Ryerson University Employee Reviews

great
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 October 2016
I love this university. best for growing up. Ryerson is Canada's leader in innovative, career-focused education and a university clearly on the move. It is a distinctly urban university with a focus on innovation and entrepreneurship. Ryerson has a mission to serve societal need and a long-standing commitment to engaging its community.
Productive and quite environment
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2016
• Covered two undergraduate level courses, Introductory Microeconomics and Introductory Macroeconomics.
• Scheduled and maintained regular office hours to meet with students.
• Led discussion, tutorials, and laboratory sections. (most enjoyable)
• Evaluated and graded examinations, assignments, papers, and recorded grades.
• Invigilated Mid-term and Final examinations, it was the hardest part.
Proactive and good environment to work.
LAB ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2016
A good environment to work with. And made me a resourceful person.
Learned to implemented projects using Cisco switches and routers
Worked on Cisco GSR 12000, 7200, 7500, 3600, 3700, 2600 series and Cisco 2900,3550, 3750, 6500 series
Designed and implemented RIPv2, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF/OSPFv3, HSRP, BGP, SSH, SMTP, DHCP, FTP, MPLS, HTTP/HTTPS, HSRP, PVST, Ethernet channels, L2/L3 VPN’s Worked on Cisco UCS, Nexus switches and Cisco MDS9000, VSANs, Zoning, FCIP.
We worked in group to perform the assigned task, showing a good team spirit.
It was refreshing to learn new things everyday and to meet new people.
It was hard to manage few tasks on time but we overcame by managing our time effectively and by dedicating ourself to work.
Challenging and Enjoyable
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2016
I learned many things about civil engineering and the uses for the different lab tests for environmental, structural, and transportation. A typical work day would consist of helping graduate and doctoral students on their research.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Facilities Help Desk Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2016
Great people, great pay, great benefits. caring people all around and lots of room for advancement into higher positions
IT consultant for capstone project
IT Solutions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 August 2016
A typical day would be organizing meetings with my team members to discuss project deliverables, set deadlines, and how to proceed to the next stage in the process. We also had to meet with different stakeholders to see what requirements they need for the system to be built for them. The hardest part of the job is to think of a new system to replace the old system and how advantageous it is compared to the old system. Most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know a lot of people and converse in interesting discussions.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Long hours and it is volunteer work
Vibrant
Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2016
Great place for learning. Rich resources and diversity. Healthy and productive environment of working and learning.
Pros
Core to the City
Cons
Long commute
Strict with the examination process
Exam Invigilator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2016
Ryerson University is a very good Company to work with. The job culture is very inclusive and dynamic. The student population is also a dynamic as well.
Productive and motivation driven
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 July 2016
Working here taught me strong work ethics and I excelled my knowledge of parallel programming with MPI. I learned conducting literature review and finding missing pieces.
Pros
Group Lunches
Provides a wide variety of courses that may be selected to further your education.
Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 June 2016
Due to the course loads that I have had over the years at Ryerson, I have spent many hours studying, completing projects and understanding the concepts for the given course. Overall I can say that the hard work was necessary and worth it to further my interest as well as my view on engineering.
lunch room
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 June 2016
Start with station prep, service, close station
Team work, individual work, cooking methods, new cuisines
Loved my co workers
Getting to interact with the customers and building a relationship with regulars.
Pros
free lunch, benefits
Cons
8 month term contract with no guarantee of renewal
Flexible work hours; friendly environment
Graduate Assistant - Economics Department (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2016
It was great working at Ryerson. My supervisor was very helpful throughout and I got to learn a lot.
Each semester I had to check term papers for the undergrad students (roughly around 120 term papers).
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
no cons so far
What I learned and the hardest part of the job
Research Assistance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2016
I learnt how to operate microscope and use in conjunction with photo software to capture images of mould and stack the picture into one. The hardest part of the job is flexion of the neck when viewing the microscope.
enjoyable work
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 April 2016
It is enjoyable work. It is not easy however because of the long hours that require constant high energy attitude and walking.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
difficult students
Diverese community knowledge
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 April 2016
 In my final year, I helped 1st and 2nd year students with their projects and tutoring.
 This increased my communication skills as I was interacting with individuals from diverse communities.
Fun working enviorment
Gym Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2016
Got to learn what it takes to run a High end Athletic Facility, and learn the importance of customer satisfaction. Co-workers were students as-well and the environment made me feel at home.
Pros
flexible with school
Cons
Short hours
a great multi-cultural workplace
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2016
a great multi-cultural workplace. A typical workplace to learn up to date technology. Professors are very knowledgeable and friendly.
Excellent management
Special Projects Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 April 2016
Excellent place to work at. the management makes sure that you have a complete work-life balance and are very supportive of your ideas and recommendations.
Programming Assistant
Assistant Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2016
I work with other programmers to develop apps and update websites. I worked full-time in summer and worked part-time throughout the year. I really enjoy debugging programs and fixing errors.
Good Student Experience
Student Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 March 2016
Working in the design center is great exposure to real world clients and working with materials specifications. Projects vary and give students a good range of choice depending on the field of design they are looking to work in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ryerson University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4