S&P Data Employee Reviews in Canada

Avoid if you can!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 12, 2016
Management cares little to none about individual workers. Top sales man can get away with murder. But if you're not a top salesman you better be glued to your seat. Favourites are definitely played at this call centre. Management is very poor. Also promises are given to you about raises that will never be fulfilled. A bunch of top salesman have just left this place because of this exact reason. Your pays are always incorrect and the managers do little to solve it. And I top of this they tax you for "bellzone" points regardless of earning them or not. It's completely ridiculous. Work at your own risk here.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
Outbound Rogers
Outbound Sales Representative (Rogers) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 22, 2016
This company is a great way to make quick money. They will hire just about anyone, just make sure you wear a tie or clean up. The team leader play favourites so be on there good side. Be a kiss up, and you make it. Don't depend on the management because they don't know anything. The company has a power struggle with mangement. The environment is cheap, they cannot afford soap in the kitchen yet has 3-4 fridges in the office. I got to admit this is a amazing job to meet a variety of different people. Like someone has a PhD degree and a animator.

Moral of the story !!!! YOU NEED A JOB ASAP GO HERE.
Pros
Meet different people and understand there culture
Cons
Everything (unless you need a job)
The epitome of a Modern Day Hero
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 17, 2016
I've been living here in Canada for several years, been with different kind of people and tried different jobs. I could simply say that working in this kind of industry have though me so well based on all the experiences I've gathered in this field. Being able to manage the needs of other people in the most compassionate, relevant and fulfilling way you can is simply exceptional and I would used a hyperbole of becoming a modern hero by simply being able to extend your help to the people who are in need. As an immigrant from a different country, this job is a stepping stone on becoming a better individual and effective team member. I've realized that being a customer service representative is not just about knowing how to speak a specific language or your proficiency in english, it's all about the heart you put towards your work. Customer service job was never easy. A fast paced environment like this keeps on growing and you as a regular individual should uplift yourself and be competitive enough to sustain the needs of the job. A piece of advice to fellow customer service rep like me, I've realized that patience was indeed a virtue and one of the most essential quality you have to possess in order to experience success.
Pros
Incentives like gift cards, games and concert tickets, excellent hypes
Cons
Lower hourly rate and not enough benefits.
Unbalanced work environment.
Telesales representative, Inbound Customer service (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONNovember 2, 2015
Poorly managed work environment with a heavy amount of favoritism. Company was late to provide on bonuses, work benefits and, work schedules. Lack of communication from upper management.
Pros
Comfortable work environment, great co-workers.
Cons
Workplace politics.
Professional and supportive atmosphere
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 13, 2016
S&P Data provides an exciting and competitive environment where representatives and management work collectively to exceed sales target on a daily basis.
not a good place to work
Outbound Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 13, 2016
management isnt helpful
bad incentives, yet we are promised ipads and iphone prizes in our initial job interview with the company
only pro to the place is the other employees.

customers on the phone are allowed to say racist, swear comments to us and management will not report it or do anything about it. typical sales centre.
Pros
employees
Cons
mess with hours every month, incentives are garbage or non-existant
not very productive work place leaving customers unhappy
Assisting customers (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONSeptember 9, 2015
It is a decent place to work but is not as professional as it claims to be, for example you would never feel truly comfortable working because men would always hit on you and I do not want to provoked or hit on while in a professional work environment. You would never get your commission there is a lot of complications when it comes to benefits they are not an organized company whatsoever
Pros
comfy chairs
Cons
not properly paid, system that counted hours always froze, very unprofessional, can not build a career with them
"Ok" place to work...
Rogers Consumer Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJune 19, 2016
My typical day at work would start with finding a seat, logging on to systems and then waiting for a call. I was cable only so I would try selling home services to customers or adding channels, upgrading/downgrading packages, building bundles ext. The hours were usually always 8 hours shifts. Sometimes my schedule would change randomly, no one would call me to let me know so I would be too late or too early. The management was okay, some were good, some were not. The co-workers were nice, but I felt like there was a lot of drama. The hardest part of the job was reasoning with customers based on value and price of services, also sometimes we wouldn't get calls and It would be dead so it got very boring sitting and doing nothing but waiting for a call. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting your commission check at the end of the month.
Pros
Co-workers, commission
Cons
Long hours, randon shift changes, no room for advancement
Sales, lies and more sales
Customer Service and Sales (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ONMay 16, 2016
Working at S&P Data is like a cheeped down Wolf on Wall Street. Only no one is having that much fun... The day begins with a chant to get you pumped to dial! If you are lucky all day you will be dialling trying to sell one of many services.

