Ryder Employee Reviews

A great place to start
Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 January 2017
A lot of politics, needs better organization but a great set of workers.
Very, clean, spacious and interesting.

Staff is great but most seem to leave very quickly
The Job
Shop Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 January 2017
I have worked with Ryder for almost 5 years now, I have loved my job from day one and still love it today. As a female in this male dominate industry I could not ask for a better company to be with, I have strong supporting managers and the drive to move up in the company with them.
Excellent,professional company
Warehouse manager (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC14 January 2017
Fair,honest,stellar. Treats employees well...Tries to accomodate workers with respect to their personal lives...Safe ,friendly environment...bilingual, equal opportunity employer.
review
FUEL ISLAND ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 January 2017
good working environment.
working the fuel attendant position is the lowest level to start. with time, once can move up to lube tech and eventually mechanical tech if interested.
driver culture
safety first
no team work,
work and work
best customer services
Pros
lots of work as much you can do
Cons
time bounded and no benefits
Adventure like work
AZ Driver (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 December 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was that i got to see different people in different provinces of the United States and i learnt a bit of the American accent.
Pros
Felt like going on a holiday
Cons
Long waiting times
Great Place to Work!
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 November 2016
It was a tough decision to leave my last employer who I worked for over 10 years but I'm glad I did. It has now been 10 years since I joined Ryder! Ryder has afforded me opportunities that have supported my continued career growth while maintaining my work life balance. The Company focuses on strengthening our values of expertise, collaboration, innovation, safety and trust. Employees are supportive of each other and work hard to exceed the expectations of our customers on a daily basis. I'm proud to support an organization that has great values and values me!
Pros
Training, Employee Development, Benefits
Great place to work ... with many awards to prove it!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 November 2016
Ryder is a great place to work!

Fortune magazine named Ryder as one of the World's Most Admired Companies where it ranked third in the Trucking, Transportation, and Logistics industry category – with high marks in various categories including social responsibility, innovation, use of corporate assets, and people management.

Canada Top Employer's competition named Ryder as one of rgw Greater Toronto's Top Employers. Further, Trucking HR Canada has named Ryder Canada as a Top Fleet Employer based on their demonstration of effective human resources approaches in the areas of employee recognition, compensation, lifestyle, employee engagement, wellness, professional development, recruitment and retention.
It is a great time to be at Ryder!
Operations (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2016
Before joining Ryder I had no idea the depth of the business and the amount of opportunities within the company. I was surprised after joining with the multiple lines of business Ryder had, they are definitely not just a truck rental company. There is a lot of room for growth within the company both upwards and between product lines.

Overall, the people are great, there is lots of opportunity and if you work hard you get rewarded.
Pros
opportunity, reward, success
Fantastic Company to work for!
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto area16 November 2016
When I tell people I'm a service Manager for a international transportation company, they're skeptical to say the least! As a woman in this industry it can be hard to be taken seriously. However- working for Ryder has been the best move I've ever made! Here is a company that puts highest value on your strengths and strives to make you the best you can be! The support from senior management is endless. My team is incredible- and so are the techs and support staff at all branches. Ryder is an amazing place to work!
Pros
Great staff, great management, endless opportunities
Great work/life balance
National Recruiter / HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ON26 October 2016
Great company to work for. They promote work/life balance. Management listens to their employees. A lot of opportunities. Top fleet company. Appreciates it's employees
productive
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 October 2016
Processed outgoing shipments that consisted of packages, crates and pallets.
• Recorded tracking information, dimensions, weight and special notations including unpacking instructions.
• Determined the right shipping company to use based on the package's destination and
Excellent Work Atmosphere
Health, Safety and Environmental Clerk, Ontario (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 October 2016
Although a temporary position, Ryder has given me some of the experience needed with a great and satisfying work experience. The staff was very friendly, helpful, and warm. The location was close to home. Unfortunately it is only contract and termination is taking place in the beginning of December 2016.
Material Handler (Driver's Helper) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 July 2016
Pick and Packaged orders to be delivered by van drivers for customers. l did returns put stock away. Learned to use a scan gun to pick orders with. Management could have been better. Make sure we got all the orders done everyday. l enjoyed doing different jobs everyday. My co-workers was good.
Pros
Overall best place I have ever worked
Lead Hand midnight shift (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB30 June 2016
Ryder was a great place to work. They was great employees and management was very down to earth and worked with us. I would still be with Ryder if the distribution center here had not moved to Montreal.

I had a job with a lot of responsibilities and a variety of tasks to complete, which to me is great this helps for you to be engaged in your work. I like being both mentally and physically busy.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
midnight shift
supportive base managment team
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 June 2016
the managers are very supportive manner and welcome the innovative ideas. a good environment to grow up the supply chain engineers
Poor management
Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  London17 June 2016
Overall the London hub is poorly managed. The company takes and gives little in return. The claim a great work life balance but only if that suits their needs.
Pros
Cons
long hours, no respect from management
Great people, who provide great customer service.
Clerical Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON8 June 2016
I worked with great hard working people who were amazing at their job and would bend over backwards to work as a team. Ryder was fantastic at being flexible if you had any family issues that you had to take off for a brief period of time and just overall very supportive of your work/family balance.
Pros
Great people to work wtih, and very flexible with time off.
Cons
Pay increasese were minimal at best.
Tiring place to work
Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 June 2016
Job required a lot of heavy lifting and long hours but the staff made it very easy to get through the day because of their sense of humour and character. Definitely is not my top enjoyable job but taught my a lot general labour skills that could be used at home or future employers.
Pros
Long Lunches
Cons
Heavy Lifting
Good eventful workplace with alot of vending machines
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 April 2016
A regular day at work here would consist of alot of table loading but would eventually would include scanning and organizing goods. I learned how to use a scanner. My coworkers were very supportive as well as flexible so whenever I couldn't make it they would be able to back me up. The most enjoyable part was scanning the goods while the hardest part was filling the tables and the skids.
Pros
Free donuts occasionally.
Cons
Alot of Overtime which is still a pro/con.