Our client a leader in the Machining industry is looking to add a General Manager to their team. Reporting to the Vice President your mandate will be to ensure accountability of internal processes, employees and suppliers while growing sales and acquiring new customers.
- Must be committed to the Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement process
- Provide Hands-on training , guidance and leadership to a group of approximately 15 employees
- Overall responsibility for the daily production and supporting departments
- Direct oversight of proposal and preparation of contracts to ensure profitability and act as the main contact in negotiation of change orders with all parties
- Review contracts and schedule requirements, coordinate field and subcontractors as well as materials.
- Direct monitoring of schedules and coordination of work from RFQ to delivery
- Ensure that health, safety and environmental standards are adhered to
- Ensure that quality standards are maintained and meet or exceed customer expectations
- Develop employees to elevate skills is vital
- Committed to executing, not just administrating with proven ability to manage staff, customers and suppliers toward achieving complete results
- Degree in Engineering or other related technical field or equivalent work experience
- 7 years+ experience in a Project Manager role handling high-mix and low-volume/custom machining/grinding solutions
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills and computer literacy
- Previous budget planning and P/L exposure is a requirement