We are currently recruiting for an IT, Systems Administrator.
This is a permanent full time position.
If you enjoy working in a fast paced environment, have a strong attention to detail and excellent communications skills this position may be of interest. You must also enjoy working with a diverse range of people.
Position: IT, Systems Administrator
Reports to: Manager, Information Technology
Location: Port Coquitlam
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure computer and data storage systems are backed up as defined in the Ryder Backup policy, including daily monitoring and resolution of backup issues.
- Install, deploy and maintain network servers, including, but not limited to, HP Unix, Linux, ESX (VM Ware), FTP, Windows 2003, Windows 2008, Office 365, Lotus Notes Domino and Blackberry Enterprise.
- Maintain NetApp data storage, including setting up and allocating data storage volumes and luns.
- Administer, maintain and support Unix, Linux and Windows systems.
- Configure and maintain smartphones.
- Work closely with the Ryder IT USA team to administer and support Office 365 environment.
- Monitor network performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made and to ensure 24/7/365 availability.
- Perform routine software and Windows operating system updates, and maintain control records of this activity.
- Exercise a broad range of IT knowledge, from setup and configuration of new staff computers and thin client stations to diagnosis and repair of hardware, software and operating system problems.
- Plan, coordinate and implement network security measures in order to protect data, software and hardware, including virus protection and prevention.
- Setup and maintain Active Directory user accounts and provide access to the computer systems as defined in the Ryder User Access policy.
- Work with IT Management to recommend, design, implement and maintain network configurations, network architecture (including hardware and software technology) and other systems.
- Maintain the computer system peripherals, including, but not limited to thin clients, multi-function printers, laser printers, faxes and monitors.
- Provide users with initial and ongoing system training, as well as daily assistance solving computer related problems such as malfunctions and program configurations.
- Install, test, and maintain computer programs and systems installed for business use.
- Provide support for VOIP telephone system, Timekeeper Clock hardware, and Security System.
- Consult with IT management to ensure computer information systems policies are in compliance.
- Contact 3rd party support for repair, maintenance and support when so required, for network and computer equipment and peripherals.
- Maintain system support logs related to the data backup processes, network connectivity issues, as well as equipment, peripheral and software repair and support issues.
- Maintain documented processes for IT System Administrator responsibilities.
- Maintain accurate inventory system for computer equipment and peripherals, including toner and printer supplies.
- Monitor daily EDI transmissions and when required follow-up on EDI issues.
- Work closely with IT Management to prioritize IT tasks and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Be available for weekend IT maintenance (when required) and on call shift rotation.
Skills and Technical Knowledge:
- A diploma/degree in Information Technology.
- Three years of system administration experience with HP Unix, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, ESX Servers, SUSE Linux, Lotus Notes, BES.
- Working knowledge of Office 365.
- Unix scripting and good understanding of EDI processes.
- Knowledge of Unix and Windows security baselines, standards and best practices.
- Strong knowledge and experience supporting core platform services on which the infrastructure is dependent including DNS, Active Directory, NFS, FTP, and VM Ware.
- Thorough understanding of enterprise architecture and the various infrastructure components: servers, virtualizations, partitioning, network storage devices, routers, switches and firewalls.
- Ability to implement and manage system controls to meet corporate and audit guidelines.
- Ability to adapt quickly to a changing environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with good mechanical ability to support and diagnose problems with office printers and multi-function printers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to all levels of the organization.
- Team player with the ability to build strong working relationships within all levels of the organization.
- Aptitude for providing positive customer service.
- Ability to setup and maintain an organized workplace and IT server room.
To join our team please email your cover letter and resume in one file with “IT, Systems Administrator” in the subject line of your email.
No phone calls please.
Ryder System, Inc. is a FORTUNE® 500 provider of leading-edge transportation, logistics and supply chain management solutions. Ryder's...