Ryerson University Employee Reviews

A kind work environment with caring people
Physics Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 February 2017
Working at Ryerson the past few years have been a blessing. The community is great, the location is also great. You can be involved in a lot in Toronto and there is always something to do. The only thing you'll need to overcome is commuter costs which can be hefty, but it is at no fault of Ryerson
Pros
Excellent community, great work area, plenty of events
Cons
Commuting, dense population and traffic.
Office Assistant
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  284 Victoria St31 January 2017
Filing paper work, entering data, and making phone calls in an office environment. Definitely gained confidence throughout the job, colleagues were very nice as well as the pay. The only hard part about the job was the repetitiveness (filling out 'pinkies', and entering data).
Pros
Friendly colleagues, pay
Cons
Repetitiveness
Fantastic University to work for
Head Goalkeeper Coach (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 November 2016
I currently work as the Head Goalkeeper Coach for the Men's and Women's soccer programs and I have been in this position for 3 years. I can honestly say that I have enjoyed every single day working for Ryerson.

I interact with not only the soccer coaches but also coaches from other University sports and I have never seen a coach that is unhappy. The facilities at the University are fantastic and the people at the top really do give you all the tools you need to do your job to the highest standard. They continually provide and assist with ongoing personal and professional development and really try to help you succeed.

I love this job.
Wonderful place to work
Assistant to the Officer of the Board of Governors (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2017
The daily focus was preparing documentation for Board and Committee meetings.
I learned to communicate with CEOs of large corporation.
I enjoyed.
Dealing with professors, staff, and students was most enjoyable.
Pros
Refreshments at the meetings
Cons
Overtime
Supportive environment with lots of personal development
Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 January 2017
Lots of collaborative work throughout the University. Supportive management and colleagues where job advancement is encouraged. Open environment for all types of workers and friendly to all cultures, race, sexuality and gender. Great benefits.
Goal Driven, Efficiency, Fun Environment, Culture Diversity, Responsibilities
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 March 2017
A typical day at work would be serving food and beverage to clients, make sure everyone is having a great time and satisfied their needs.

I learned the you must be proactive, take responsibility for own actions, manage time well and more can be done faster and better in teams.

Management were pretty lenient, gave us our personal space to grow and learn by ourselves. But always there to make sure the job were done and tasks completed.

Great workplace culture, we were all friends, brothers and sisters mind-set at work. helped each other, care for each other .

During Pan Am Olympics, the volume of customers to be satisfied on a daily basis were insane. We manage to do it with planning, coordination, teamwork, critical thinking, managing and organization.

We always had a year-end party and those are the good time. Where everyone are having fun and a good time.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
Growth Opportunity
Productive and fun place
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 February 2017
I am currently working as teaching assistant at Ryerson university and I would like to say it was one of the best university of the Canada. The location is perfect in heart of downtown Toronto and environment of the university is very calm and friendly.
Great place to be student and staff.
Supported Learning Group Leader (Chemistry Tutor) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2017
So far, my experience as both a campus tour guide and chemistry group session leader has been great at Ryerson. Supervisors have always been kind and knowledgeable. Being a student at Ryerson is even better!
Productive and quite environment
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2016
• Covered two undergraduate level courses, Introductory Microeconomics and Introductory Macroeconomics.
• Scheduled and maintained regular office hours to meet with students.
• Led discussion, tutorials, and laboratory sections. (most enjoyable)
• Evaluated and graded examinations, assignments, papers, and recorded grades.
• Invigilated Mid-term and Final examinations, it was the hardest part.
The loft is a great place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2017
During my employment with the loft, I gained valuable retail, customer service and sales experience.

I would highly recommend students and new graduates and home makers work for the loft.
Pros
EXCELLENT WORK CULTURE
Cons
NONE
great
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 October 2016
I love this university. best for growing up. Ryerson is Canada's leader in innovative, career-focused education and a university clearly on the move. It is a distinctly urban university with a focus on innovation and entrepreneurship. Ryerson has a mission to serve societal need and a long-standing commitment to engaging its community.
Proactive and good environment to work.
LAB ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2016
A good environment to work with. And made me a resourceful person.
Learned to implemented projects using Cisco switches and routers
Worked on Cisco GSR 12000, 7200, 7500, 3600, 3700, 2600 series and Cisco 2900,3550, 3750, 6500 series
Designed and implemented RIPv2, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF/OSPFv3, HSRP, BGP, SSH, SMTP, DHCP, FTP, MPLS, HTTP/HTTPS, HSRP, PVST, Ethernet channels, L2/L3 VPN’s Worked on Cisco UCS, Nexus switches and Cisco MDS9000, VSANs, Zoning, FCIP.
We worked in group to perform the assigned task, showing a good team spirit.
It was refreshing to learn new things everyday and to meet new people.
It was hard to manage few tasks on time but we overcame by managing our time effectively and by dedicating ourself to work.
dynamic working area
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ryerson, ON15 December 2016
I enjoyed working as teaching Assistant at Ryerson university. As a first-time teacher assistant, I learned how to deal with different type and background of students. Also, I had opportunity to enhance my knowledge in HVAC system field
Serious but Fun Work Environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2017
It was a great place to work. Well paid, flexible hours, thought provoking and interesting work, and it was relaxed yet serious work environment. It was a perfect job while also being in school full-time.
Productive and fun workplace
Telemarketer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2017
. Rewards hard work and talent
. Provides valuable communication skills
. Co-workers have a friendly upbeat attitude
. Have the opportunity to speak to interesting people that have gone to Ryerson in past years
Assisting profs in teaching class
Graduate/Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2017
Job is fun, students have interesting questions.
teaching 1 hour labs and helping them understand course concepts.
can usually only hold one position at a time during grad school
IT consultant for capstone project
IT Solutions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 August 2016
A typical day would be organizing meetings with my team members to discuss project deliverables, set deadlines, and how to proceed to the next stage in the process. We also had to meet with different stakeholders to see what requirements they need for the system to be built for them. The hardest part of the job is to think of a new system to replace the old system and how advantageous it is compared to the old system. Most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know a lot of people and converse in interesting discussions.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Long hours and it is volunteer work
Graduate Assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 December 2016
Good co-workers, good supervisors, good hourly salary, limited hours, involves holding office hours and marking tests and assignments, solidifies the previously learned academic material.
Flexible
Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2017
Flexible, informative and fun! As a transcriptionist, I had the privilege to complete my duties anywhere I desired. I learned about the issues Aboriginal women face in Canada.
Not a real paying job
Roster Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 March 2017
This job was relatively straight forward. It wasn't even a real job, I simply helped other students manage rosters of existing intramural teams to try and keep skills even

4.4