides employees with a great work environment. Employees are constantly being trained to ensure the company's standards are being met. Co-workers, supervisors, and managers always make themselves available to assist one another whenever needed.
Pros
clean and friendly work environment
Cons
9 month benefits probation
"Ok" place to work...
Rogers Consumer Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 June 2016
My typical day at work would start with finding a seat, logging on to systems and then waiting for a call. I was cable only so I would try selling home services to customers or adding channels, upgrading/downgrading packages, building bundles ext. The hours were usually always 8 hours shifts. Sometimes my schedule would change randomly, no one would call me to let me know so I would be too late or too early. The management was okay, some were good, some were not. The co-workers were nice, but I felt like there was a lot of drama. The hardest part of the job was reasoning with customers based on value and price of services, also sometimes we wouldn't get calls and It would be dead so it got very boring sitting and doing nothing but waiting for a call. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting your commission check at the end of the month.
Pros
Co-workers, commission
Cons
Long hours, randon shift changes, no room for advancement
Avoid if you can!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 March 2016
Management cares little to none about individual workers. Top sales man can get away with murder. But if you're not a top salesman you better be glued to your seat. Favourites are definitely played at this call centre. Management is very poor. Also promises are given to you about raises that will never be fulfilled. A bunch of top salesman have just left this place because of this exact reason. Your pays are always incorrect and the managers do little to solve it. And I top of this they tax you for "bellzone" points regardless of earning them or not. It's completely ridiculous. Work at your own risk here.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
Would not work at a call centre again
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 July 2016
Terrible job. All you do is make phone calls in attempt to sell something. They didn't teach us anything about the computer system in training. They basically sprung it on us. All in all, the job is not ideal whatsoever.
Pros
Benefits/Lots of Hours
Cons
Boring & Repetitive
Very Poor Management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 October 2016
Management here is never on the same page, they also allow workers to lie and cheat existing Rogers customers so the managers dont get yelled at by the client, i feel like this whole business is a scam. I went for a mission trip and they told me i had to resign but guaranteed me rehire when i came back, so I resigned and when I came back, they claimed they wouldn't hire a rehire.
Pros
Great commission and rewards
Cons
Long hours, sometimes your putting in 55+ hours a week, then they get mad if you have a doctor appt.
Sales, lies and more sales
Customer Service and Sales (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON16 May 2016
Working at S&P Data is like a cheeped down Wolf on Wall Street. Only no one is having that much fun... The day begins with a chant to get you pumped to dial! If you are lucky all day you will be dialling trying to sell one of many services.

I started out on a Shaw Cable Contract and ended on that just the same. If you like to have your weekends off, in general call centres can be terrible places to work! If you are tempted to burn out, in general call centres are terrible places to work. If you personal life isn't easily scheduled. Prepare for the fact Call centres are terrible places to work!

