Ryerson University

Ryerson University Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Friendly and cooperative team
Research Scientist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 10, 2013
I worked in Wincore Lab at the Ryerson University. I enjoyed my work there. The team members and staffs were very cooperative and friendly. The professor leading the lab were very helpful. I learned how to manage and lead a team and how to collaborate with other people in the group and other group in different universities. We have flexibility in the – more... work. As such we could sometime work from home (we could access resources from home computer) and sometime we also worked in the weekend and night when needed. Overall, it was my great pleasure to work in Ryerson. – less
Best place for students
Network Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 20, 2013
Pros: hands-on experience on cisco products
Cons: non-paid
One of the best places for student to get a hands-on real network equipment. Loved every secs of it. Enjoyed working at Ryerson during my post-grad studies.
great pay with flexible hours
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 6, 2013
I learned a lot from my professors, while I improved on my communication skills.
Productive workplace where I could practice my skills.
Geo-Technology Laboratory Monitor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 3, 2013
I monitored and assisted students in a working lab with geo-technology and GIS software. I learned teaching skills towards fellow students. I always worked alone. The management was not around during work hours but very helpful via email. The hardest part of the job was helping students performing calculations in GIS software such as ARC, I would have – more... to learn these calculations along with them. The most enjoyable part was the ability to practice my abilities with the software in this extra time. – less
Balancing work-life with school
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 11, 2013
Teaching Assistant - Supply Chain Process Architecture

Being a student, a teaching assistant position is a very honourable position that awards high academic achievement. A typical day as a teaching assistant would mean on-call work as the semester progressed. The job responsibilities for myself were mainly grading student assignments, creating rubrics, – more... assisting students, and invigilating exams.

I have learnt a lot as a teaching assistant from the importance of protecting personal information to developing fair assessment tools. One of the most important lessons I have learned as a teaching assistant is to maintain constant communication with the supervising professor. As the semester progressed, I have learnt to appreciate the aforementioned more and more as the work begins to increase exponentially and deadlines become shorter.

The teaching assistant role is a self-management role, where the supervising professor will occasionally give you tasks with specified or mutually agreed deadlines.

The hardest part of the job would definitely be the fact that work would increase at the same time school work would increase. This meant increased burden of work during examination times.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that teaching assistants have a view of the teacher's side of the educational process. To top it off, it also paid really well. – less
Teaching Assistant for Municipal Finance over two terms
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 29, 2013
A great overall experience with responsibility and independence.
Learned a variety of work and skills
Public Affairs Intern (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 17, 2013
Pros: perks to long weekend hours
I do something new everyday and this involve different skill sets such as social media, internal communication, pitching to different clients and interviewing professors
Working on campus provides a convenient work location for students as well as lots of school spirit!
Mental Health Peer Health Promoter (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 9, 2013
Pros: working on campus is convenient
Cons: pay earnings are limited
Working for Ryerson University helped me to earn money without neglecting my academic responsibilities. My employers were very understand of my academic priorities.
Productive and fun workplace
Receptionist / Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 7, 2013
I enjoyed working with very knowledgable PhD Candidates towards helping students with their needs.
Productice and fun place to work with friendly staff
ITM Helpdesk Support Staff (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 14, 2013
Pros: high interaction and chances to meet people
Cons: sometimes work would get slow
• Provide frontline support to BTM students such as installing essential software on their assigned laptop
• Provide support to BTM students over the phone as well as e-mail
• Resolve hardware and software issues, involving laptop repairs and troubleshooting
Lots of space to work independently, supervisors are very helpful.
Solid Mechanics RA Engineer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 5, 2013
Learned different modeling techniques, machining processes. Worked independently while meeting with supervisor once a week.
Productive and fun place
Invigilator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 7, 2013
Pros: decent pay, in downtown
Cons: only grad students
 a typical day involves invigilating students
 I learnt my presentation and organizing skills here
 Management is very friendly and co - operative
The classroom
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2013
Preparation for the class, this is a very enjoyable learning experience.
Fast Paced
Lab Monitor and Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), toronto, onJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: short hours
Cons: stressful
- Supervised students
- Created Presentations
- Created reports on damages
- Inspected for Safety
productive environment
Volunteer/Fundraising Coordinator (Former Employee), toronto, ontarioJanuary 28, 2013
it was a very good experience.
the team was very cooprative.
great team work.
Wonderful place to work
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), engineering buildingJanuary 14, 2013
Easy going friendly fun environment, with plenty of knowledgable staff to help you out.
good employer
Student Council Representative (Current Employee), Ryerson universitySeptember 13, 2012
Good employer. But Nunavut is far. They have one hour luch breaks and good compensation packages. Rest is the same. Pretty busy place. Work demands lots of responsibility working in the department of finance.
Professional Workplace
Research Assistant in Chemical Engineering (Former Employee), TorontoSeptember 9, 2012
It was a good and professional experience for me as a chemist
Productive and friendly environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 10, 2012
- Fun working
- Good support for Co-workers.
- Friendly environment
Research Assistantship position
Java Developer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 27, 2012
Pros: make money while you study :)
Research Assistantship positions are a great way to make money while you are studying. Typically you cannot exceed 20 hours per week but the work is always rewarding in not only money, but knowledge.

About Ryerson University

Ryerson University is a public research university located in downtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Its urban campus surrounds the – Read more