S&P Data Employee Reviews

Uptight Managers and Demanding Work Schedule
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 December 2016
The managers only like their employees if they make sales here. If there's a day that a person's sales don't meet their standards they will yell and give the cold shoulder to employees. They will make employees work nine days straight until they give them a day off and a shift is usually 8.5 to 9 hours, so you won't have a life. S&P will also take away bonuses if you get a write-up. They hire everyone under the sun, even a bum off the street. The base pay is poor but the incentives are good for only top sellers. Not a pleasant work environment at all.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Everything else
Very Poor Management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 October 2016
Management here is never on the same page, they also allow workers to lie and cheat existing Rogers customers so the managers dont get yelled at by the client, i feel like this whole business is a scam. I went for a mission trip and they told me i had to resign but guaranteed me rehire when i came back, so I resigned and when I came back, they claimed they wouldn't hire a rehire.
Pros
Great commission and rewards
Cons
Long hours, sometimes your putting in 55+ hours a week, then they get mad if you have a doctor appt.
Its a good place for beginners and new immigrants
Operations Manager - Call Center (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 September 2016
SP has been a good employer for new immigrants like me, who does not have prior Canadian experience. The work place is welcoming and has a very diversified working class of people from all over the world. Its a fun place to work and also make bonus/commission at an agent level.
Pros
connectivity to the work place and the management are good
Cons
More growth opportunities
It's a job
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 July 2016
Your basic call center. The only guarantee is that things change. You may not always stay in the same position, but if you are willing to try and do your best, they tend to keep you around. They are *somewhat* accomidating with schedules, if you're willing to fight for it.... hourly + bonus (sometimes) in most positions and it's (slightly) above minimum wage. You get upset customers, but at least you don't have to deal with them in person. It is very revolving door and people come and go constantly. They are always hiring. Don't expect a increase in wages as it never happens.
Pros
somewhat flexible, benefits, full time, good managers
Cons
revolving door, no raises
Great work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto15 August 2016
S&P Data provides employees with a great work environment. Employees are constantly being trained to ensure the company's standards are being met. Co-workers, supervisors, and managers always make themselves available to assist one another whenever needed.
Pros
clean and friendly work environment
Cons
9 month benefits probation
Good money but bad management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton O1 August 2016
I was able to learn a lot about multitasking within the computer programs as well as further customer service. The days were well managed. The management was unprofessional at points. My co-workers were great. The hardest part was knowing that at any point you could be fired if you didn't make all of your sales.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Call center style, Busy at times.
Telesales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 August 2016
Didn't enjoy working for S&P Data. You had up sell to gain commission. You also had to tell the customer that what you are pitching the sale for saves them money on their next bill which is false. Bad experience in my opinion.
Pros
Good people, training was easy
Cons
Commission, low pay, up sell
Would not work at a call centre again
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 July 2016
Terrible job. All you do is make phone calls in attempt to sell something. They didn't teach us anything about the computer system in training. They basically sprung it on us. All in all, the job is not ideal whatsoever.
Pros
Benefits/Lots of Hours
Cons
Boring & Repetitive
Terrible
Telecommunications Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON8 May 2016
A typical day at work involved me sitting and working tirelessly to sell specific products via telecommunications. What I learned from the job is patience, speaking to hundreds of people a day whilst trying to sell them all individual products is a challenging job that requires patience and perseverance. After becoming top salesman on the floor I was moved to a management position temporarily which involved supervising, and advising the sales associates.
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
It is overall fun and learning opportunity for me
Telemarketing Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2016
The most enjoyable part of my current job is that everyday I end up learning more and more from everyone whom I talk to and the management has always been supportive and helpfull which makes my job more enjoyable.
"Ok" place to work...
Rogers Consumer Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 June 2016
My typical day at work would start with finding a seat, logging on to systems and then waiting for a call. I was cable only so I would try selling home services to customers or adding channels, upgrading/downgrading packages, building bundles ext. The hours were usually always 8 hours shifts. Sometimes my schedule would change randomly, no one would call me to let me know so I would be too late or too early. The management was okay, some were good, some were not. The co-workers were nice, but I felt like there was a lot of drama. The hardest part of the job was reasoning with customers based on value and price of services, also sometimes we wouldn't get calls and It would be dead so it got very boring sitting and doing nothing but waiting for a call. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting your commission check at the end of the month.
Pros
Co-workers, commission
Cons
Long hours, randon shift changes, no room for advancement
Overall a negative experience.
Consumer Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 April 2016
S&P Data employs a work ethic revolving around favouritsm, nepotism, and rewards friends of management.

