Ryerson University

Ryerson University Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
not good
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 22, 2014
Cons: no health care
Just did research there as temporary position
• Set-up and operated various scientific apparatus; set-up and operated spectrophotometer, fraction collectors, chromatography equipment, centrifuges, incubators, homogenizers, and various microscopes.
• Performed supervisory and training duties involving lower level employees; attended and participated – more... in meetings, conferences, and training groups.
• Compiled processes and analyzed data; recorded research procedures and results; filed and maintained records; coded data for input for electronic data processing; input and retrieved data using computers.
• Assisted with research projects; performed independent research; plans, designs and implemented research projects. – less
Loved it!
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 15, 2014
Great place to work and learn.
Did my MSc here and loved it. The professors, staff and graduate students were excellent to work with and very knowledgeable in their fields.
Best part Of the Organization: "Employee First"
Network Engineer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 29, 2014
Learned about cisco switches, MDS switches , Nexus Switches ,
Gained knowledge on different protocols ,
worked with supervisor who provided great support on virtual lab environment, where design an implementation of various network topologies were required.
Ryerson University
Event Planner (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 28, 2014
Pros: company culture
I worked at Ryerson University in the Government, Communications and Community Engagement Department, as well as within the Digital Media Zone. My duties we’re comprised of: daily media monitoring, writing news briefing for Ryerson Today, social media account management, research, writing media advisories, media lists, as well as providing first drafts – more... for business communication plans. – less
we sometimes had a fun in university.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 15, 2014
A typical day At Work: 9am-5pm
I learned about Building Enclosure.
Hardest Part: Understanding the concept
Network Analyst
Network Analyst (Former Employee), TorontoJuly 10, 2014
Pros: free lunches, flexible work schedule
Cons: no job security
learnt Networking technologies
Had flexible work schedule
work from home was also an option
Useful experience.
Electric Circuits Tutor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 1, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule.
Cons: indeterminate time and place.
It is a volunteering position. I, as a student who did great in the course, taught other students in need the knowledge of the course after school one-to-one.
In order to provide more accurate and useful information, I reviewed the textbooks and in class slides and prepared some problems every time before I met the students. While tutoring, I tended – more... to not only explain the solutions to them but also ask them similar questions afterwards to see whether they comprehended completely. The time and place of tutoring were discussed by both of my student and I.
The hardest part of the job was to find the best, clearest way to explain the problems because the students were not quite familiar with the topics of the course. However, it is also the most enjoyable part of the job. The process of thinking and expressing gave me a lot of challenge and fun. And it was even more pleasing when the grades of the students got better. – less
Friendly environment
Student Records Assistant (Former Employee), TorontoJune 30, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: work may become tedious
Scanning
Data Entry
Sorting and Organizing student appeals
Transcript preparation
Excellent work environment
Library Data Project Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 11, 2014
The people that I worked with at Ryerson were extremely reliable, friendly, and passionate. I have learned valuable skills from them, both technical and transferable skills. I worked part-time on a work-study contract for Ryerson, and due to the nature of my work, I get to assigned my own work hours, as long as I get the job done with according to the – more... agenda. The most enjoyable part of the job would be when I have finished a complicated task, knowing that I have overcome the challenges – less
Fun and got to work a variety of sports games.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short hours, no advancement opportunities
Enjoyed the position but hours were too far and few in between for me to make a decent income.
Innovative, productive and an opportunity to develop yourself
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 23, 2014
Teaching first year engineers the basics of MatLab and engineering ethics and also guiding them in completing their first engineering project,
Hardest part of the job was to convince the students the need to understand MatLab and ethics.
Many student group issues had to be handled carefully.
Supporting, Productive place to work
Exam Invigilator and Scribe (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 12, 2014
Excellent place to work and develop student support skills.
Very supportive environment with staff that are eager to assist in the learning process
Fast-paced, detail-oriented line of work
Nice workplace
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 20, 2014
I enjoyed teaching or guiding students for their labs and the relationship between students and me was good. Managements are doing a very admirable job.
fun place to be
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 14, 2014
it was a welcoming environment, but i don't think that office jobs are necessarily my thing.
Undergraduate studies
Engineering Design Project Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 10, 2014
Great place to study and become and Engineer

Great students and teachers.
Excellent Workplace Environment
Student Manager and Accounts Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 8, 2014
The Job taught me various of new skills, it was friendly environment to work in.
productive and demanding
Conference/Project Assistant (Former Employee), 350 victoria streetMarch 15, 2014
I enjoyed working at Ryerson University because I am always up for a challenge and enjoy working in an environment that can keep me busy
Friendly staff and high job security, but political environment.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: a lot of indusrty functions and guest speakers, a lot of free food
Cons: very political structure
Unionized Job, a lot of pleasant work colleagues, fair assessment, great benefits, high paced environment, but projects require to go through multiple approval levels which further complicates and prolongs the process.
Enjoyable and positive work environment
Customer Service Representative & Photographer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 2, 2014
A normal day at work would start off with performing a test of all the computers and printers to make sure that there are no errors. After that, it's a simple matter of having students fill out a form with their information, handing it to me to enter into the computer system, taking their photo for their student ID cards and allowing it to print on – more... site.

I've learned a lot about how to handle and manage situations that arise between the customer and employee, both negative and positive issues. In addition, I've learned how to maximize my time by performing other tasks when I'm currently not occupied with a customer or student.

My co-workers made all the difference at this job and made work not seem like work at all. All my co-workers were fun, exciting and positive.

The hardest part of my job was when my workstation developed problems and caused delays in my productivity. As a result, I couldn't process as many student as I normally could.

The most enjoyable part of my job was to be able to assist and do my job effectively and efficiently. – less
Productive and fun work place with interesting people
Student (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 24, 2014
Part of cheese compony employer, where daily work include making and preserving cheese. Where i have met different group of people from different ethic back ground. They made me realize thing i am unaware about.

1 2 3