Ryder Employee Reviews

Rude people throughout
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 September 2017
Hired for customer service position told would be trained, was not then let go when failed to meet the job requirements. Rude, racist "managers", depressing facilities. A revolving door of workers. Mechanics berated and overworked, leading to missed deadlines and dissatisfied customers. Stay clear of this place!
Pros
Rate of pay
Cons
Everything else.
It is a good place to work as a driver.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  London, ON4 September 2017
My only experience is as a truck driver.
As such I see my dispatch staff more than I see management.
Dispatch staff tend to be inexperienced, as they are the first step in the door for office workers.
This is generally the case for most trucking companies.
As such, I see times where the dispatch staff fails to make logical choices, and chooses options that cost time and resources over better thought out plans.
Pros
Good pay/benefits
Cons
Long hours as a driver
Too many ridiculous rules
Truck Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 September 2017
Worked for them over 3 years and it was miserable jail time. The pay was good benefits were average. The accent for safety is way too much. If you want to play games and go by their policy book and follow all produres to make a simple service last half a day of work this is the place for you! I would not recomend any mechanics nor my worst ennemy to go turn wrenches at any Ryder Truck Rental location. Managent are liars and back stabbers.
Pros
Cons
Pay and easy apprentices jobs
Great company but, definitely nkt something long term wise. Its a starter thats all it is.
Apprentice Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Missisauaga27 August 2017
Great company to work for, however management and hr is absolutely terrible. They solely focus on repair times rather than actually quality and completion of jobs task. You can work as much as you like delivering quality service and chances are it will go unnoticed and not so much appreciated unless someone steps in for you and pressure management about it. Facility is clean and very spacious. There are definitely opportunities, just not please with my experience working there. Get very chaotic almost every day of the week.
Pros
Definitely befinits
Cons
Pay, managment, HR for sure.
very nice place to work and people were nice
driver at imperal oil (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON17 August 2017
loved my job like the people l worked with supervisor was a nice listened when you had something to say just did no why l was let go without talking about what l did wrong and try to fix it
Great company
Customer Logistics Cordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 August 2017
Great company to work for. I worked with a great team of coworkers and supervisors in a warehouse setting. There were alot of changes while I was working there and we worked as a team to make everything work.
Trying to hire slave labour so they get away with stealing your hours
Class 1 Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 July 2017
The good side of the company is they give you a job to do and let you do it. the horrible side is they try to take your money. Stealing your hours, forgetting your overtime pay and even stat pay. You will constantly feel like your getting robbed by your own employer. They are trying to hire as many foreign drivers who they believe wont complain about getting stolen from.
7 years of slavery
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 July 2017
Inside a warehouse the winters are cold and the summers are hotter indoors. I was sent home for wearing shorts. Must wear thick uniform. Im not learning anything. in fact, I'm forgetting things I used to know. Management are major tools. People are funny. I like the people. Hardest part of the job is waking up at 4:20am and being so hot since we work hard and I'm sweating by the end of the day. Also it's dirty. it's dusty. Breathing dirty air into my lungs. They don't vacuum all the dust and then they have fans that blow it all around. Lots of males at my work have had heart problems. One even died at the age of 60-something. Enjoyable part of the job is sitting on my butt/listening to music and doing computer work.
Pros
Good money. Good benefits. Fairly relaxing environment
Cons
Dirty, hot, must wear uniform, working in a warehouse
Good structure
Shop Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 July 2017
Great place ever to work very structured and a lot of great people. Very process driven and a process for everything. Great customers and friendly staff. Training is probably the best that I have ever seen in any company. A lot of room to progress and a advance. Great support systems in place. Great benefits.
Pros
Very family orientated
Cons
Micro managed
inmature
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 July 2017
work is not hard, has to be done correctly and quickly or large issues occur. the team i worked with was very immature and did not get the concept of what our goal was.
Pros
free lunch often
technician
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 July 2017
Start off you night of whatever time of day you are working with speaking with you forman about what needs to be fixed for the night and then go and begin your job.
Just ok
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  BC19 June 2017
Overall not a bad company to work for however some of the management is questionable. They like to play favorites and you are not entitled to make decisions for yourself. It is a corporation so "you have shareholders to answer to".
Good environment with fun people
Commercial transport mechanic (Current Employee) –  Delta/Langley bc13 June 2017
I've enjoyed the opportunity Ryder has given me to progress in my career and learn everyday. It has given me life experiences and learned to deal with everyday problems that arise and find a solution to ensure content customers.
Pros
Good working environment. Safety
Cons
Quick turn around on supervisors
HR needs works
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 June 2017
Pros: Good company to work for. Decent skills are learned.

Cons: Staff turnover is high, There needs to be better training involved, management decisions are usually political
business as usual
Hourly employee on call Ville Saint Laurent Qc (Current Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC6 May 2017
is it any wonder it's a fortune 500
company? only the best. fast paced environment. sod off the
candidates who cannot keep up. in order to survive you need
to adapt to the business climate. else you fail. success is the
only option hence your in good hands if you're looking for job
stability,growth and enhancing your interpersonal skills.
Pros
job stability
Nice place to work
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 April 2017
this company is actually one of the few i would still recommend to this day. very well organized, productive team members and everyone works together on each shift. people became my friends here.
worst job ever
Heavy Duty Mechanic - Journeyman (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 April 2017
this company does give technical documentation for support. I give management a bad review. Things are promised but never done. rules are up to the whims of the manager in charge. Its the biggest joke of a company I've ever worked for. I do not recommend any one trying to seriously looking in to a career with ryder. every second of you day is micro managed. no respect is given for hard work. your reward for working hard is being expected to work even harder the next day.
Pros
oem support
Cons
bad management. planning for 120% out put at all times.
Don't waste your time with Ryder
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  London, ON8 April 2017
Lower than average wages , unprofessional management and petty supervisors who think they're amazing but they don't know anything and low morale .. brag about their a Fortune 500 company but they're only that way from ripping off their employees. They don't put any effort or care into their business.

I wouldn't recommend working for them to anyone
Pros
Cons
Awful management and supervisors, lack of knowledge, lack of care, very unprofessional
Corporate America
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON20 March 2017
A very big company. Providing logistics services as well as freight movement. Poorly organized at the dispatch level. Pay and benifits are fantastic if you can put up with being set up to fail
Pros
Pay and benifits
Cons
Poor Management
Nothing good about this place
Shop Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON12 March 2017
Beware truck mechanics .low pay everywhere else starts at higher wages .this company wants to run the shop like a factory . Not good place for a good mechanic . I was there for 10 years and best day of my life is when I left
Pros
Cons
Lol lots

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ryder. Our community is ready to answer.