Ryder Employee Reviews

amazing company, terrible amangement
Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON18 December 2017
amazing company to work for but managers, supervisors and HR representatives makes the company and work life irritating. overall, if they stop hiring university graduates to work in the industry. working at the shop will make life a lot better
Pros
amazing pay, benefits
Cons
managers and HR
Driving truck is a tough job, but Ryder is family friendly
ACZ Driver (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON1 December 2017
Driving truck is a tough job, but Ryder is family friendly
Equipment is newer and well maintained, runs are on a strict timed schedule therefore you get home everyday.
Pros
Good pay rates
Cons
Do your job and get paid.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 November 2017
Do your job .voice your opinion. Show your skill be recognized and get hired. Get paid do overtime. Be safe. Teamwork.benefits transfers. I did all this and am happy to be here.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Makes you lazy.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Mansfield,MA.26 November 2017
Geat company to work for.Benefits are good , people are good to work with.We are always learning different things about the trucking industry.Also they have a good 401 savings plan.
Should stick to renting trucks
ex manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON17 November 2017
Very lazy HR person in London , never there , always says she is busy when you want to see her , and she thinks she runs the company , but she should be in rehab. Drivers all nice , but using agency drivers reflects a bad image on the customers. Too many people in management have been there too long and can't think outside of the box. Too many EGOS and internal relationships between males and the female .
Pros
big name company
Cons
Management stuck in the old way of doing things
Storehouse
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON25 October 2017
I liked the actual job I performed, and the hours were good. OT happened now and again depending on the needs of the customer. The company is however top-heavy when it comes to management. I had three bosses and five other associates that I worked with in the storehouse with. At times it was confusing as you didn't know who was actually running the show. Communication from top down was horrible. I always felt like I was being kept in the dark and felt as if the company didn't want to share anything with me. Also, the rate of pay for this particular place I worked at were far, far below the industry average for this type of job. I also felt that the benefit package was a little 'cheap' as if Ryder found the cheapest benefit plan that they could for their employees. I actually had better coverage when I worked a full-time retail job!!

The workplace culture is weak and from my experience it was made clear to me that employees with any sort of professional opinion, either positive or negative where quickly shown the door. No associate coaching or professional growth is offered, nor do the management seem interested in promoting from internal ranks, although they claim to.

