Ryder

Ryder Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good teamwork and positive environment to work.
Copy configuration technician (Current Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 2, 2014
Every morning before we start our daily duties, we all gather together to the hall for a meeting and morning exercise. I have good rapport with my colleagues and we work together as a team. The management people are supportive to us. They acknowledges our sucess and good work by giving us recognition and rewards. The environment I work is safe and have – more... that sense of teamwork. The enjoyable of part of the job is when I get to problem solve and fix the challenging problems of the machines. It gives me that sense of satisfaction and drive. I would like to have better work benefits like dental benefits. – less
filing clerk
Filing clerk (Former Employee), BramptonJanuary 4, 2014
a typical day at work- full time
what you learned - filing
management -good
your co-workers -good
the hardest part of the job - no
the most enjoyable part of the job - good managment
hard place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 27, 2013
Pros: benefits where good people some where good works so not
Cons: management never tells u nothing till the last minute and want u to know it right away
a typical day if u r on a forklift is hard they would give u so much to do in a little amount of time
understaffed, poorly managed
technician (Current Employee), ontario, caApril 16, 2013
Pros: n/a
poor equipment, never enough staff, its all about numbers to show share holders
Dynamic workplace with enjoyable coworkers
Material handler (Former Employee), Montreal, QcJanuary 22, 2013
While i worked here i learned a lot and enjoyed working with the many other people who worked there aswell
Excellent company
Driver Representative (Current Employee), Moncton NBNovember 25, 2012
Pros: hours are good, wages are satisfactory
Cons: the seurity doesn't seem to be there anymore.....
Supervisors are great to deal with , customers are pleasant to work with as well

Due to restructuring, our jobs are no longer secure, so it is time to seek other option

I figure I should return to operating equiptment, and what better place would be then in Alberta.
Overall, good Company.
Director of Sales (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 17, 2012
Pros: ample room for advancement
Cons: disjointed organizational structure--matrix style
Limited innnovation, disjointed organizational structure, product quality declining
Great Company with poor salary
Logistics Operations Manager (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 27, 2012
Really enjoyed working with Ryder. They taught me a lot. However the salary was very poor. Great place to learn your craft but unfortunately, if you want to make market wages you have to leave...
Good job security
Commercial Driver (Former Employee), Sparks, NVNovember 19, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: sometimes had to be away on holidays
Dedicated lanes with excellent pay and definite planned home-time. Training was sometimes tedious because every month you have training (mostly safety related) and every quarter there was additional training. In the 3 years I was there I never saw a pay raise, but the pay was good. Management changed halfway through my experience there which was disconcerting, – more... but I rolled with it. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing where and when you will be most of the time. – less
Great benefits
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee), York, PANovember 18, 2014
A day at work although Can be exhausting although the Pay was great. I had great experience of Operating flatbed trailers and Proper securement of Hauling steel. Management was acceptional the Hardest part was proper tarping of the materials the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the valued customers
Great school to learn
Logistics Manager (Former Employee), Miramar, FLNovember 12, 2014
Pros: excellent company culture
Cons: little opportunity for continues growth
Tough margins to compete with emerging companies. Preferred candidates selected for openings.
Very Nice people
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee), Lansing, MINovember 10, 2014
Everyone that I work with and the people who trained me were all very friendly and paitent. The hardest part of the job is sometimes there is a lack of communication on important information, but there are a lot of tools to use to find the info you need.
Everything you need to know...
Customer Logistics Manager (Current Employee), Sallisaw, OKNovember 9, 2014
Pros: flexibility & challenge
Cons: work is 24/7.
I've always had a passion for people. Everyday I strive to do the best I can and help others grow and achieve their goals. My job is very demanding and high stress... I deal with scheduling and often times problems arise consistently and I have to find a way to make everything work. You will most always see me smiling and laughing even in the midst – more... of the storm, because I know everything does work out in the end. Also, it is a wonderful thing to know that you have accomplished yet another goal or task successfully. – less
Feels like family.
Collection Specialist II (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GANovember 9, 2014
Everyone will support you on everything. Great place to work.
A company which you will most likely get laid off at.
Customer Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Doraville, GANovember 9, 2014
Pros: paid above minimum wage.
Cons: various issues at different accounts.
Ryder Truck Rental is the best known entity of Ryder Systems, Inc. Most of those locations are maintenance locations that have been in existence for years that employ truck technicians and sales clerks. If you were to apply to one, you are more than likely into repairing tractor-trailers.

