Under the general direction of the Information Technology Manager, the System Administrator is responsible for resolving system administration related hardware and software issues; provides support for servers and microcomputer environment; plans, automates, manages, and supports 7x24 business systems; assists in the development of operating procedures, standards and practices; provides helpdesk support to the business users such as implementing software upgrades, troubleshooting and resolving problems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, configure and support a variety of computer hardware and software including but not limited to server and desktop operating systems, applications, network hardware, and software.
- Ensure the normal operation and security of core network services.
- Ensure computer and data storage systems are backed up including daily monitoring and resolution of backup issues.
- Maintain network data storage including setting up and allocating data storage volumes and luns.
- Perform routine maintenance including software and operating system updates and maintain control records of this activity.
- Support and configure desktop computers, peripherals and mobile devices.
- Maintain and troubleshoot network peripherals including multi-function printers, laser printers and faxes.
- Perform desktop support and help desk consultation.
- Work with IT Management to recommend, design, implement and maintain network configurations, network architecture and other systems.
- Plan, coordinate and implement network security measures in order to protect data, software and hardware, including virus protection and prevention.
- Work closely with IT Management to prioritize IT tasks and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Develop documentation, checklists, and processes for communicating appropriate support information to the users.
- Identify improvement opportunities including but not limited to tools, processes, procedures, installation, configuration and troubleshooting techniques.
- Be available for on call shift rotation and be able to work evenings or weekends as required.
Skills and Technical Knowledge:
- A degree or diploma in Information Technology.
- Competent with the following technologies:
o Microsoft Server 2003, 2008 R2 and 2012 R2
o Active Directory and Group Policy Administration
o Office 365
o Windows 7
o Office 2013 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
o HP Unix
o Suse Linux
o ESX Servers and VMWare
o NetApp and IBM Network Storage
o Network backup software
o Cisco Switches and Routers
o HP Procurve Switches
o Lotus Notes, Domino server
- 3+ years’ experience: HP Unix, Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, ESX Servers, VMWare, SUSE Linux and Lotus Notes.
- Basic Unix and Linux scripting.
- Knowledge of Unix and Windows security baselines, standards and best practices.
- Strong knowledge and experience supporting core platform services on which the infrastructure is dependent including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, GPO, NFS, FTP.
- Thorough understanding of enterprise architecture and the various infrastructure components: servers, virtualizations, partitioning, network storage devices, routers, switches and firewalls.
- Experience in disaster recovery management.
- Ability to implement and manage system controls to meet corporate and audit guidelines.
- Ability to adapt quickly to a changing environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to all levels of the organization.
- Team player with the ability to build strong working relationships within all levels of the organization.
- Aptitude for providing positive customer service.
Indeed - 6 months ago