We are currently recruiting for an Payroll / Operations Assistant. This is a permanent full time position.
If you enjoy working in a fast paced, busy environment using your superior data entry skills, have a keen eye for detail, and your strong business math, this position may be of interest. You must also enjoy working with a diverse range of people. Payroll experience is required.
Reports to Operations Manager
- Data entry of hourly payrolls (Port Coquitlam and Toronto), adhering to the collective agreement. Experience with unix based systems an asset.
- Administrative support to Operations Manager
- Maintain and develop daily, weekly, monthly reports: attendance, training, KPI’s, full time and part time employee hours, etc
- Draft correspondence
- Maintain Safety Committee minutes and records
- Administration for all health and safety and training records
- Creating the daily schedule according to operational requirements, adhering to the collective agreement
- Daily operational workforce adjustments contacting employees (full time, part time, and casuals) for layoffs, recall and additional
- Communicate daily with internal customers regarding payroll, vacation, ato, temporary posting, weekly indemnity, Worksafe, and collective agreement
- Maintain hourly employee files: training, Worksafe,
- Correspond with the Union on all Health and Welfare, Weekly Indemnity, and Pension
- Benefit and Pension administration for hourly employees
- Identify opportunities to streamline work processes
* A minimum of 2-5 years payroll and administrative experience is required
- Strong organizational, analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Interpretation of Collective Agreement and Company policies and procedures
- Payroll experience in a unionized environment is preferred
- Post secondary education in Business or Payroll is preferred
- Strong commitment to customer service, excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as a high degree of initiative
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office (excel and word) is preferred
- Excellent knowledge of business math
To join our team please email your cover letter and resume in one file with "Payroll / Operations Assistant " in the e-mail subject line.
No telephone calls please.