Who We Are
The Strength in Metal
Ryerson is a leading distributor and processor of metals in North America. We operate service centres in cities across the United States and Canada, and serve an expanding international customer base. Ryerson offers an unparalleled range of products, leading processing and fabricating capabilities, a broad geographic reach, and an established commitment to superior service.
We are looking for a career-oriented Outside Sales Representative who will work at the Saskatoon branch.
The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for:
- Develops annual sales budgets and sales growth activity plans with sales manager and inside sales team.
- Reviews territory activities and communicates action plans to the team members and management on a daily basis.
- Recommends pricing levels to Inside Sales Reps and Sales Manager based on customer and market intelligence.
- Develops accounts with requirements in gross margin products.
- Communicates market conditions /pricing trends to Sales Team, Sales Managers and Product Managers.
- Implements and communicates account strategies.
- Recommends material pricing to inside sales.
- Provides specific market/customer information to sales and product managers as necessary.
- Uses EVA calculator to determine profitable contract opportunities.
- Provides technical and in-depth information to develop an appropriate package of products and services to serve customer requirements.
- Acquaints customers with industry changes in pricing, products and services.
- Develops account budgets and action plans for strategic accounts in conjunction with inside and outside sales managers.
- Reviews Key & Target Accounts with insides sales people.
- Increase sales and margins in assigned territory.
- Reviews NCR database, late status, and other reporting tools to develop corrective actions in conjunction with the Inside Sales Representatives.
- Communicates company’s Quality Assurance program to customers.
- Communicates with Sales Manager regarding market data and customer data.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Sales experience required, preferably within the metals industry
- Ability to work independently and be able to participate and work well in a team environment.
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated, with well developed analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to think spontaneously.
- Proficient computer skills with competency in Word, Excel and Mainframe.
- Superior customer service orientation.
- Knowledge of legislation regarding duty rates for import of international material.
- Understanding of the company policies, products and industry.
While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. We offer competitive salary and benefits and opportunities for advancement.
Qualified candidates are invited to forward their resume to: