Ryder Employee Reviews in Canada

Great place to learn and grow
Senior Logistics Manager, Western Region (Former Employee) –  Delta,bcApril 7, 2016
Awesome work place and people. Very good safety program that when followed made a difference. Lots of work and projects while working there. Learned lots. Best part of the work was that there was a variety of challenges daily with Projects, special demands from the customer and just plain day to day stuff with people.
Awesome support staff from Quality, order management, IT and other branches of Ryder!
The teams I had the opportunity to work with in BC, Alberta, Sask Manitoba and Ontario were outstanding and made it easy to go in to work daily. Very good support from Management and peers from across the country.
Lots of great moments while I was working with Ryder!
Pros
Projects, people, training programs, and leadership.
Cons
The work life balance is a challenge with Work winning mostly over my time there.
high secure environment with multiculture
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 8, 2016
Ryder is multinational company with lots of branches in Canada and America. It is a transport company .I am working in Imperial Tobacco branch where supervisor and team leads are very good persons . My reason to change this company is that i am not getting my full hours work and there is no job security. This company hours work on production orders. When there is less orders , everyone leaves earlier as orders done and vice versa.
Pros
very nice supervisor and team leads
Cons
less hours and no secure job
Parts Technician / Purchaser (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 3, 2016
Lacks proper management, does not promote from within the company, poor attitude lingers throughout most of the staff do to lack of management.
Pros
I'd rather not say.
Cons
I'd rather not say.
Productive work place that is fast paced and really engages your mind
Robotics Technician (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 19, 2016
maintaining the RCS line and making sure I am ahead of any issue that may occur during hours of production. this company has opened up new doors for me that I am willing to walk through
new opportunity's for example: printing labels for boxes and receiving return products
Truck Driver / Delivery Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 3, 2016
We also do something called points where we will play small quiz games and if you were right you would get points but we only do that some times
No attempt to fine laid off people new positions in the company.
Delivery Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 28, 2016
They used to try and retain workers but that has changed. Policy against letters of reference. Worked 10 years and could not get a letter due to this policy.
Most enjoyable - meeting customers on a regular basis
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 28, 2016
Delivering to customers on a regular basis meant getting to know them and understanding their requirements. Therefore providing good customer service.
Ryder
Inventory / Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 9, 2016
Ryder Integrated Logistics and Truck Rental company is very strong in the North America, Europe and China. It was good working there.
The best large corporation to work with.
Rental Counter Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, ManitobaJuly 22, 2015
Bell is great to work with especially when they treat their employee like a family. In the basement was a basketball court, large cafeteria, gym..just like google. I really enjoyed working there. The only perk that I did not like was that customers often asked me if I was located in a third world country.
Pros
incentives for selling price plans and other weekly promotions
Cons
co workers not happy with the job position.
Good teamwork and positive environment to work.
Copy configuration technician (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 2, 2014
Every morning before we start our daily duties, we all gather together to the hall for a meeting and morning exercise. I have good rapport with my colleagues and we work together as a team. The management people are supportive to us. They acknowledges our sucess and good work by giving us recognition and rewards. The environment I work is safe and have that sense of teamwork. The enjoyable of part of the job is when I get to problem solve and fix the challenging problems of the machines. It gives me that sense of satisfaction and drive. I would like to have better work benefits like dental benefits.
Commute
Administration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ONOctober 29, 2015
Fun workplace with supportive management. The commute and hours are what are wearing on me. I love my job - hate the drive!!!
Well mangnged workplace and team work
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONDecember 3, 2015
my shift starts early in the morning which is something i enjoyed. at the work place i usually being with pre-trip and make sure my equipment is in good condition before i drive it.
good job
Route Representative/Driver (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 30, 2015
It has been a good job, But A longterm future with the job, is out of reach. the people you will work with all tend to be very good people
Face paced, always moving, no time for breaks. Fun
Location Rental Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 3, 2015
Love working at Ryder as the days fly by. The people I work with are great; they are hard working and very knowledgeable. There is always something different to deal with so you have to stay on your toes and be flexible. This is not a job where you come and do the same thing every day. Laws, regulations, and technology are constantly changing and Ryder is at the forefront of this change always.
Pros
free lunchs
Travelling outside of Ontario
AZ driver (Former Employee) –  BramptonOctober 1, 2015
I earned great experience working with Ryder, especially the experience of travelling outside of Ontario. Was a great one year working with the team, thankful for the experience.
Very fast pace, self directed
Operations Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Concord, ONAugust 6, 2015
Management is different depends on location and size of shop. Many opportunity to grow but you must also put in a lot of efforts. Turnover rate is also high.
A day at Ryder
General Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONAugust 26, 2013
There is a lot of work to get done in a day my co-workers are good guys to work with and they help when you need it. its a fun job but you have to like what you are doing at the end of the day. there is some fun but most of all I am there to work and go home. management is Ok they have there up and down days so when its good its good.
Pros
good guys to work with and benefits
Cons
there are some to all jobs
Great experience with great people.
Fuel Island and Wash Bay (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 28, 2015
-Constant re-assurance of safety.
-Very kind and well-mannered employees and management.
-Always someone there to help if needed.
Productive and fast paced to meet next day delivery
Forklift Operator / Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec CanadaOctober 13, 2014
Ryder was a pleasant place to work. The workload was based on the skill level of the employee.
The benefits were a definite positive part of my employment there.
hard place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 27, 2013
a typical day if u r on a forklift is hard they would give u so much to do in a little amount of time
Pros
benefits where good people some where good works so not
Cons
management never tells u nothing till the last minute and want u to know it right away