I started out on a Shaw Cable Contract and ended on that just the same. If you like to have your weekends off, in general call centres can be terrible places to work! If you are tempted to burn out, in general call centres are terrible places to work. If you personal life isn't easily scheduled. Prepare for the fact Call centres are terrible places to work!

On the bright side, you can be fired infinity times at this place. They may never truly get rid of you for life unless you are fighting in the parking lot or using drugs on cite. Due to a low availability in Trenton Workforce. S&P Data is prone to rehiring and Re-training.
Pros
Hourly wage
Cons
Low educated management, everyone is in each other's business, long hours, prone to causing burn out
fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONNovember 8, 2015
It was a fulfilling company to work for. I gained a lot of very valuable life skills. The management was very understanding, and the training was good.
Pros
good management
Cons
the worst company to work for
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 11, 2016
if you really wanna hate your life and be at the verge of collapse this is your go to company is terribly managed and the staff and obnoxious and terribly under qualified. They steal your comission under bs grounds
Pros
Cons
long hours they take your comission
If youve always dreamed of being a telemarketter
Bell Outbound Telesales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 4, 2015
HR is useless. Management does nothing to resolve problems. Often you're left unsupervised when you need help or have questions. It's very draining to constantly be screamed at because "it's a sunday" or "I hate Bell". Afternoon shifts. You're allowed to use your phones on the floor unless the VP or CEO is in, then you're fired on the spot without warning. I left because of an issue with HR not resolving innappropriate workplace behaviour as they had promised.
Pros
High commission for top sellers
Cons
Being a telemarketer
Terrible
Telecommunications Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ONMay 8, 2016
A typical day at work involved me sitting and working tirelessly to sell specific products via telecommunications. What I learned from the job is patience, speaking to hundreds of people a day whilst trying to sell them all individual products is a challenging job that requires patience and perseverance. After becoming top salesman on the floor I was moved to a management position temporarily which involved supervising, and advising the sales associates.
Pros
paid lunches
Not a Good experience
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 10, 2015
The Campaign started with the usual sweet talk.
making us feel it was an amazing place to work and friendly and understanding and all..but after training started what i would call a torture. No work ethics among manager, Quality coat or Team leaders. I felt i was more capable of doing their job for them.

They had very unrealistic conditions which would be achievable if you had superpowers.

Management is slow and unresponsive. no proper ethic. wont return calls on time, wont give much details when asked, wont even have courtesy to follow up on issues but just reach a verdict on their own.
Pros
Salary a bit better than other places, close to amneties
Cons
long hours, unrealistic targets, rude management
It was ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONNovember 29, 2015
I found the job easy enough to do, I didn't like how they pushed you to make sales when they didn't fit the needs of the customer. There was great people, fun environment, and lots of help when needed. Co-workers were awesome. The hardest part was making the daily sales needed. The most enjoyable part was great conversations.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Overall a negative experience.
Consumer Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 18, 2016
S&P Data employs a work ethic revolving around favouritsm, nepotism, and rewards friends of management.

In the time I worked there, I watched people sexually harass others and get preferential treatment, only because of their relationships with authority. Racist, sexist and generally discriminatory attitudes and "jokes" fly around the room consistently.
Pros
Good hours, good learning
Cons
Management.
Nice working enviroment
Sales agent (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ONFebruary 24, 2016
Good work just Outbound sales over the phone wasn't my thing.

Co-workers and management were all pleasant to work with.
Okay workplace great people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ONJanuary 12, 2016
Amazing staff and trainers. Extremely fun work environment with friendly people but the work culture was not very efficient.
Sour Experience
Tele Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 8, 2015
Training was simple, straightforward and the first couple of weeks they help you settle in but it all goes downhill from there..quality control, for the most part is helpful yet at times overly demanding..the company lies about both employee discounts & commission and every paycheck brings about some kind of a nasty surprise. Most co-workers are nice. All in all, a largely negative atmosphere, management is either completely missing or overly controlling (NO MIDDLE GROUND)..good transitional option while you're looking for something else but don't expect to last more than a couple of months.
Pros
Co-workers. Close to Eglinton Station.
Cons
Payroll is shady. Tense environment.
unorganized
csr (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONDecember 2, 2015
Rude management, unprofessional, dirty work environment, very pushing on sales. They play favorites and the hours are suck. The turnover rate is high because it's such a bad company to work for.
Pros
Easy to get hired
Cons
unorganized

2.8