I worked for Ryder Integrated Logistics though. Ryder Integrated – more... Logistics is a disjointed company of thousands of accounts. Most of these accounts hire less than 20 people. Almost 30% of these accounts close within 5 years due to failed contract negotiations, bad management of certain accounts, a lack of understanding the customer's needs, or upper management having an incomplete picture of the profit outlook before establishing an account.

I worked at three different locations with Ryder Integrated Logistics and all of them are now closed - laying off all workers at those locations within the several years I worked between those accounts. in between layoffs, I, personally, had to find another account because the Career Center employees will not. You are extremely lucky to find something through them - as I have talked to hundreds of other people who have had the same issue.

If you happen to get with an account that has stayed open longer, prepare for micro-management, delegation of duties (also referred to as passing the buck), and, occasionally, poor management at unreasonable levels. In order to keep themselves 'self-insured' and out of any incidences, they will fire drivers for failing to do the simplest of tasks - even if they decided that others had been doing the same thing, keep employees in the dark about potential layoffs - until the minute of serving their pink slip, and management will have employees basically stalking drivers and staking out locations - just to see if anything is 'wrong'. Mismanagement occurs though having multiple people request the exact same issue giving different demands - due to lack of communication between managerial employees sitting next to each other, and trying to pass off work to new employees - as if the position entailed that all along.

I still work with a Ryder account right now and I have heard some pretty bad workplace stories of firings for others' negligence, misappropriation of funds, lack of safety protocols leading to workplace injuries, and general complaints resulting in ostracization of that employee, They actually tout to drivers a 'Captain of the Ship' policy (designed to make the drivers feel as though they have the power to refuse any load for unsafe reasons), but then encourage the driver to incur log violations in order to make up for the lost time.

Would I do it again? Yes, to make sure I knew what I did not want in a company and to be able to see the pitfalls of working with a company like Ryder in the future. – less
Um Yeah No Don't Do It.
Technician 3 (Current Employee), PennsylvaniaNovember 9, 2014
Pros: haha pros, quarterly safety bonus, paid to stretch
Cons: computer system, management, shops, union.
Current employee of ryder. Management is terrible the Benefits for a family are godly expensive, i am currently waiting on reimbursement for traveling to training for 4 separate trips in 5 months. These union shops just protect the lazy techs. There computer system is so lagy, you come in on second shift and try or punch in the computer sits there and – more... thinks, you change to a different server and it's the same thing over and over. Need to hire some new Geeks to fix the computer system. So it doesn't have to update every day. – less
Good company to work
Reverse Logistics Lead Person (Former Employee), Whittier, CANovember 5, 2014
This was a third party logistics company contracted by Eastman Kodak to manage there Distribution operations, nothing really changed I happy working there.
good place to work very friendly
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Fontana, CANovember 5, 2014
operating a forklift while unloading trucks and currently became a trainer
Productive and busy company
Team Leader/Hi-lo Driver (Former Employee), Miami, FLNovember 3, 2014
Good work place. Very stable with hours and pay. Busy fast paced company.
ok but if you do something accidental look out.
former driver (Former Employee), seekonk maNovember 3, 2014
Pros: home daily weekends off
Cons: everything else
I've read the other comments and most of the negative comments are true.Their safety procedures are way over the top. You are not allowed to make a mistake. If you do they treat you like a child. No respect what so ever.

1 2 3 4 5

About Ryder

Ryder System, Inc. is a FORTUNE® 500 provider of leading-edge transportation, logistics and supply chain management solutions. – Read more