Ryder Employee Reviews

business as usual
Hourly employee on call Ville Saint Laurent Qc (Current Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC6 May 2017
is it any wonder it's a fortune 500
company? only the best. fast paced environment. sod off the
candidates who cannot keep up. in order to survive you need
to adapt to the business climate. else you fail. success is the
only option hence your in good hands if you're looking for job
stability,growth and enhancing your interpersonal skills.
Pros
job stability
worst job ever
Heavy Duty Mechanic - Journeyman (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 April 2017
this company does give technical documentation for support. I give management a bad review. Things are promised but never done. rules are up to the whims of the manager in charge. Its the biggest joke of a company I've ever worked for. I do not recommend any one trying to seriously looking in to a career with ryder. every second of you day is micro managed. no respect is given for hard work. your reward for working hard is being expected to work even harder the next day.
Pros
oem support
Cons
bad management. planning for 120% out put at all times.
Don't waste your time with Ryder
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  London, ON8 April 2017
Lower than average wages , unprofessional management and petty supervisors who think they're amazing but they don't know anything and low morale .. brag about their a Fortune 500 company but they're only that way from ripping off their employees. They don't put any effort or care into their business.

I wouldn't recommend working for them to anyone
Pros
Cons
Awful management and supervisors, lack of knowledge, lack of care, very unprofessional
Corporate America
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON20 March 2017
A very big company. Providing logistics services as well as freight movement. Poorly organized at the dispatch level. Pay and benifits are fantastic if you can put up with being set up to fail
Pros
Pay and benifits
Cons
Poor Management
Nothing good about this place
Shop Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON12 March 2017
Beware truck mechanics .low pay everywhere else starts at higher wages .this company wants to run the shop like a factory . Not good place for a good mechanic . I was there for 10 years and best day of my life is when I left
Pros
Cons
Lol lots
Fairly autonomous in nature
Delivery Representative (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC12 March 2017
A typical day at work starts with picking up a pre-loaded van and the paperwork, then delivering orders to customers throughout different regions of the Fraser Valley.

I've learned about computerized warehousing and inventory systems as well as the pros and cons concerning computerized routing. I've also learned more about problem solving and presenting potential solutions to upper management for their approval.

We now have a very supportive Logistics Manager who seems very interested in fine tuning the many aspects of the operation so that it runs well and he believes in empowering people to act proactively instead of being reactive.

I no longer see much of the workplace culture as I'm not in the warehouse very much, but from what I do see, everyone seems to get along reasonably well.

The hardest part of the job are the long hours that happen from time to time or driving in inclement weather.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me is going out to the stores and meeting the people I deal with. I have developed a great rapport with them.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Long hours and occasional inclement weather
Horrible management
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Alberta12 March 2017
Management plays games with its employees. They'll lie straight to your face and then when you turn around they stab you in the back. There is a serious favoritism problem with the management in Alberta. They say they will train but never do. You are lost in the shuffle.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything. Liars and hypocrites
Working at ryder is great but salaries sucks
Condidential (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON3 March 2017
I worked for 8 years at ryder overall its good but unfortunatly the opertunities within there are not much and its hard to grow within. The salaries if you want money you gotta be a perfect employee no mistakes no problem. Dont go against polacies and dont give your opinion as they will put you in your place .

If you chose to work at ryder if your at the bottom of the food chain dont think you will move up.
Pros
Job security, benefits
Cons
Dead end job, no future unless you know ppl.
typical trucking company
Sub-Contractor (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON7 February 2017
only care about getting the miles done, any issue is always the drivers fault, some dispatchers care so it helped, but all truckers know that you are just a number
A great place to start
Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 January 2017
A lot of politics, needs better organization but a great set of workers.
Very, clean, spacious and interesting.

Staff is great but most seem to leave very quickly
The Job
Shop Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 January 2017
I have worked with Ryder for almost 5 years now, I have loved my job from day one and still love it today. As a female in this male dominate industry I could not ask for a better company to be with, I have strong supporting managers and the drive to move up in the company with them.
Excellent,professional company
Warehouse manager (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC14 January 2017
Fair,honest,stellar. Treats employees well...Tries to accomodate workers with respect to their personal lives...Safe ,friendly environment...bilingual, equal opportunity employer.
review
FUEL ISLAND ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 January 2017
good working environment.
working the fuel attendant position is the lowest level to start. with time, once can move up to lube tech and eventually mechanical tech if interested.
driver culture
safety first
no team work,
work and work
best customer services
Pros
lots of work as much you can do
Cons
time bounded and no benefits
Adventure like work
AZ Driver (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 December 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was that i got to see different people in different provinces of the United States and i learnt a bit of the American accent.
Pros
Felt like going on a holiday
Cons
Long waiting times
Great Place to Work!
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 November 2016
It was a tough decision to leave my last employer who I worked for over 10 years but I'm glad I did. It has now been 10 years since I joined Ryder! Ryder has afforded me opportunities that have supported my continued career growth while maintaining my work life balance. The Company focuses on strengthening our values of expertise, collaboration, innovation, safety and trust. Employees are supportive of each other and work hard to exceed the expectations of our customers on a daily basis. I'm proud to support an organization that has great values and values me!
Pros
Training, Employee Development, Benefits
Great place to work ... with many awards to prove it!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 November 2016
Ryder is a great place to work!

Fortune magazine named Ryder as one of the World's Most Admired Companies where it ranked third in the Trucking, Transportation, and Logistics industry category – with high marks in various categories including social responsibility, innovation, use of corporate assets, and people management.

Canada Top Employer's competition named Ryder as one of rgw Greater Toronto's Top Employers. Further, Trucking HR Canada has named Ryder Canada as a Top Fleet Employer based on their demonstration of effective human resources approaches in the areas of employee recognition, compensation, lifestyle, employee engagement, wellness, professional development, recruitment and retention.
It is a great time to be at Ryder!
Operations (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2016
Before joining Ryder I had no idea the depth of the business and the amount of opportunities within the company. I was surprised after joining with the multiple lines of business Ryder had, they are definitely not just a truck rental company. There is a lot of room for growth within the company both upwards and between product lines.

Overall, the people are great, there is lots of opportunity and if you work hard you get rewarded.
Pros
opportunity, reward, success
Fantastic Company to work for!
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto area16 November 2016
When I tell people I'm a service Manager for a international transportation company, they're skeptical to say the least! As a woman in this industry it can be hard to be taken seriously. However- working for Ryder has been the best move I've ever made! Here is a company that puts highest value on your strengths and strives to make you the best you can be! The support from senior management is endless. My team is incredible- and so are the techs and support staff at all branches. Ryder is an amazing place to work!
Pros
Great staff, great management, endless opportunities
Great work/life balance
National Recruiter / HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ON26 October 2016
Great company to work for. They promote work/life balance. Management listens to their employees. A lot of opportunities. Top fleet company. Appreciates it's employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ryder. Our community is ready to answer.