In the time I worked there, I watched people sexually harass others and get preferential treatment, only because of their relationships with authority. Racist, sexist and generally discriminatory attitudes and "jokes" fly around the room consistently.
Pros
Good hours, good learning
Cons
Management.
Primitive Workplace
Consumer Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 July 2016
A primitive work environment.
95% of all jobs are minimum wage.
Shift bidding system.
No room for advancement.
Constant upselling if u wage more wages but most existing customers already have everything they sell.
Pros
Cons
everything
A good place to work at.
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 November 2016
Working at S&P Data was a good experience and it improved my communication skills. It taught me so many things about sales. Everyone there is really friendly.
good place to enter the Canadian job market
TeleSales Representative and Verification Agent (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 June 2016
A little demanding and pressurising day everyday ;yet fun at work and with the other team mates.EAsy to blend in and be a part of the campaign.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
short lunches
Outbound Rogers
Outbound Sales Representative (Rogers) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2016
This company is a great way to make quick money. They will hire just about anyone, just make sure you wear a tie or clean up. The team leader play favourites so be on there good side. Be a kiss up, and you make it. Don't depend on the management because they don't know anything. The company has a power struggle with mangement. The environment is cheap, they cannot afford soap in the kitchen yet has 3-4 fridges in the office. I got to admit this is a amazing job to meet a variety of different people. Like someone has a PhD degree and a animator.

Moral of the story !!!! YOU NEED A JOB ASAP GO HERE.
Pros
Meet different people and understand there culture
Cons
Everything (unless you need a job)
Avoid if you can!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 March 2016
Management cares little to none about individual workers. Top sales man can get away with murder. But if you're not a top salesman you better be glued to your seat. Favourites are definitely played at this call centre. Management is very poor. Also promises are given to you about raises that will never be fulfilled. A bunch of top salesman have just left this place because of this exact reason. Your pays are always incorrect and the managers do little to solve it. And I top of this they tax you for "bellzone" points regardless of earning them or not. It's completely ridiculous. Work at your own risk here.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
Sales, lies and more sales
Customer Service and Sales (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON16 May 2016
Working at S&P Data is like a cheeped down Wolf on Wall Street. Only no one is having that much fun... The day begins with a chant to get you pumped to dial! If you are lucky all day you will be dialling trying to sell one of many services.

I started out on a Shaw Cable Contract and ended on that just the same. If you like to have your weekends off, in general call centres can be terrible places to work! If you are tempted to burn out, in general call centres are terrible places to work. If you personal life isn't easily scheduled. Prepare for the fact Call centres are terrible places to work!

On the bright side, you can be fired infinity times at this place. They may never truly get rid of you for life unless you are fighting in the parking lot or using drugs on cite. Due to a low availability in Trenton Workforce. S&P Data is prone to rehiring and Re-training.
Pros
Hourly wage
Cons
Low educated management, everyone is in each other's business, long hours, prone to causing burn out
not a good place to work
Outbound Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2016
management isnt helpful
bad incentives, yet we are promised ipads and iphone prizes in our initial job interview with the company
only pro to the place is the other employees.

customers on the phone are allowed to say racist, swear comments to us and management will not report it or do anything about it. typical sales centre.
Pros
employees
Cons
mess with hours every month, incentives are garbage or non-existant
Worse lace to work.
Outbound Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 October 2016
Dont even think about working there. Its the worse lace to work. they use your talent. and wont give you anything in return.

2.8