S&P Data Employee Reviews

I came, i saw and ..and then let me go
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2017
I remember coming across this place and how I would fit in with all the regulars.
After 4 Weeks I got the hang of it and nailed it in sales.
I sold 12 sales in one day beating out all the regulars..they were all ashamed and wondering how the newbie did that.
I finishes the campaign as well and then after I was told I had to leave.
Funny how they just figured I'm too good.
Pros
Good incentives
Cons
Job security
Productive, yet blan work environment
Rogers/Bell representative (Current Employee) –  Trenton, ON15 December 2016
A typical day at work consists of being yelled at by customers over the phone and by managers as a follow up. At S&P Data I've learned that most sales associates don't care about their customers (commission is all that matters). The management does what they can in terms of helping out with employee sales and personal life but most times they sit back at their desks and leisure. The hardest part of the job is being non active for 8+ hours and learning to accept hard criticism by most people in the building/over the phone. The only enjoyable thing about this job are the fellow employees.. the ONLY thing getting me through my work day.
Pros
Janiter is cool
Cons
Everything else
Uptight Managers and Demanding Work Schedule
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 December 2016
The managers only like their employees if they make sales here. If there's a day that a person's sales don't meet their standards they will yell and give the cold shoulder to employees. They will make employees work nine days straight until they give them a day off and a shift is usually 8.5 to 9 hours, so you won't have a life. S&P will also take away bonuses if you get a write-up. They hire everyone under the sun, even a bum off the street. The base pay is poor but the incentives are good for only top sellers. Not a pleasant work environment at all.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Everything else
Productive and fun workplace with lots of room for advancement.
CERTIFIED CORPORATE TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2017
Amazing overall company to work. I started as a telesales agent on the outbound Bell Mobility campaign and within 6 months was promoted to corporate trainer and after 3 months of being trained by certified Bell trainers i graduated to Master trainer.
Pros
Hourly rate plus commission.
Cons
Management politics and internal favoratism.
Doomed for advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 December 2016
I worked for this company for just under two years and as a whole it was not that bad of a company to work for. It is a good stepping stone from graduating school and looking for some cash to pay for schooling. Schedules are semi flexible, depending on the situation. Sadly while I was there there wasn't much room for advancement which led me to seek better employment elsewhere.
Very Poor Management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 October 2016
Management here is never on the same page, they also allow workers to lie and cheat existing Rogers customers so the managers dont get yelled at by the client, i feel like this whole business is a scam. I went for a mission trip and they told me i had to resign but guaranteed me rehire when i came back, so I resigned and when I came back, they claimed they wouldn't hire a rehire.
Pros
Great commission and rewards
Cons
Long hours, sometimes your putting in 55+ hours a week, then they get mad if you have a doctor appt.
Its a good place for beginners and new immigrants
Operations Manager - Call Center (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 September 2016
SP has been a good employer for new immigrants like me, who does not have prior Canadian experience. The work place is welcoming and has a very diversified working class of people from all over the world. Its a fun place to work and also make bonus/commission at an agent level.
Pros
connectivity to the work place and the management are good
Cons
More growth opportunities
Extremely dull with limited career coaching opportunities
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 January 2017
- extremely boring
- quick to write you up for performance evaluations or not meeting targets but do not provide decent coaching
- lack of advancement opportunities
Decent work environment, table tennis table
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 December 2016
It's a decent place to work, some of the team leaders are a little too strict, while others are awesome. Terrible work hours, and bad pay. Nice co-workers.
Great group of People
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 February 2017
On a typical day I answer customers question about their current services and future services that Rogers can provide them. There is a great group of people there and have made many friends.
Great work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto15 August 2016
S&P Data provides employees with a great work environment. Employees are constantly being trained to ensure the company's standards are being met. Co-workers, supervisors, and managers always make themselves available to assist one another whenever needed.
Pros
clean and friendly work environment
Cons
9 month benefits probation
It's a job
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 July 2016
Your basic call center. The only guarantee is that things change. You may not always stay in the same position, but if you are willing to try and do your best, they tend to keep you around. They are *somewhat* accomidating with schedules, if you're willing to fight for it.... hourly + bonus (sometimes) in most positions and it's (slightly) above minimum wage. You get upset customers, but at least you don't have to deal with them in person. It is very revolving door and people come and go constantly. They are always hiring. Don't expect a increase in wages as it never happens.
Pros
somewhat flexible, benefits, full time, good managers
Cons
revolving door, no raises
Good work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  hamilton on4 January 2017
Fun working with the agents understanding management. Am not a fan of the campaigns as I am more technical. I would recommend to anybody who enjoys customer service.
Good money but bad management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton O1 August 2016
I was able to learn a lot about multitasking within the computer programs as well as further customer service. The days were well managed. The management was unprofessional at points. My co-workers were great. The hardest part was knowing that at any point you could be fired if you didn't make all of your sales.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Call center style, Busy at times.
Telesales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 August 2016
Didn't enjoy working for S&P Data. You had up sell to gain commission. You also had to tell the customer that what you are pitching the sale for saves them money on their next bill which is false. Bad experience in my opinion.
Pros
Good people, training was easy
Cons
Commission, low pay, up sell
good environment
sells representitive (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 November 2016
I got new skills and experiences, co-workers were friendly. The hard part of this job is being on phone all the time and you have to meet your sells target every month.
Pros
bounses
fun, loving
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON26 December 2016
I loved working at s&p data in Trenton, Ont
They treated you like a family, worked with you during personal problem you might have
Great hours, great bonus for top sales
A good place to work at.
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 November 2016
Working at S&P Data was a good experience and it improved my communication skills. It taught me so many things about sales. Everyone there is really friendly.
Would not work at a call centre again
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 July 2016
Terrible job. All you do is make phone calls in attempt to sell something. They didn't teach us anything about the computer system in training. They basically sprung it on us. All in all, the job is not ideal whatsoever.
Pros
Benefits/Lots of Hours
Cons
Boring & Repetitive
It is overall fun and learning opportunity for me
Telemarketing Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2016
The most enjoyable part of my current job is that everyday I end up learning more and more from everyone whom I talk to and the management has always been supportive and helpfull which makes my job more enjoyable.

2.9