Personally and professionally speaking, I would hounestly stay far, far away from this company if you're looking for a career. If you just need to make some dollars real quick, this might be for you.
Pros
Good hours, M-f
Cons
Poorly Managed
productive,customer service,safe driving skills.
Delivery/Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 October 2017
delivery of tobacco at various locations,management was very weak at this location.culture was in place but not followed. the hardest part of the job was being pushed to do at least 6 calls an hour using a routing system that was poorly implemented and that management was well aware of but refused to rectify after many complaints from all reps.the most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with all the different contacts through out the week and seeing my co workers on a daily basis.There is a great core of reps at this location even with weak management.
Pros
Cons
4 day week up to 15 hour days
mickey mouse
Truck Driver - Class 1 (Former Employee) –  London, ON29 September 2017
great pay,but company relies too much on temp services which means equipment is left to the next guy when its broken and tractors are dirty and finding proper documents can be a problem ,you have to cover your butt when driving past a scale because ryder wont , if you enjoy pulling your hair out ,its a great place to work , better bring a good truck gps too ,
Good place to work if you enjoy a 6 day work week
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 September 2017
Working 6 days a week is not for me. All new employees will be expected to work midnights. Additionally you will be required to work 6 days a week from September to April, good luck with that.
Pros
Paid luch
Cons
6 day work week, working midnights
Dont waste your time and talents
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, alberta21 September 2017
If you want a job to have a quick nasty ending just come to work for Ryder. The Edmonton office is rife with corruption and my way or the highway mentality.gets old real fast.. The most inept upper management I have seen in 20 years of working in this industry. Office romances abound.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Senior Logistics Manager
okay
lead hand (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 September 2017
benefits are good. low hourly. no raise and im here for almost 2 yrs now. change is coming, hopefully for the better. learned a lot of thing though. so thank you for all the opprtinities.
Rude people throughout
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 September 2017
Hired for customer service position told would be trained, was not then let go when failed to meet the job requirements. Rude, racist "managers", depressing facilities. A revolving door of workers. Mechanics berated and overworked, leading to missed deadlines and dissatisfied customers. Stay clear of this place!
Pros
Rate of pay
Cons
Everything else.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 September 2017
• Performed troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and diesel systems on a variety of rental and customer equipment such as: Compressors, Generators, Light towers, pumps, bob cats and other equipment
• Performed the work while using a high degree of independent judgment
• Thoroughly completed service documentation
It is a good place to work as a driver.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  London, ON4 September 2017
My only experience is as a truck driver.
As such I see my dispatch staff more than I see management.
Dispatch staff tend to be inexperienced, as they are the first step in the door for office workers.
This is generally the case for most trucking companies.
As such, I see times where the dispatch staff fails to make logical choices, and chooses options that cost time and resources over better thought out plans.
Pros
Good pay/benefits
Cons
Long hours as a driver
Too many ridiculous rules
Truck Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 September 2017
Worked for them over 3 years and it was miserable jail time. The pay was good benefits were average. The accent for safety is way too much. If you want to play games and go by their policy book and follow all produres to make a simple service last half a day of work this is the place for you! I would not recomend any mechanics nor my worst ennemy to go turn wrenches at any Ryder Truck Rental location. Managent are liars and back stabbers.
Pros
Cons
Pay and easy apprentices jobs
Great company but, definitely nkt something long term wise. Its a starter thats all it is.
Apprentice Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Missisauaga27 August 2017
Great company to work for, however management and hr is absolutely terrible. They solely focus on repair times rather than actually quality and completion of jobs task. You can work as much as you like delivering quality service and chances are it will go unnoticed and not so much appreciated unless someone steps in for you and pressure management about it. Facility is clean and very spacious. There are definitely opportunities, just not please with my experience working there. Get very chaotic almost every day of the week.
Pros
Definitely befinits
Cons
Pay, managment, HR for sure.
very nice place to work and people were nice
driver at imperal oil (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON17 August 2017
loved my job like the people l worked with supervisor was a nice listened when you had something to say just did no why l was let go without talking about what l did wrong and try to fix it
Great company
Customer Logistics Cordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 August 2017
Great company to work for. I worked with a great team of coworkers and supervisors in a warehouse setting. There were alot of changes while I was working there and we worked as a team to make everything work.
Trying to hire slave labour so they get away with stealing your hours
Class 1 Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 July 2017
The good side of the company is they give you a job to do and let you do it. the horrible side is they try to take your money. Stealing your hours, forgetting your overtime pay and even stat pay. You will constantly feel like your getting robbed by your own employer. They are trying to hire as many foreign drivers who they believe wont complain about getting stolen from.
7 years of slavery
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 July 2017
Inside a warehouse the winters are cold and the summers are hotter indoors. I was sent home for wearing shorts. Must wear thick uniform. Im not learning anything. in fact, I'm forgetting things I used to know. Management are major tools. People are funny. I like the people. Hardest part of the job is waking up at 4:20am and being so hot since we work hard and I'm sweating by the end of the day. Also it's dirty. it's dusty. Breathing dirty air into my lungs. They don't vacuum all the dust and then they have fans that blow it all around. Lots of males at my work have had heart problems. One even died at the age of 60-something. Enjoyable part of the job is sitting on my butt/listening to music and doing computer work.
Pros
Good money. Good benefits. Fairly relaxing environment
Cons
Dirty, hot, must wear uniform, working in a warehouse

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ryder. Our community is ready to answer.