Ryerson University

Ryerson University Employee Reviews

Productive place to work, always room for growth and to move up in the company, great lead hands, will hire within the company for a new position
Barista (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2017
As a barista, my typical day would include opening the cafe and getting everything organized for the morning, such as make coffee, have milk and cream ready, put chairs down, organize to-go sandwiches and pastries and throughout the day making sure everything is run smoothly but also maintaining a fast pace with excellent customer service. I've learned to understand and adapt to people's different personality either it be co-worker or a customer and realize to deal with each person and situation differently and to be able to read a situation without making any assumptions. Also to push myself when i may feel overwhelmed and learn how to reorganize myself and make sure i can still deliver great customer service while still working at a high volume pace. Management was good they use to work with staff and listen to the needs of their employers and customers. The co-workers as a whole work in a very tight unit basically like a family and even if there is co-workers that are difficult to work with you still find the best the solution to continue working without fault.The hardest part is when we are understaffed because someone is sick and it's a very busy day. The biggest reward is even though it may get very busy and you can be working six hours straight with no break the team work that we put in with very minimal communication and just knowing help makes it worth it and it doesn't just feel like just another job.
Pros
co-workers helping each other out as much as possible.
Cons
dealing with very difficult customers.
Great place to be student and staff.
Supported Learning Group Leader (Chemistry Tutor) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2017
So far, my experience as both a campus tour guide and chemistry group session leader has been great at Ryerson. Supervisors have always been kind and knowledgeable. Being a student at Ryerson is even better!
Productive and fun workplace
Telemarketer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2017
. Rewards hard work and talent
. Provides valuable communication skills
. Co-workers have a friendly upbeat attitude
. Have the opportunity to speak to interesting people that have gone to Ryerson in past years
Supportive environment with lots of personal development
Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 January 2017
Lots of collaborative work throughout the University. Supportive management and colleagues where job advancement is encouraged. Open environment for all types of workers and friendly to all cultures, race, sexuality and gender. Great benefits.
Fun
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 December 2016
Great place , it gives student their first opportunity.
it has a great management and great staff.
Great part of this experience was i worked with students like me who were looking for new experience
dynamic working area
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ryerson, ON15 December 2016
I enjoyed working as teaching Assistant at Ryerson university. As a first-time teacher assistant, I learned how to deal with different type and background of students. Also, I had opportunity to enhance my knowledge in HVAC system field
Graduate Assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 December 2016
Good co-workers, good supervisors, good hourly salary, limited hours, involves holding office hours and marking tests and assignments, solidifies the previously learned academic material.
Great University
Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2016
Fun culture, interesting people. Underfunded and overcrowded but great school. Centrally located, easy to commute to, fairly inexpensive lunches. Great admin staff
n/a
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2016
great place to work, really nice. Had fun and met lots of people, enjoyed all aspects of the job, worked with students and helped manage then plus staff, serviced food tho them.
Industry linked
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2016
Ryerson university is a great institution to work with. It has connections with major aerospace manufacturing companies in Canada and it is classed
Fantastic University to work for
Head Goalkeeper Coach (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 November 2016
I currently work as the Head Goalkeeper Coach for the Men's and Women's soccer programs and I have been in this position for 3 years. I can honestly say that I have enjoyed every single day working for Ryerson.

I interact with not only the soccer coaches but also coaches from other University sports and I have never seen a coach that is unhappy. The facilities at the University are fantastic and the people at the top really do give you all the tools you need to do your job to the highest standard. They continually provide and assist with ongoing personal and professional development and really try to help you succeed.

I love this job.
Productive Flexible and friendly
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2016
I have worked with the ungraduated students in a working day at a stretch for 3 to 4 hours. It was a fantastic experience as you can always interact with real people with real problems.
Productive and helpful
Research and Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2016
It was great working as a GA and TA at Ryerson University.
I really enjoyed working there. There were nice professors and supervisors and staff. The projects were challenging and beneficial.
productive and well organized enviornment
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2016
- work was well defined
- preparing ahead of classes was the main responsibility
- easy to manage the classes
- invigilation was tiring
- tutorials and labs were delivered
Pros
easy manage the classes
Cons
invigilation was tiring
great
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 October 2016
I love this university. best for growing up. Ryerson is Canada's leader in innovative, career-focused education and a university clearly on the move. It is a distinctly urban university with a focus on innovation and entrepreneurship. Ryerson has a mission to serve societal need and a long-standing commitment to engaging its community.
Productive and quite environment
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2016
• Covered two undergraduate level courses, Introductory Microeconomics and Introductory Macroeconomics.
• Scheduled and maintained regular office hours to meet with students.
• Led discussion, tutorials, and laboratory sections. (most enjoyable)
• Evaluated and graded examinations, assignments, papers, and recorded grades.
• Invigilated Mid-term and Final examinations, it was the hardest part.
Proactive and good environment to work.
LAB ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2016
A good environment to work with. And made me a resourceful person.
Learned to implemented projects using Cisco switches and routers
Worked on Cisco GSR 12000, 7200, 7500, 3600, 3700, 2600 series and Cisco 2900,3550, 3750, 6500 series
Designed and implemented RIPv2, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF/OSPFv3, HSRP, BGP, SSH, SMTP, DHCP, FTP, MPLS, HTTP/HTTPS, HSRP, PVST, Ethernet channels, L2/L3 VPN’s Worked on Cisco UCS, Nexus switches and Cisco MDS9000, VSANs, Zoning, FCIP.
We worked in group to perform the assigned task, showing a good team spirit.
It was refreshing to learn new things everyday and to meet new people.
It was hard to manage few tasks on time but we overcame by managing our time effectively and by dedicating ourself to work.
Challenging and Enjoyable
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2016
I learned many things about civil engineering and the uses for the different lab tests for environmental, structural, and transportation. A typical work day would consist of helping graduate and doctoral students on their research.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Facilities Help Desk Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2016
Great people, great pay, great benefits. caring people all around and lots of room for advancement into higher positions
IT consultant for capstone project
IT Solutions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 August 2016
A typical day would be organizing meetings with my team members to discuss project deliverables, set deadlines, and how to proceed to the next stage in the process. We also had to meet with different stakeholders to see what requirements they need for the system to be built for them. The hardest part of the job is to think of a new system to replace the old system and how advantageous it is compared to the old system. Most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know a lot of people and converse in interesting discussions.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Long hours and it is volunteer work

4.4