S&C Electric Company is a global provider of equipment and services for electric power systems. Founded in 1911, the Chicago-based company designs and manufactures switching and protection products for electric power transmission and distribution.
S&C currently has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Supervisor Facilities Services who will reside in our Toronto office.
What S&C will offer:
- Competitive Compensation and Comprehensive Benefits Program
- Company Achievement Bonus Plan
- 3 Weeks Vacation
- Summer Hours
- Paid Holiday Shutdown
- Seniority Recognition Program
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Wellness Program (including subsidized Weight Watchers program)
- Educational Reimbursement program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Subsidized Cafeteria
- Team Building Events
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Reporting to the Director of Facilities, the person will coordinate and supervise the services sector of the facilities department. This includes a supervisory role of the custodial staff and facility service personnel with the ability to work with outside services.
- Direct and lead staff in carrying out of facility services daily tasks
- Manage and schedule facility service personnel
- Liaise with Government agencies such as TSSA
- Source suppliers and requisition facility services products to maintain stock
- Identify / Initiate the need for staff training, cross training, complete performance reviews
- Ensure the health, safety and welfare of direct reports
- Coordinate and work with outside (3rd party) contractors
- Some project co-ordination involved
- Minimum 3 – 5 years experience in a related field, previous supervisory experience an asset
- CET certification or working towards certification, registered member with OACETT would be an asset
- Post-secondary education in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Possess good knowledge of architectural, structural, electrical, mechanical regulations
- Knowledge of the OBC (Ontario Building Code) and other standard practices of building trades
- Ability to use CAD (Computer Aided Design) programs
- Working knowledge of MS Office programs (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Able to work in a team environment, lead and take direction
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work with all levels of the organization
- Project management experience
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Flexibility is a must, able to perform outside the scope of work at any given time
- Must have a valid Ontario drivers license
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required,
Indeed - 2 years ago
S&C Electric Company is a global provider of equipment and services for electric power systems. Founded in 1911, the Chicago-based...