Ryerson Canada Inc.
Who We Are
The Strength in Metal
Ryerson is a leading distributor and processor of metals in North America. Headquartered in Chicago, we operate service centers in cities across the United States and Canada, and serve an expanding international customer base through joint ventures in Mexico, Brazil, India and China. Ryerson offers an unparalleled range of products, leading processing and fabricating capabilities, a broad geographic reach, and an established commitment to superior service. Everything we do is backed by our Quality policy.
We currently have an opening for a Quality Manager in our Etobicoke location, with responsibility for both our Etobicoke and Sudbury operations. The Quality Manager is responsible for supervising all functions associated with maintaining and managing our Quality Assurance Programs and the quality of our product from order entry to delivery. If you are an ambitious, goal oriented individual who is looking for a new challenge then we want to hear from you.
The Quality Manager is responsible for:
- Managing the daily processes of our Quality program with conformance to the Quality Management System and the ISO Certification.
- Communicating with customers to identify quality requirements as well as investigating and resolving quality-related concerns.
- Connecting with material suppliers to become familiar with their manufacturing process, size and quality limitations.
- Coordinating schedules on customer and internal audits.
- Report on the performance of all quality management systems, on improvements needed and lead the team to enact change.
- Developing and maintaining continuous improvement initiatives in order to reduce errors and increase productivity.
- Conducting capability studies and SPC of major pieces of equipment.
- Strong knowledge of ISO, Nuclear Quality Assurance (NQA)
- Strong Lean Methodology knowledge, coupled with proven implementation of lean initiatives.
- Ensuring Ryerson remains current with Industry Quality Assurance programs.
- Coordinating and reviewing all closed CAR’s to identify and evaluate effectiveness of actions.
- Managing job performance and personal development of all direct reports.
- University degree in Engineering, Science or related field; or related Designation.
- 8-10 years of related experience in a quality role (preferably from metals industry or automotive industry).
- Experience with ISO requirements, certification and processes.
- Knowledge of ISO standards, policies, procedures and work instructions.
- Effective verbal and written communication and ability to mentor and train employees.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Product knowledge; American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) and American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME).
- Knowledge of customer applications for products.
- Knowledge of commercial acceptability of products (flatness, tolerances, surface finish, packaging, etc).
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Ability to multi-task when all projects are high priority.
- Ability to analyze complex situations and make timely decisions.
- Ability to collect and analyze data to determine root cause of problem.
- Internal drive to succeed and implement positive changes to benefit the organization.
While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. We offer competitive salary and benefits and opportunities for advancement.
Ryerson Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to representing the diverse communities we serve. That’s why we encourage applications from visible minorities, aboriginal people, women, and people with disabilities.
Indeed - 23 months ago
The Strength in Metal
Ryerson is a leading distributor and processor of metals in North America. Headquartered in Chicago, we operate...