Ryerson University Employee Reviews

Goal Driven, Efficiency, Fun Environment, Culture Diversity, Responsibilities
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 March 2017
A typical day at work would be serving food and beverage to clients, make sure everyone is having a great time and satisfied their needs.

I learned the you must be proactive, take responsibility for own actions, manage time well and more can be done faster and better in teams.

Management were pretty lenient, gave us our personal space to grow and learn by ourselves. But always there to make sure the job were done and tasks completed.

Great workplace culture, we were all friends, brothers and sisters mind-set at work. helped each other, care for each other .

During Pan Am Olympics, the volume of customers to be satisfied on a daily basis were insane. We manage to do it with planning, coordination, teamwork, critical thinking, managing and organization.

We always had a year-end party and those are the good time. Where everyone are having fun and a good time.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
Growth Opportunity
Supportive environment with lots of personal development
Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 January 2017
Lots of collaborative work throughout the University. Supportive management and colleagues where job advancement is encouraged. Open environment for all types of workers and friendly to all cultures, race, sexuality and gender. Great benefits.
The loft is a great place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2017
During my employment with the loft, I gained valuable retail, customer service and sales experience.

I would highly recommend students and new graduates and home makers work for the loft.
Pros
EXCELLENT WORK CULTURE
Cons
NONE
IT consultant for capstone project
IT Solutions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 August 2016
A typical day would be organizing meetings with my team members to discuss project deliverables, set deadlines, and how to proceed to the next stage in the process. We also had to meet with different stakeholders to see what requirements they need for the system to be built for them. The hardest part of the job is to think of a new system to replace the old system and how advantageous it is compared to the old system. Most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know a lot of people and converse in interesting discussions.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Long hours and it is volunteer work
Facilities Help Desk Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2016
Great people, great pay, great benefits. caring people all around and lots of room for advancement into higher positions
Fun
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 December 2016
Great place , it gives student their first opportunity.
it has a great management and great staff.
Great part of this experience was i worked with students like me who were looking for new experience
Flexible
Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2017
Flexible, informative and fun! As a transcriptionist, I had the privilege to complete my duties anywhere I desired. I learned about the issues Aboriginal women face in Canada.
Graduate Assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 December 2016
Good co-workers, good supervisors, good hourly salary, limited hours, involves holding office hours and marking tests and assignments, solidifies the previously learned academic material.
great
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 October 2016
I love this university. best for growing up. Ryerson is Canada's leader in innovative, career-focused education and a university clearly on the move. It is a distinctly urban university with a focus on innovation and entrepreneurship. Ryerson has a mission to serve societal need and a long-standing commitment to engaging its community.
Fantastic University to work for
Head Goalkeeper Coach (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 November 2016
I currently work as the Head Goalkeeper Coach for the Men's and Women's soccer programs and I have been in this position for 3 years. I can honestly say that I have enjoyed every single day working for Ryerson.

I interact with not only the soccer coaches but also coaches from other University sports and I have never seen a coach that is unhappy. The facilities at the University are fantastic and the people at the top really do give you all the tools you need to do your job to the highest standard. They continually provide and assist with ongoing personal and professional development and really try to help you succeed.

I love this job.

Want to know more about Ryerson University?

Ask a question
Great University
Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2016
Fun culture, interesting people. Underfunded and overcrowded but great school. Centrally located, easy to commute to, fairly inexpensive lunches. Great admin staff
Productive place to work, always room for growth and to move up in the company, great lead hands, will hire within the company for a new position
Barista (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2017
As a barista, my typical day would include opening the cafe and getting everything organized for the morning, such as make coffee, have milk and cream ready, put chairs down, organize to-go sandwiches and pastries and throughout the day making sure everything is run smoothly but also maintaining a fast pace with excellent customer service. I've learned to understand and adapt to people's different personality either it be co-worker or a customer and realize to deal with each person and situation differently and to be able to read a situation without making any assumptions. Also to push myself when i may feel overwhelmed and learn how to reorganize myself and make sure i can still deliver great customer service while still working at a high volume pace. Management was good they use to work with staff and listen to the needs of their employers and customers. The co-workers as a whole work in a very tight unit basically like a family and even if there is co-workers that are difficult to work with you still find the best the solution to continue working without fault.The hardest part is when we are understaffed because someone is sick and it's a very busy day. The biggest reward is even though it may get very busy and you can be working six hours straight with no break the team work that we put in with very minimal communication and just knowing help makes it worth it and it doesn't just feel like just another job.
Pros
co-workers helping each other out as much as possible.
Cons
dealing with very difficult customers.
A kind work environment with caring people
Physics Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 February 2017
Working at Ryerson the past few years have been a blessing. The community is great, the location is also great. You can be involved in a lot in Toronto and there is always something to do. The only thing you'll need to overcome is commuter costs which can be hefty, but it is at no fault of Ryerson
Pros
Excellent community, great work area, plenty of events
Cons
Commuting, dense population and traffic.
Proactive and good environment to work.
LAB ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2016
A good environment to work with. And made me a resourceful person.
Learned to implemented projects using Cisco switches and routers
Worked on Cisco GSR 12000, 7200, 7500, 3600, 3700, 2600 series and Cisco 2900,3550, 3750, 6500 series
Designed and implemented RIPv2, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF/OSPFv3, HSRP, BGP, SSH, SMTP, DHCP, FTP, MPLS, HTTP/HTTPS, HSRP, PVST, Ethernet channels, L2/L3 VPN’s Worked on Cisco UCS, Nexus switches and Cisco MDS9000, VSANs, Zoning, FCIP.
We worked in group to perform the assigned task, showing a good team spirit.
It was refreshing to learn new things everyday and to meet new people.
It was hard to manage few tasks on time but we overcame by managing our time effectively and by dedicating ourself to work.
Office Assistant
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  284 Victoria St31 January 2017
Filing paper work, entering data, and making phone calls in an office environment. Definitely gained confidence throughout the job, colleagues were very nice as well as the pay. The only hard part about the job was the repetitiveness (filling out 'pinkies', and entering data).
Pros
Friendly colleagues, pay
Cons
Repetitiveness
Strict with the examination process
Exam Invigilator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2016
Ryerson University is a very good Company to work with. The job culture is very inclusive and dynamic. The student population is also a dynamic as well.
Wonderful place to work
Assistant to the Officer of the Board of Governors (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2017
The daily focus was preparing documentation for Board and Committee meetings.
I learned to communicate with CEOs of large corporation.
I enjoyed.
Dealing with professors, staff, and students was most enjoyable.
Pros
Refreshments at the meetings
Cons
Overtime
Productive and fun place
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 February 2017
I am currently working as teaching assistant at Ryerson university and I would like to say it was one of the best university of the Canada. The location is perfect in heart of downtown Toronto and environment of the university is very calm and friendly.
Great place to be student and staff.
Supported Learning Group Leader (Chemistry Tutor) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2017
So far, my experience as both a campus tour guide and chemistry group session leader has been great at Ryerson. Supervisors have always been kind and knowledgeable. Being a student at Ryerson is even better!
Serious but Fun Work Environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2017
It was a great place to work. Well paid, flexible hours, thought provoking and interesting work, and it was relaxed yet serious work environment. It was a perfect job while also being in school full-time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ryerson University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4