S&C currently has an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Designer who will reside in our Toronto office. The position involves a mixture of mechanical and electrical functions in the design and production of high-voltage switching and fusing products.
What S&C will offer:
- Competitive Compensation and Comprehensive Benefits Program
- Company Achievement Bonus Plan
- 3 Weeks Vacation
- Summer Hours
- Paid Holiday Shutdown
- Seniority Recognition Program
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Wellness Program (including subsidized Weight Watchers program)
- Educational Reimbursement program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Subsidized Cafeteria
- Team Building Events
- Preparation of approval drawings and bills of material for switchgear manufacturing per CSA/ANSI/UL standards.
- Preparation of mechanical drawings and related documentation using theoretical and practical knowledge of engineering concepts, materials, electrical and mechanical systems and their components for switchgear manufacturing.
- Prepare design steel details, steel assemblies, bus details, bus assemblies and bills of material for manufacturing in Microstation and Solid Edge.
- Prepare and issue engineering change notices as required.
- Produce production engineering drawings in a timely fashion adhering to internal drawing standards and production schedule.
- Support other departments in the production process such as manufacturing, welding, and final assembly.
- Two to three years of post secondary education in mechanical design and drafting technology.
- Good working knowledge of one of Microstation, Solid Edge, or AutoCAD.
- Two to three years experience in switchgear design preferred or similar field.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Preference would be given to candidates who have experience in working on Switchgear configurator tools like Rulestream, Promis-e or any other similar configurator tools. It would be desirable for a candidate to have some experience in simple software coding like Visual Basic
Indeed - 9 months ago