Ryko Telecommunications is a fast-growing company that provides service to communications companies throughout Saskatchewan.
This position reports to management and must be knowledgeable in the technical operations and maintenance of the cable system. Duties will primarily include preventive maintenance with necessary record keeping, location and repair of equipment/plant failures on the cable system and assist in the technical training of installer/technicians. There will be some limited service work with customer trouble calls. The applicant should be knowledgeable with construction techniques, cable TV hybrid fiber coax plant technology and equipment and must be able to perform all installation, service technician and technician duties.
- Possess good people skills.
- Excellent work habits and demonstrated ability to perform job to a high degree of satisfaction.
- Safely climb poles and/or ladders or work from a lift bucket, at heights necessary to complete the job.
- Safely handle and carry ladders and weights up to 120 pounds.
- Work in confined spaces
- Meet established company standards of appearance and demeanor at all times.
- Generally be able to complete the work assigned without assistance.
- Have a valid driver's license and driving record and must meet the requirements outlined in the company's policy and/or safety manual(s).
- Safely drive Company vehicle provided for use in conjunction with job.
- Possess a good attitude and work well with other company employees, management and provide excellent customer service.
- Perform preventative maintenance on forward and return path of RF cable television distribution system.
- Preventative maintenance of Fiber Optics equipment.
- Ability to prepare and splice Fiber Optic cable.
- Sweep and balance forward and return path from Headend or Fiber Optic Node to end of line.
- Ability to repair or restore service during any system outage.
- Complete all required record-keeping associated with duties of job including completion of daily work reports.
- Install and maintain cable system power supplies.
- Supervisory responsibilities
Cable TV Technology and Operation with past experience in customer service.
Good Driving Record. Knowledge about cable television construction techniques and equipment
- Safety Equipment
- Signal Leakage Meter
- Spectrum Analyzer (basic functionality)
- Wavetek Stealth Sweep (Forward and Reverse, depth of modulation and carrier to noise functions)
- Trilithic Sweep
- Time Domain Reflectometer (TDR)
- Optical Time Domain Reflectometer (OTDR)
- Light Meter
- Fusion Splicer
- Bucket Truck
- Volt Ohm Meter (all functions including current draw)
- Routine tools; i.e. Drill, Hammer, Screwdriver, Fitting Preparation Tools, Crimping Tools, Cable Cutters, and miscellaneous sharp instruments
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Indeed - 11 months ago