Ryerson University

Ryerson University Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good experience
TEACHER ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Toronto,ONDecember 23, 2014
Assisted in marking exams and exam supervisions.
I was able to assist students with their questions in small groups including HR and Marketing.
Brilliant place to work
Senior Research Assistant (Former Employee), Ted Rogers School of ManagementDecember 11, 2014
Pros: great work environment, and benefits
Cons: slow career advancement
A typical day varies immensely on what time of year it is and what department you work in. I learned that academia is a comfortable industry to pursue work and it becomes easier as you have experience to excel and find more opportunities. The management, again, varies widely but is overall great. Co-workers can be like co-workers at any job, they can – more... be cooperative and helpful or they can be awful. It depends on your personality and how you handle other people. The hardest part of the job is getting into the permanent roles and offer room for growth if you are a recent graduate. The most enjoyable part is nearly everything about the job. – less
N/A
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioDecember 10, 2014
All I can say is that they can do better. they have lost a lot of students for not providing quality educational service to graduate students.
Good working environment. Overall working experience is productive
Instructor (Part-Time) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 9, 2014
I have been working at Ryerson university for the last 5 years. A very good working environment, and right place to learn in a team environment.
fun workplace with kids of small age
Fa-st Leader (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 22, 2014
enjoyed working in teh company of kids and teaching them. it was a stress buster
PRODUCTIVE AND LEARNING ALOT
Environmental Engineering Science Student (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2014
Completed some courses in Environmental Law and Practice, Hydrogeology Soil and Ground Water Science, Site Assessment
Academic Projects are geared towards real world scenarios
Academic Projects (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 11, 2014
The teachers are great and the course if rewarding. I am finding that there is a lot of interest from employers in the programme. have yet to find that ideal opportunity. it is challenging to make a career change
Busy and exciting workplace - lots of interaction co workers
account manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 8, 2014
Pros: met many different people from all over the world
Cons: no exisitn security measures in place - robbery within took place -
mis managed
bureaucratic atmosphere of resentment - union involved
management not accountable to staff for security and
procedures
I loved meeting the different people that worked there - from all over the world
typical day is obtaining cash up to 1 million dollars per day and having a staff count it
I was responsible for correctly depositing it in – more... bank - dangerous area even in the day time - no security escort to bank. Yonge and Dundas area. I supervised the account payable clerk who was very unhappy with management before I came there. Previous acct. manager had been tied up in safe - no security measures put in place.
I had to investigate missing money which made me work overtime - no help from management - no changes in security. – less
Good
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 23, 2014
I highly recommand this place. working experience was great
Very people first focus agenda.
Human Resources Specialist/Planning Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: free tuition for family, amazing team of hr professionals to work and learn from.
Cons: far from home.
Ryerson is an amazing place to work with a great team of HR professionals to work with and learn from.
My Graduate journey at Ryerson University
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 17, 2014
Very challenging and exciting atmosphere
Great faculty members
Excellent Grad scholarships
Intriguing
Tri Mentoring (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 16, 2014
I learned how to listen to my mentee, understand her concerns and issues. I created alternate solutions for her problems, and provided a personalized plan to allow her to succeed.
Very considerate of student schedule
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), toronto, onSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, easy to learn, good manager
I enjoy working here. The management is excellent and I have no complaints at all.
Productive and collegial environment
Events Coordinator (Current Employee), 415 Yonge Street, Toronto, ONSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: advancement is difficult
A typical day within Ryerson University often provides content and creative duties to keep the job fun, and an exemplary work life balance.
At Ryerson I learned how to pitch to the media, organize corporate events and project management best practices.
My co-workers we're helpful, kind and very digitally savvy.
I wouldn't say there was a hardest part – more... of my position and overall I enjoyed the variety of work. – less
not good
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 22, 2014
Cons: no health care
Just did research there as temporary position
• Set-up and operated various scientific apparatus; set-up and operated spectrophotometer, fraction collectors, chromatography equipment, centrifuges, incubators, homogenizers, and various microscopes.
• Performed supervisory and training duties involving lower level employees; attended and participated – more... in meetings, conferences, and training groups.
• Compiled processes and analyzed data; recorded research procedures and results; filed and maintained records; coded data for input for electronic data processing; input and retrieved data using computers.
• Assisted with research projects; performed independent research; plans, designs and implemented research projects. – less
Loved it!
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 15, 2014
Great place to work and learn.
Did my MSc here and loved it. The professors, staff and graduate students were excellent to work with and very knowledgeable in their fields.
Best part Of the Organization: "Employee First"
Network Engineer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 29, 2014
Learned about cisco switches, MDS switches , Nexus Switches ,
Gained knowledge on different protocols ,
worked with supervisor who provided great support on virtual lab environment, where design an implementation of various network topologies were required.
Ryerson University
Event Planner (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 28, 2014
Pros: company culture
I worked at Ryerson University in the Government, Communications and Community Engagement Department, as well as within the Digital Media Zone. My duties we’re comprised of: daily media monitoring, writing news briefing for Ryerson Today, social media account management, research, writing media advisories, media lists, as well as providing first drafts – more... for business communication plans. – less
we sometimes had a fun in university.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 15, 2014
A typical day At Work: 9am-5pm
I learned about Building Enclosure.
Hardest Part: Understanding the concept
Network Analyst
Network Analyst (Former Employee), TorontoJuly 10, 2014
Pros: free lunches, flexible work schedule
Cons: no job security
learnt Networking technologies
Had flexible work schedule
work from home was also an option

1 2 3 4

About Ryerson University

Ryerson University is a public research university located in downtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Its urban campus surrounds the – Read more