Ryerson University Employee Reviews

analyse environnementale
Chercheur (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 June 2017
Acquisition de comp├ętences dans l analyse de cycle de vie
Friendly
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2017
Very friendly environment. Everyone willing to help and guide.
Everything is on schedule.
No pressure on employments.
good accessibility to downtown.
Work Life Balance
Personal Trainer and Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2017
Being able to make your own hours and schedule is helpful but not much opportunity for advancement with in some of the departments. The people make the job worth while and the events that we put together are always a blast.
Pros
Adjustable Schedule
Cons
minimal advancement
A learning experience for myself and students
Teaching and Grading Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 June 2017
A typical day at work consisted of running seminars for around 20+ students, assisting them with course material as well as responding to specific questions they might have. I also conducted office hours in which students could partake in one-on-one time if they required additional assistance.
The hardest part of the job was being sure I could provide every student enough time to ensure that they fully understood the course material - this was attained by ascertaining if multiple students had the same questions, and addressing them in a clear manner for the whole group. I enjoyed the students' enthusiasm when they finally grasped a particularly complex concept which had previously given them difficulty
Great experience for students
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2017
A fantastic place to learn, work with peers, and help the next generation. The workload and "typical" day changes with who you are working for. The hardest part is that it's not really a full-time gig and it can be hard to schedule work around class schedules.
Pros
Good colleagues, location, and experience
Cons
Not a lot of hours
Productive, engaging, and fun
Graduate Assistant / Editor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 June 2017
A great place to work while getting your degree. Friendly faces, progressive environment, and excellent recognition. Staff and professors make the time to work with you and help you to reach your goals and improve output.
Only a GA
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 June 2017
Contract work with amazing pay. They give you a contract for so many hours but you can easily get it done in less time. Job I had only available to current full time students.
Pros
Cushy hours
Fun fast paced workplace
Student Identification Verification Personelle (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2017
The position I held was temporary and hence the job security was low and low chance of advancement. The job however was really fun, and the staff was excellent, helpful and enthusiastic. The hardest part of the job was dealing with students that do not adhere to policies and rude. Management was rarely around, but even if they were it was very laid back!
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
No advancement opportunities/Temporary position
A Great Place to Work
Academic Coordinator, Foundations of Management (Former Employee) –  Toront Ontario5 June 2017
Ryerson encourages innovation and encourages you take chances to improve the quality of education for the students. While standardization is encouraged to the extent of ensuring quality control, flexibility is always allowed.
Pros
Support at all levels
Cons
Good job. Good money. But nothing special.
Orientation Lead & Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2017
Great work place for students, since the work/life balance and salary is ideal for students. However, it is nothing overly special. Just a job really.
Secretary of the English Union
Secretary of the English Union (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2017
Working with the Ryerson Student Union the English Department further the goals of the student. This is a great place to be involved with if a student is attempting to get involved with the English field.
Pros
interactions with various people involved with the school
Cons
sporadic hours, a lot of work
Interesting place to work and get to know more people
IT Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2017
A typical days of work is really interesting, since we get to meet lots of different people every time and have to face new problems all the time. In some cases, we are given instructions, on how to do. But in many cases, we have to improvise and solve the issue.
I really like working here.
Pros
Interesting place and people, good pay
AMazing
RU NOTED PROGRAM ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 May 2017
Loved working here everyday, great bosses. Things are done one time and everyone has compassion for each other. Work culture is amazing and you learn new skills each day.
Pros
Community, Good employer
A great place to work.
Articulate Presenter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 May 2017
I started teaching at Ryerson University, pretty much by accident in 1995. I've taught HTML, HTML5, Adobe Creative Suite, JavaScript and Structured Programming and Logic (nerd). Sadly, the Chang School closed that program in 2015 - but I've learned many things from my students, and vice-versa.
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2017
I enjoyyed my time at this position. People are helpful and friendly.
Friendly management. Make your own schedule. opportunity of overtime if you want
Working at Ryerson
Frontline customer service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2017
Working at Ryerson is great. Working with other employees is a blast, everyday you are surrounded by ambitious individuals all chasing dreams. My time working at Ryerson felt more like being a part of a family. The managers are great, they are willing to help you out of any jam and are always there to converse with when you need them. The work space is great, the community of people that you run into make you feel respected and appreciated, work felt more like fun rather than an obligation. The hardest part of the job is managing your time, but after a good amount of experience I became pretty good at it. Over the course of my time there I learned so many skills that I will take to my next job with me. I learned how to manage my time, how to be a leader, how to work with others, how to problem solve and even how to deal with problematic situations and people. The most enjoyable part of my day is interacting with the clientele .
Pros
Flexibility, free food at times, ability to learn different positions and take on many roles.
Cons
long hours.
Excellent workplace environment
Toronto Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 March 2017
Teaching Assistant job typically involved marking midterms and projects for approximately 110 students.

Hardest part of the job was trying to figure out what the student was trying to answer when they didn't follow the given structure.
Pros
Very easy job if you understand introductory finance
Cons
not enough hours
Flexible
Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2017
Flexible, informative and fun! As a transcriptionist, I had the privilege to complete my duties anywhere I desired. I learned about the issues Aboriginal women face in Canada.
Goal Driven, Efficiency, Fun Environment, Culture Diversity, Responsibilities
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 March 2017
A typical day at work would be serving food and beverage to clients, make sure everyone is having a great time and satisfied their needs.

I learned the you must be proactive, take responsibility for own actions, manage time well and more can be done faster and better in teams.

Management were pretty lenient, gave us our personal space to grow and learn by ourselves. But always there to make sure the job were done and tasks completed.

Great workplace culture, we were all friends, brothers and sisters mind-set at work. helped each other, care for each other .

During Pan Am Olympics, the volume of customers to be satisfied on a daily basis were insane. We manage to do it with planning, coordination, teamwork, critical thinking, managing and organization.

We always had a year-end party and those are the good time. Where everyone are having fun and a good time.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
Growth Opportunity
Not a real paying job
Roster Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 March 2017
This job was relatively straight forward. It wasn't even a real job, I simply helped other students manage rosters of existing intramural teams to try and keep skills even

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ryerson University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4