S&P Data

S&P Data Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Lazy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Trenton, ONMay 18, 2015
The atmosphere with the coworkers I was blessed with, was amazing. It made the job enjoyable. The management was completely unorganized. No room for advancement unless you had some sort of personal or outside connection with managers. Bonuses were never paid out. Too much stress for sales
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Toronto ONApril 27, 2015
Great Experience working at S&P Data. My co-workers played a major role is making this environment a fun an exciting one.
Good summer job
Telesales Agent (Former Employee), Hamilton OntarioApril 21, 2015
This job helped pay the bills! The environment wasn't too bad. Lots of hours, Lots of work to be done with incentives for going above and beyond.
productive
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 20, 2015
typical call centre job.
i learn how to meet targets.
they keep changing rules. they need to improve their system and managing.
some people are great.
Not a Good experience
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 10, 2015
Pros: Salary a bit better than other places, close to amneties
Cons: long hours, unrealistic targets, rude management
The Campaign started with the usual sweet talk.
making us feel it was an amazing place to work and friendly and understanding and all..but after training started what i would call a torture. No work ethics among manager, Quality coat or Team leaders. I felt i was more capable of doing their job for them.

They had very unrealistic conditions which would be achievable if you had superpowers.

Management is slow and unresponsive. no proper ethic. wont return calls on time, wont give much details when asked, wont even have courtesy to follow up on issues but just reach a verdict on their own.
Productive and competative environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), HamiltonMarch 23, 2015
Pros: friendly and supportive environment
Cons: short hours and low insentive
We are given limited time offers and we have to promote them while the sale targets need to be met. Management is always encouraging the employees to create opportunity in every call we take. The co-workers are very enthusiastic and motivating while the hardest part of the job is time management and unsatisfied customers.
A typical day at work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: great location, great company
Cons: no benefit and vacations yet
Come in on time
Log in and start doing my calls and promote Bell products
Try and sell to as many people as possible
Great colleagues and great atmosphere
a workplace of learning
Agent (Former Employee), Trenton, ONFebruary 4, 2015
I found working at a call center very different and a learning experience their was always something new to be leant and experieneces
Not a fun environment
Telephone Sales Agent (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 13, 2015
My experience at S&P Data was not a good one. It was everything that makes call center work have a bad reputation: management that cares only about numbers and not the people, absolutely no realistic room for advancement, and the constant reinforcement from everywhere that you are just another number in their job farm and can/will be easily replaced if necessary.
Growing pains that still need some work
Outbound Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee), Trenton, ONJanuary 9, 2015
The people are great, but I think the contract I was on gave me a bad taste. Not a horrible place to work it just needs some kinks worked out.
low wages,no benefits, good job for students
c.s.r. (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 14, 2014
Pros: a good place for a student to get some experience
Cons: low wages, no benefits
S&P is a good place to get some experience in customer service more suited for students
Fun to be with employees
Telesales Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 13, 2014
Pros: free coupons.
Cons: cutting of hours
Take in large volume of calls everyday I've learned how to deal with different type of customers and how to be patient in a professional manner. The management was okay. Co workers are great. Hardest part of the job is if you didn't hit the sales they will cut your hours and send you home after four hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is having to spend time with great co workers.
what a joke!!!
inbound (Former Employee), Trenton, ontNovember 6, 2014
Cons: everything
Where do I start!! First week of training, shifts got changed, not once but three times!! They don't care that you have a family, the hours suck, the pay sucks. They stick you in a so called classroom, with someone that calls them self a teacher, who has no clue about the company policies, let alone knowing how to teach others. Then..they throw you onto the floor, with one "helper" per 30 people! They screwed up royally on the pays..you hand in your direct deposit form, they mail you your pay. You quit, you have to fight for 3 weeks to get your last pay..and not without threatening with the labour board. THIS COMPANY IS A JOKE!!
Very professional office environment
Bell Canada Team Leader (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 18, 2014
Excellent employer!
I learned everything any office employee would need to know,
Example : excel, power point etc.

Hardest part of job : saying goodbye to excellent employees
Great Coowrkers and Decent Hours
Telesales Representative (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 4, 2014
Pros: got along with cooworkers very well, paid lunches.
Cons: commission bonus was insignificant, managers weren't great
A day at work at S&P Data consisted of logging in to your work station and dialing existing customers of Rogers Communications, analyzing their account and finding opportunities for up-selling them additional wireless services. I usually started around 10:00am, there were 2 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch, and went home around 7:00pm. It was not at all a bad job, the commission incentive wasn't exactly motivating and some of the managers were condescending but all in all a decent place to earn your money.
Horrible place to work
CAller for rogers (Former Employee), TorontoJune 25, 2014
Cons: no paid breaks
Pros: able to do nothing and still get paid
Cons: everything the pay, the management, the leads, the office has all broken chairs that they still haven't replaced the computers don't work . Training classes are done by normal workers who haven't learned how to reach a training class so basically you have to learn everything on the floor when dealing with customers. No incentives or commission. They don't even have a water cooler
not fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), toronto , onJune 3, 2014
Pros: family enviroment
Cons: wages
stress of the call centre doesn't equal the amount or lack thereof that we get paid.
Make sure you get everything you can out of it, because they will
Management (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 13, 2014
Pros: central location - you can run errands before/after your shift, if you like to meet new people you'll get your chance
Cons: low wages, processing 'delays' for raises, management inconsistency
Your typical day wiill vary with your position, but more importantly will vary depending on who is managing your department. Some are fairly consistent and adapt as necessary, others are more poorly run and seem to ambush employees with ever shifting policies. Rules, and how they are applied, depend on who is asking and when so be prepared to try different approaches with different people.

I learned a lot, but unfortunately there are no formal management training programs. If you are prepared to do a lot of self-directed learning, you can take a lot out of this position.

Co-workers were generally nice people. The staff is mostly young, 18-30, with the energy that brings.

The best part of the job is some of the people you'll meet and the stories they have to tell. The hardest part of the job is stress management.
Great idea if you don't have a backbone.
Telesales Representative (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 3, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: poor management, poor hr department, poor payroll department
I worked for S&P Data for just under two months and couldn't stand it any longer. The manager's and floor supervisor's treat employees like a bunch of chimps in a cage. I can't even count how many times I heard "Shut up and sit down" in a day. And now that I've left S&P Data, I'm having trouble receiving payment for the headset that they charged me $80 for. IF YOU HAVE ANY SENSE OF SELF-RESPECT, PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM S&P DATA.
S&P Data
Customer Service / Sales (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 18, 2014
Pros: incentives, management
Cons: hectic, random schedules, last minute changes.
The short and sweet of this company:

This company has a high turn over due to the nature of the jobs, The management is some of the best i have had in any job they are friendly approachable and willing to help in most situations. The company is very goal driven with daily weekly and monthly incentives, they have dropped off alot in the last few months due to the growth of the contract and request of the company that has contracted S&P.

Overall i would say it is positive experience friendly active managers coupled by decent co-workers makes the best of the workplace.