Ryerson University Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 February 2017
I am currently working as teaching assistant at Ryerson university and I would like to say it was one of the best university of the Canada. The location is perfect in heart of downtown Toronto and environment of the university is very calm and friendly.
A kind work environment with caring people
Physics Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 February 2017
Working at Ryerson the past few years have been a blessing. The community is great, the location is also great. You can be involved in a lot in Toronto and there is always something to do. The only thing you'll need to overcome is commuter costs which can be hefty, but it is at no fault of Ryerson
Pros
Excellent community, great work area, plenty of events
Cons
Commuting, dense population and traffic.
Instructor
Contract Professor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 February 2017
This is a waste of my time. Not sure why you are making this a mandatory field. Very frustrating that you are forcing to make a review that I have no interest in making.
Serious but Fun Work Environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2017
It was a great place to work. Well paid, flexible hours, thought provoking and interesting work, and it was relaxed yet serious work environment. It was a perfect job while also being in school full-time.
The loft is a great place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2017
During my employment with the loft, I gained valuable retail, customer service and sales experience.

I would highly recommend students and new graduates and home makers work for the loft.
Pros
EXCELLENT WORK CULTURE
Cons
NONE
Office Assistant
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  284 Victoria St31 January 2017
Filing paper work, entering data, and making phone calls in an office environment. Definitely gained confidence throughout the job, colleagues were very nice as well as the pay. The only hard part about the job was the repetitiveness (filling out 'pinkies', and entering data).
Pros
Friendly colleagues, pay
Cons
Repetitiveness
Assisting profs in teaching class
Graduate/Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2017
Job is fun, students have interesting questions.
teaching 1 hour labs and helping them understand course concepts.
can usually only hold one position at a time during grad school
Productive place to work, always room for growth and to move up in the company, great lead hands, will hire within the company for a new position
Barista (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2017
As a barista, my typical day would include opening the cafe and getting everything organized for the morning, such as make coffee, have milk and cream ready, put chairs down, organize to-go sandwiches and pastries and throughout the day making sure everything is run smoothly but also maintaining a fast pace with excellent customer service. I've learned to understand and adapt to people's different personality either it be co-worker or a customer and realize to deal with each person and situation differently and to be able to read a situation without making any assumptions. Also to push myself when i may feel overwhelmed and learn how to reorganize myself and make sure i can still deliver great customer service while still working at a high volume pace. Management was good they use to work with staff and listen to the needs of their employers and customers. The co-workers as a whole work in a very tight unit basically like a family and even if there is co-workers that are difficult to work with you still find the best the solution to continue working without fault.The hardest part is when we are understaffed because someone is sick and it's a very busy day. The biggest reward is even though it may get very busy and you can be working six hours straight with no break the team work that we put in with very minimal communication and just knowing help makes it worth it and it doesn't just feel like just another job.
Pros
co-workers helping each other out as much as possible.
Cons
dealing with very difficult customers.
Great place to be student and staff.
Supported Learning Group Leader (Chemistry Tutor) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2017
So far, my experience as both a campus tour guide and chemistry group session leader has been great at Ryerson. Supervisors have always been kind and knowledgeable. Being a student at Ryerson is even better!
Productive and fun workplace
Telemarketer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2017
. Rewards hard work and talent
. Provides valuable communication skills
. Co-workers have a friendly upbeat attitude
. Have the opportunity to speak to interesting people that have gone to Ryerson in past years
Supportive environment with lots of personal development
Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 January 2017
Lots of collaborative work throughout the University. Supportive management and colleagues where job advancement is encouraged. Open environment for all types of workers and friendly to all cultures, race, sexuality and gender. Great benefits.
Fun
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 December 2016
Great place , it gives student their first opportunity.
it has a great management and great staff.
Great part of this experience was i worked with students like me who were looking for new experience
dynamic working area
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ryerson, ON15 December 2016
I enjoyed working as teaching Assistant at Ryerson university. As a first-time teacher assistant, I learned how to deal with different type and background of students. Also, I had opportunity to enhance my knowledge in HVAC system field
Graduate Assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 December 2016
Good co-workers, good supervisors, good hourly salary, limited hours, involves holding office hours and marking tests and assignments, solidifies the previously learned academic material.
Great University
Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2016
Fun culture, interesting people. Underfunded and overcrowded but great school. Centrally located, easy to commute to, fairly inexpensive lunches. Great admin staff
n/a
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2016
great place to work, really nice. Had fun and met lots of people, enjoyed all aspects of the job, worked with students and helped manage then plus staff, serviced food tho them.
Industry linked
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2016
Ryerson university is a great institution to work with. It has connections with major aerospace manufacturing companies in Canada and it is classed
Fantastic University to work for
Head Goalkeeper Coach (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 November 2016
I currently work as the Head Goalkeeper Coach for the Men's and Women's soccer programs and I have been in this position for 3 years. I can honestly say that I have enjoyed every single day working for Ryerson.

I interact with not only the soccer coaches but also coaches from other University sports and I have never seen a coach that is unhappy. The facilities at the University are fantastic and the people at the top really do give you all the tools you need to do your job to the highest standard. They continually provide and assist with ongoing personal and professional development and really try to help you succeed.

I love this job.
Productive Flexible and friendly
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2016
I have worked with the ungraduated students in a working day at a stretch for 3 to 4 hours. It was a fantastic experience as you can always interact with real people with real problems.
Productive and helpful
Research and Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2016
It was great working as a GA and TA at Ryerson University.
I really enjoyed working there. There were nice professors and supervisors and staff. The projects were challenging and beneficial.

4.4