Ryerson Canada Inc.
Ryerson is a leading distributor and processor of metals in North America. We operate service centres in cities across the United States and Canada, and serve an expanding international customer base. Ryerson offers an unparalleled range of products, leading processing and fabricating capabilities, a broad geographic reach, and an established commitment to superior service.
We are looking for a career-oriented, motivated Operations Engineer to join our team in Brampton.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Operations Engineer will support Ryerson’s Canadian branches in the area of warehouse operations, safety, quality & logistics. This person will be involved in assisting with the development of equipment utilization and efficiency, reduction of waste, improved safety processes, LEAN processes, continuous improvement, cost control and reduction, technology implementation, logistics, quality and enhanced customer service.
Working with branch management, this person will;
- Implement Environmental, Health and Safety processes.
- Create and lead Lean Projects and Continuous Improvement Projects.
- Develop PC based programs to support key measures and a continuous improvement process.
- Warehouse related projects.
- Support the development and skills upgrade of Ryerson Team Members.
- Develop and implement autonomous and preventative maintenance programs.
- Ensure Quality improvements.
- Achieve Logistics cost control and reduction.
Qualifications / Requirements:
The minimum level of education to perform this job competently is equivalent to high school graduation and completion of a post-secondary education program preferably in the area of Engineering. This person can understand, utilize and communicate specialized information in speech and written text. This specialized training is often formalized and recognized by a specific certificate, diploma, license, etc. The ideal candidate should be trained in Lean manufacturing process with practical experiences.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in an industrial setting.
- Minimum education is 2 years post-secondary education, preferably in Engineering.
- Ideal candidate should be trained in Lean Manufacturing processes with practical experiences.
- Computer skills specifically mainframe, PC, AutoCAD, advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Access, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Highly motivated, with well-developed analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of equipment and maintenance processes, metals industry experience is beneficial.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Legislation.
- Effectively adapting to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and sudden/frequent changes in priority in order to accomplish objectives. Some travel will be required.
- Developing and maintaining a network of contacts, both inside and outside the organization with people who may be able to supple information, assistance or support for work related goals.
- Taking the initiative to understand the needs of others (internal and external “customers”) and acting to do something helpful.
- Identify and evaluate new and unique opportunities, concepts, ideas, approaches, techniques for improving the organization (eg. Cost reduction, use of resources, policies/procedures and the implementation of technology).
- The ability to link long-range vision and concepts to daily work.
- Familiar with LEAN manufacturing systems.
- Possess project management skills and the ability to resolve complex problems.
We offer competitive salary and benefits and opportunities for advancement. While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
Qualified candidates are invited to forward their resume to:
Ryerson Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to representing the diverse communities we serve. That’s why we encourage applications from visible minorities, aboriginal people, women, and people with disabilities.
Indeed - 15 months ago
The Strength in Metal
Ryerson is a leading distributor and processor of metals in North America. Headquartered in Chicago, we operate...