On the bright side, you can be fired infinity times at this place. They may never truly get rid of you for life unless you are fighting in the parking lot or using drugs on cite. Due to a low availability in Trenton Workforce. S&P Data is prone to rehiring and Re-training.
Pros
Hourly wage
Cons
Low educated management, everyone is in each other's business, long hours, prone to causing burn out
Good money but bad management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton O1 August 2016
I was able to learn a lot about multitasking within the computer programs as well as further customer service. The days were well managed. The management was unprofessional at points. My co-workers were great. The hardest part was knowing that at any point you could be fired if you didn't make all of your sales.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Productive, yet blan work environment
Rogers/Bell representative (Current Employee) –  Trenton, ON15 December 2016
A typical day at work consists of being yelled at by customers over the phone and by managers as a follow up. At S&P Data I've learned that most sales associates don't care about their customers (commission is all that matters). The management does what they can in terms of helping out with employee sales and personal life but most times they sit back at their desks and leisure. The hardest part of the job is being non active for 8+ hours and learning to accept hard criticism by most people in the building/over the phone. The only enjoyable thing about this job are the fellow employees.. the ONLY thing getting me through my work day.
Pros
Janiter is cool
Cons
Everything else
It ok
Rogers Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 June 2016
sales oriented environment and that come first before anything at times compensation for the amount of stress you go through is not enough but if are a sales motivated its ok for a while
Productive and fun workplace with lots of room for advancement.
CERTIFIED CORPORATE TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2017
Amazing overall company to work. I started as a telesales agent on the outbound Bell Mobility campaign and within 6 months was promoted to corporate trainer and after 3 months of being trained by certified Bell trainers i graduated to Master trainer.
Pros
Hourly rate plus commission.
Cons
Management politics and internal favoratism.
Decent work environment, table tennis table
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 December 2016
It's a decent place to work, some of the team leaders are a little too strict, while others are awesome. Terrible work hours, and bad pay. Nice co-workers.
Doomed for advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 December 2016
I worked for this company for just under two years and as a whole it was not that bad of a company to work for. It is a good stepping stone from graduating school and looking for some cash to pay for schooling. Schedules are semi flexible, depending on the situation. Sadly while I was there there wasn't much room for advancement which led me to seek better employment elsewhere.
Uptight Managers and Demanding Work Schedule
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 December 2016
The managers only like their employees if they make sales here. If there's a day that a person's sales don't meet their standards they will yell and give the cold shoulder to employees. They will make employees work nine days straight until they give them a day off and a shift is usually 8.5 to 9 hours, so you won't have a life. S&P will also take away bonuses if you get a write-up. They hire everyone under the sun, even a bum off the street. The base pay is poor but the incentives are good for only top sellers. Not a pleasant work environment at all.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Everything else
Terrible
Telecommunications Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON8 May 2016
A typical day at work involved me sitting and working tirelessly to sell specific products via telecommunications. What I learned from the job is patience, speaking to hundreds of people a day whilst trying to sell them all individual products is a challenging job that requires patience and perseverance. After becoming top salesman on the floor I was moved to a management position temporarily which involved supervising, and advising the sales associates.
Pros
paid lunches
The epitome of a Modern Day Hero
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 February 2016
I've been living here in Canada for several years, been with different kind of people and tried different jobs. I could simply say that working in this kind of industry have though me so well based on all the experiences I've gathered in this field. Being able to manage the needs of other people in the most compassionate, relevant and fulfilling way you can is simply exceptional and I would used a hyperbole of becoming a modern hero by simply being able to extend your help to the people who are in need. As an immigrant from a different country, this job is a stepping stone on becoming a better individual and effective team member. I've realized that being a customer service representative is not just about knowing how to speak a specific language or your proficiency in english, it's all about the heart you put towards your work. Customer service job was never easy. A fast paced environment like this keeps on growing and you as a regular individual should uplift yourself and be competitive enough to sustain the needs of the job. A piece of advice to fellow customer service rep like me, I've realized that patience was indeed a virtue and one of the most essential quality you have to possess in order to experience success.
Pros
Incentives like gift cards, games and concert tickets, excellent hypes
Cons
Lower hourly rate and not enough benefits.
Its a good place for beginners and new immigrants
Operations Manager - Call Center (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 September 2016
SP has been a good employer for new immigrants like me, who does not have prior Canadian experience. The work place is welcoming and has a very diversified working class of people from all over the world. Its a fun place to work and also make bonus/commission at an agent level.
Pros
connectivity to the work place and the management are good
Cons
More growth opportunities
good environment
sells representitive (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 November 2016
I got new skills and experiences, co-workers were friendly. The hard part of this job is being on phone all the time and you have to meet your sells target every month.
Pros
bounses
Good work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  hamilton on4 January 2017
Fun working with the agents understanding management. Am not a fan of the campaigns as I am more technical. I would recommend to anybody who enjoys customer service.
not very productive work place leaving customers unhappy
Assisting customers (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 September 2015
It is a decent place to work but is not as professional as it claims to be, for example you would never feel truly comfortable working because men would always hit on you and I do not want to provoked or hit on while in a professional work environment. You would never get your commission there is a lot of complications when it comes to benefits they are not an organized company whatsoever
Pros
comfy chairs
Cons
not properly paid, system that counted hours always froze, very unprofessional, can not build a career with them

2.9