Ryder

Ryder Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good teamwork and positive environment to work.
Copy configuration technician (Current Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 2, 2014
Every morning before we start our daily duties, we all gather together to the hall for a meeting and morning exercise. I have good rapport with my colleagues and we work together as a team. The management people are supportive to us. They acknowledges our sucess and good work by giving us recognition and rewards. The environment I work is safe and have – more... that sense of teamwork. The enjoyable of part of the job is when I get to problem solve and fix the challenging problems of the machines. It gives me that sense of satisfaction and drive. I would like to have better work benefits like dental benefits. – less
filing clerk
Filing clerk (Former Employee), BramptonJanuary 4, 2014
a typical day at work- full time
what you learned - filing
management -good
your co-workers -good
the hardest part of the job - no
the most enjoyable part of the job - good managment
hard place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 27, 2013
Pros: benefits where good people some where good works so not
Cons: management never tells u nothing till the last minute and want u to know it right away
a typical day if u r on a forklift is hard they would give u so much to do in a little amount of time
understaffed, poorly managed
technician (Current Employee), ontario, caApril 16, 2013
Pros: n/a
poor equipment, never enough staff, its all about numbers to show share holders
Dynamic workplace with enjoyable coworkers
Material handler (Former Employee), Montreal, QcJanuary 22, 2013
While i worked here i learned a lot and enjoyed working with the many other people who worked there aswell
Excellent company
Driver Representative (Current Employee), Moncton NBNovember 25, 2012
Pros: hours are good, wages are satisfactory
Cons: the seurity doesn't seem to be there anymore.....
Supervisors are great to deal with , customers are pleasant to work with as well

Due to restructuring, our jobs are no longer secure, so it is time to seek other option

I figure I should return to operating equiptment, and what better place would be then in Alberta.
Overall, good Company.
Director of Sales (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 17, 2012
Pros: ample room for advancement
Cons: disjointed organizational structure--matrix style
Limited innnovation, disjointed organizational structure, product quality declining
Great Company with poor salary
Logistics Operations Manager (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 27, 2012
Really enjoyed working with Ryder. They taught me a lot. However the salary was very poor. Great place to learn your craft but unfortunately, if you want to make market wages you have to leave...
Potluck every quater
Supervisor (Former Employee), Union City, CAOctober 17, 2014
Potluck every quater and time credit for couple of minutes exercise during work hours.
fun to work with....
temp (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJOctober 16, 2014
Pros: we had lunches together
Cons: everything positive
very nice place to work, perfect coworkers and always able to work with no pressure.
Productive and fantastic place to work
Receptionist/ Admin (Former Employee), Sheffield, ENGOctober 16, 2014
Great Company to work for, wish it wasn't just covering maternity leave. Staff are easy to get along with. Worked as a team and a individual.
truck driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee), McBee, SCOctober 15, 2014
Long hours of work
Enjoyed the traveling
Get along with others
Great company
Yard Driver (Current Employee), Kent, WAOctober 14, 2014
Great company enjoy the Independence. Driving great equipment.
Being able to stay in shape while working.
Temporary Assignment in Quality Control (Former Employee), Rochelle, ILOctober 14, 2014
Staying physically fit while at work was an excellent benefit. I worked closely with a group of six to eight other employees, whom we all had to pay attention to details, or would have to start over to correct the displays built.
Nice enviroment, fast paced
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee), Lebanon, INOctober 6, 2014
Fast paced, strict working environment. Fun Friendly, enjoyed it for the most part
poor management
driver[former driver] (Former Employee), indianapolis inOctober 2, 2014
Pros: got to drive a truck
Cons: too much to list, start with ryders management from top to bottom
They let people go without a just cause or reason.Would lie and tell you how much better everyone else was doing the same run and you would find out that was all a lie. Lot of carrot on a stick type management.Had older trucks and they would not fix the a/c in them when we had one of the hottest summers on record at the time.Said what a great job you – more... were doing and how you came to bat for them when they needed a driver to cover an absent drivers route and never complained. Lots of petty rules that were almost more important than getting the load to the customer on time.The drivers were the fuse in the whole place . If anything went wrong it was the drivers fault reguardless.Slip seating and had co drivers looking for any reason to complain about other drivers to make themselves look good.Things such as got dirt on floor of truck cab or ate something in cab that left a few crumbs even though you didnt have time to stop and eat on some of the schedules. I learned that no matter how you try in todays and their work enviroment you just a number and easily replaceable . High turnover. People came and went so much I didnt even try to learn their names anymore. They let some great skilled drivers go then wondered why no one wanted to stay or do anything extra.I was one of the few drivers that actually liked the place and now looking back i wouldnt go back and put up with all i went through just to be cast aside and neither are the other drivers from what I've seen in their ads for drivers.They had computer systems in the truck that always were acting up and would work for one driver and not the next then they would blame it on the driver.They would have people riding around in cars trying to catch you doing something wrong. Saw people hiding behind trailors spying on the guy that fueled the trucks. – less
excellent!
Fork lift operator (Current Employee), Statham, GAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: great enviroment
Cons: long commute
A wonderful Place to work
Paid Holidays
Denta plan
Excellent advancement opporunities
Operations Center Lead (Former Employee), Novi, MISeptember 28, 2014
Ryder is an excellent company to work for. The management teams are always looking to help employees move upward within the company. Ryder is always looking for talent within the ranks to move up to management positions.
Non-Productive place low self energy
Production Line (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CASeptember 26, 2014
Did not like the hours. The job environment was not a great environment.
Freedom and easy going people
Material Handler (Former Employee), Macon, GASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: power lunches
Cons: outside insects
Drove to different towns every day,seeing different types of animals all the time.

1 2 3 4 5

About Ryder

Ryder System, Inc. is a FORTUNE® 500 provider of leading-edge transportation, logistics and supply chain management solutions. – Read more