Ryerson University Employee Reviews

Fun fast paced workplace
IT Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 July 2017
Working at Ryerson is amazing, being a recent graduate and alumni of Ryerson I couldn't be happier being here. Everyone is so accommodating and understanding.This position allows for a lot of freedom in your working hours, provided that the work is done for your supervisor when you have your meetings. Great place to work.Very friendly environment. Everyone willing to help and guide.
Everything is on schedule.No pressure on employments.good accessibility to downtown.A typical days of work is really interesting, since we get to meet lots of different people every time and have to face new problems all the time. In some cases, we are given instructions, on how to do. But in many cases, we have to improvise and solve the issue.
Pros
Adjustable Schedule
Cons
minimal advancement
Amazing
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 July 2017
Well paced work environment
Master's Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 July 2017
Marking assignment load depends on the professor of the course but it is usually balanced well. Lab and tutorial sizes are average. It is a friendly and helpful environment to work in.
School
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2017
attended school here
did not work here as an employee
great school with multiple facilities to use as a student
great education program in Business technology management
Fun research lab
Summer Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2017
Data Extractor
Data Extractor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 July 2017
The training and work environment is very nice. The campus is modern and equipped with the latest technology. People are professional and human resources helped me out when I needed them.
Pros
Training is good.
Good place to be
Hardware Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 June 2017
Good place to be, Good work-life balance. Could be more productive if all "workers" were not student and if deadlines were tighter. Students need to get out and contribute more to the industry.
Very Short Term and Very Little Hours
Ted Rogers Leadership Centre (TRLC) Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 June 2017
I loved this job, and I love Ryerson. This particular job was very very part time, so that's the only reason I gave "salary/benefits" 3/5 stars. This was a great job to have while enrolled as a student.
Friendly
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2017
Very friendly environment. Everyone willing to help and guide.
Everything is on schedule.
No pressure on employments.
good accessibility to downtown.
Work Life Balance
Personal Trainer and Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2017
Being able to make your own hours and schedule is helpful but not much opportunity for advancement with in some of the departments. The people make the job worth while and the events that we put together are always a blast.
Pros
Adjustable Schedule
Cons
minimal advancement
A learning experience for myself and students
Teaching and Grading Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 June 2017
A typical day at work consisted of running seminars for around 20+ students, assisting them with course material as well as responding to specific questions they might have. I also conducted office hours in which students could partake in one-on-one time if they required additional assistance.
The hardest part of the job was being sure I could provide every student enough time to ensure that they fully understood the course material - this was attained by ascertaining if multiple students had the same questions, and addressing them in a clear manner for the whole group. I enjoyed the students' enthusiasm when they finally grasped a particularly complex concept which had previously given them difficulty
Great experience for students
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2017
A fantastic place to learn, work with peers, and help the next generation. The workload and "typical" day changes with who you are working for. The hardest part is that it's not really a full-time gig and it can be hard to schedule work around class schedules.
Pros
Good colleagues, location, and experience
Cons
Not a lot of hours
Productive, engaging, and fun
Graduate Assistant / Editor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 June 2017
A great place to work while getting your degree. Friendly faces, progressive environment, and excellent recognition. Staff and professors make the time to work with you and help you to reach your goals and improve output.
Only a GA
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 June 2017
Contract work with amazing pay. They give you a contract for so many hours but you can easily get it done in less time. Job I had only available to current full time students.
Pros
Cushy hours
Fun fast paced workplace
Student Identification Verification Personelle (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2017
The position I held was temporary and hence the job security was low and low chance of advancement. The job however was really fun, and the staff was excellent, helpful and enthusiastic. The hardest part of the job was dealing with students that do not adhere to policies and rude. Management was rarely around, but even if they were it was very laid back!
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
No advancement opportunities/Temporary position
A Great Place to Work
Academic Coordinator, Foundations of Management (Former Employee) –  Toront Ontario5 June 2017
Ryerson encourages innovation and encourages you take chances to improve the quality of education for the students. While standardization is encouraged to the extent of ensuring quality control, flexibility is always allowed.
Pros
Support at all levels
Cons
Good job. Good money. But nothing special.
Orientation Lead & Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2017
Great work place for students, since the work/life balance and salary is ideal for students. However, it is nothing overly special. Just a job really.
Secretary of the English Union
Secretary of the English Union (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2017
Working with the Ryerson Student Union the English Department further the goals of the student. This is a great place to be involved with if a student is attempting to get involved with the English field.
Pros
interactions with various people involved with the school
Cons
sporadic hours, a lot of work
Interesting place to work and get to know more people
IT Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2017
I really like working here.
Pros
Interesting place and people, good pay
AMazing
RU NOTED PROGRAM ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 May 2017
Loved working here everyday, great bosses. Things are done one time and everyone has compassion for each other. Work culture is amazing and you learn new skills each day.
Pros
Community, Good employer
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ryerson University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4