Ryerson University

Ryerson University Employee Reviews

enjoyable work
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 28, 2016
It is enjoyable work. It is not easy however because of the long hours that require constant high energy attitude and walking.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
difficult students
Excellent management
Special Projects Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 9, 2016
Excellent place to work at. the management makes sure that you have a complete work-life balance and are very supportive of your ideas and recommendations.
a great multi-cultural workplace
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 10, 2016
a great multi-cultural workplace. A typical workplace to learn up to date technology. Professors are very knowledgeable and friendly.
Programming Assistant
Assistant Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 23, 2016
I work with other programmers to develop apps and update websites. I worked full-time in summer and worked part-time throughout the year. I really enjoy debugging programs and fixing errors.
Good Student Experience
Student Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 11, 2016
Working in the design center is great exposure to real world clients and working with materials specifications. Projects vary and give students a good range of choice depending on the field of design they are looking to work in.
Productive and collegial environment
Events Coordinator (Current Employee) –  415 Yonge Street, Toronto, ONSeptember 8, 2014
A typical day within Ryerson University often provides content and creative duties to keep the job fun, and an exemplary work life balance.
At Ryerson I learned how to pitch to the media, organize corporate events and project management best practices.
My co-workers we're helpful, kind and very digitally savvy.
I wouldn't say there was a hardest part of my position and overall I enjoyed the variety of work.
Pros
location
Cons
advancement is difficult
Amazing people
Newspaper Co-Editor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2016
Worked on the Engineering newspaper while attending Ryerson. Loved the people there, hard working group. It's pretty great.
very good research experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 2, 2016
I learned a lot in a university research environment. The university can provide resource for research requirement. It is located in downtown Toronto and public transportation is very good.
Hard to obtain full time permanent
Payments Representative (Former Employee) –  torontoNovember 6, 2015
You will most likely be in contract for a long time and there's no telling when they decide to let you go. You still need to pay union dues even if you are contract and it mostly benefits the permanent employees
full of discoveries
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 17, 2016
I went into the lab as i scheduled for that week. i usually modified my experiments on MOFs as i read more articles. my curiosity also drove me into making my own modifications in the synthesis procedure. i learnt a lot and discovered a lot after the characterization of my samples.
Pros
unravel my own potential
Cons
working alone was boring
Troubleshooting data center, Maintaining Server PODs
Research / Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 5, 2015
Faced challenges to re-arrange the PODs for course. Improved the availability of PODs and improved network by replacing devices to latest models.
Pros
Productive work, Good management, Challenges
Productive workplace
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 5, 2016
Ryerson University provides you with the opportunity to teach, to grow and to learn. It is an urban and engaging university setting with a diverse body of students.
As an instructor in the socieal sciences, I had the richest experience working with students and faculty of all background.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 18, 2015
As a qualified landed immigrant to Canada, I had the unique opportunity of knowing the work culture, demands of work and the work environment in different settings. My qualification and international experience helped me a lot in getting along with people coming from different background, that enriched my own life.
Pros
Learning skills
Cons
Hard work
Independent job, time management and a lot to learn
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 22, 2015
I had the pleasure of being a student researcher during my last of Ryerson. The professor I have worked with was fantastic at her job and was willing to help me and contact me as much as possible for the project I was working in.
Pros
Work at your own pace
Cons
If you don't manage your time well, you won't do well
Intense environment.
Professor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 30, 2016
Most enjoyable part of the job is the interactions with young people/students and knowing that you are having an impact on their future.
great management, place to learn and excel
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  toronto,ONSeptember 23, 2015
Educational workplace with supportive mentors and management. Most of the professor take interest in your personal and professional success.
Best Employer in the GTA
Admissions and Liaison Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 21, 2015
Great place to work. The union and HR have a great working relationship which means employees benefit tremendously. If you want to be part of an innovative, and diverse community, then Ryerson University is the place to be.
Pros
Great management teams, fun place to work.
Ryerson University
Event Planner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 28, 2014
I worked at Ryerson University in the Government, Communications and Community Engagement Department, as well as within the Digital Media Zone. My duties we’re comprised of: daily media monitoring, writing news briefing for Ryerson Today, social media account management, research, writing media advisories, media lists, as well as providing first drafts for business communication plans.
Pros
company culture
Productive and fun workplace
Catering Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 21, 2015
• Worked with Chef and Event Management Planner to maintain, record and regulate client portfolios
• Performed various assigned tasks and duties needed to support the Catering department
• Corresponded and connected effectively with Catering department as to client accounts on a timely basis
• Followed up and consulted guest needs on a constant basis, ensuring efficient productivity to maintain clientele relationships
Busy and exciting workplace - lots of interaction co workers
account manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 8, 2014
mis managed
bureaucratic atmosphere of resentment - union involved
management not accountable to staff for security and
procedures
I loved meeting the different people that worked there - from all over the world
typical day is obtaining cash up to 1 million dollars per day and having a staff count it
I was responsible for correctly depositing it in bank - dangerous area even in the day time - no security escort to bank. Yonge and Dundas area. I supervised the account payable clerk who was very unhappy with management before I came there. Previous acct. manager had been tied up in safe - no security measures put in place.
I had to investigate missing money which made me work overtime - no help from management - no changes in security.
Pros
met many different people from all over the world
Cons
no exisitn security measures in place - robbery within took place -

4.4