Ryder Employee Reviews in Canada

Poor management
Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  LondonJune 17, 2016
Overall the London hub is poorly managed. The company takes and gives little in return. The claim a great work life balance but only if that suits their needs.
Pros
Cons
long hours, no respect from management
Great people, who provide great customer service.
Clerical Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJune 8, 2016
I worked with great hard working people who were amazing at their job and would bend over backwards to work as a team. Ryder was fantastic at being flexible if you had any family issues that you had to take off for a brief period of time and just overall very supportive of your work/family balance.
Pros
Great people to work wtih, and very flexible with time off.
Cons
Pay increasese were minimal at best.
Tiring place to work
Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 2, 2016
Job required a lot of heavy lifting and long hours but the staff made it very easy to get through the day because of their sense of humour and character. Definitely is not my top enjoyable job but taught my a lot general labour skills that could be used at home or future employers.
Pros
Long Lunches
Cons
Heavy Lifting
Good eventful workplace with alot of vending machines
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 27, 2016
A regular day at work here would consist of alot of table loading but would eventually would include scanning and organizing goods. I learned how to use a scanner. My coworkers were very supportive as well as flexible so whenever I couldn't make it they would be able to back me up. The most enjoyable part was scanning the goods while the hardest part was filling the tables and the skids.
Pros
Free donuts occasionally.
Cons
Alot of Overtime which is still a pro/con.
Ryder
Inventory / Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 9, 2016
Ryder Integrated Logistics and Truck Rental company is very strong in the North America, Europe and China. It was good working there.
Great place to learn and grow
Senior Logistics Manager, Western Region (Former Employee) –  Delta,bcApril 7, 2016
Awesome work place and people. Very good safety program that when followed made a difference. Lots of work and projects while working there. Learned lots. Best part of the work was that there was a variety of challenges daily with Projects, special demands from the customer and just plain day to day stuff with people.
Awesome support staff from Quality, order management, IT and other branches of Ryder!
The teams I had the opportunity to work with in BC, Alberta, Sask Manitoba and Ontario were outstanding and made it easy to go in to work daily. Very good support from Management and peers from across the country.
Lots of great moments while I was working with Ryder!
Pros
Projects, people, training programs, and leadership.
Cons
The work life balance is a challenge with Work winning mostly over my time there.
new opportunity's for example: printing labels for boxes and receiving return products
Truck Driver / Delivery Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 3, 2016
We also do something called points where we will play small quiz games and if you were right you would get points but we only do that some times
Parts Technician / Purchaser (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 3, 2016
Lacks proper management, does not promote from within the company, poor attitude lingers throughout most of the staff do to lack of management.
Pros
I'd rather not say.
Cons
I'd rather not say.
Most enjoyable - meeting customers on a regular basis
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 28, 2016
Delivering to customers on a regular basis meant getting to know them and understanding their requirements. Therefore providing good customer service.
Productive work place that is fast paced and really engages your mind
Robotics Technician (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 19, 2016
maintaining the RCS line and making sure I am ahead of any issue that may occur during hours of production. this company has opened up new doors for me that I am willing to walk through
No attempt to fine laid off people new positions in the company.
Delivery Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 28, 2016
They used to try and retain workers but that has changed. Policy against letters of reference. Worked 10 years and could not get a letter due to this policy.
high secure environment with multiculture
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 8, 2016
Ryder is multinational company with lots of branches in Canada and America. It is a transport company .I am working in Imperial Tobacco branch where supervisor and team leads are very good persons . My reason to change this company is that i am not getting my full hours work and there is no job security. This company hours work on production orders. When there is less orders , everyone leaves earlier as orders done and vice versa.
Pros
very nice supervisor and team leads
Cons
less hours and no secure job
Well mangnged workplace and team work
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONDecember 3, 2015
my shift starts early in the morning which is something i enjoyed. at the work place i usually being with pre-trip and make sure my equipment is in good condition before i drive it.
good job
Route Representative/Driver (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 30, 2015
It has been a good job, But A longterm future with the job, is out of reach. the people you will work with all tend to be very good people
Commute
Administration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ONOctober 29, 2015
Fun workplace with supportive management. The commute and hours are what are wearing on me. I love my job - hate the drive!!!
Travelling outside of Ontario
AZ driver (Former Employee) –  BramptonOctober 1, 2015
I earned great experience working with Ryder, especially the experience of travelling outside of Ontario. Was a great one year working with the team, thankful for the experience.
Very fast pace, self directed
Operations Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Concord, ONAugust 6, 2015
Management is different depends on location and size of shop. Many opportunity to grow but you must also put in a lot of efforts. Turnover rate is also high.
Great experience with great people.
Fuel Island and Wash Bay (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 28, 2015
-Constant re-assurance of safety.
-Very kind and well-mannered employees and management.
-Always someone there to help if needed.
The best large corporation to work with.
Rental Counter Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, ManitobaJuly 22, 2015
Bell is great to work with especially when they treat their employee like a family. In the basement was a basketball court, large cafeteria, gym..just like google. I really enjoyed working there. The only perk that I did not like was that customers often asked me if I was located in a third world country.
Pros
incentives for selling price plans and other weekly promotions
Cons
co workers not happy with the job position.
good company to work for
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 4, 2015
Had an awesome teammate to work with, work day was good except for the long shifts i had to put in. i didn't learn anything cause i did all the same thing on my previous job before this one
Pros
good pay, great teammate that i worked with
Cons
long 26 hour shifts driving out to Saskatchewan and back