Ryanair

Ryanair Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great company , good incentives good company to progress
accounts Payable (Current Employee), dublinOctober 14, 2014
Pros: free/cheap flights
Cons: can work long hours at times
Extensive insight in to the airline industry,
Great work enviorment,
great people,
Interesting job
Cabin Crew (Current Employee), Bristol, ENGSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: early morning start
Typical day would include preparing paperwork,briefing with other collageus, checking the equipment is present and working , boarding passengers ( checking boarding passes and ensuring all the details were correct ), serving passengers ....
Customer Service
Cabin crew (Current Employee), Manchester, ENGSeptember 17, 2014
I currently work as cabin crew at Ryanair which is always fun with passangers, every single days are different and I could learn a lot about customer service.

But I would like to develope more and use my qualification in my future job because my current job does not satisfy me 100%.
Good starter
Cabin Crew (Current Employee), London, ENGAugust 19, 2014
Pros: earned lots of experience dealing wih several people
Cons: long hours duty, only flight hours paid
I can't tell much as this company has several bases and I was based only in one, but is a nice company to earn experience.
Is not easy to work for this company because somedays we work a lot of hours but we are not paid all of them ( we are only paid flight hours and, for example, somedays we only fly 6 hours but we are on duy for 12 hours).
Good company
Cabin Crew (Current Employee), Stansted, ENGAugust 16, 2014
Pros: good flights
Is a good company, a lot of work, demanding, lot of oportunities
Diferent workplace
Billing Agent (Former Employee), Barcelona, SpainJune 18, 2014
The work in the airport sometimes could been hard because you was all the time in contact with the customers but if you keep calm you can do it very well.
Greatest Job.
Handling Agent (Lesma Barcelona) (Former Employee), Barcelona, CTMay 18, 2014
Pros: everyday is different.
Cons: starting at 3am, but still can do it.
Since the first day working in Ryanair I realized this is what I really want to do in my life. I loved everything; the pressure, the kind of job, that exciting moment when you don't really know how this day will be like...
I learned a lot about how people is like, how to treat them and how to deal with difficult moments. Next to my colleagues we were – more... like a family, always united in bad and good moments... and also our bosses! They were like one more in the team, always working hard to get that flight on time or to helpus to deal with this difficult passenger who doesn't agree with the company rules (that was always the hardest part!) – less
Challenging and demanding it is a place where one's professional skills must intertwine with a drop of spontaneity and perspicacity.
Booking Agent (Former Employee), Bucuresti, IFMay 2, 2014
A normal day at work lasted six hours. I had program of my choice, considering that at the same I was studying in my bachelors. The working atmosphere was energetic and exciting, usually one that required a rapid concentration. Breaks were 20 minutes long during lunch and 10 minutes every to two hours. My work was conducted over the phone.
 This job – more... has taught me to develop a self consciousness and a specific manner of addressing various human personalities.
My bosses encouraged and trusted me thus helping me build my own confidence in my abilities in a very short time.
Most of my co-workers were benevolent, sociable and friendly so I easily adapted and fitted in.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with impatient, irritated and at some times inappropriate customers.
The satisfaction at the end of the day when I realized that I have managed to help people, to reach the target of my job and add something new in my personal and professional experience was one of the most enjoyable parts of my job. – less
fun workplace
cabin crew (Current Employee), MarrakechApril 24, 2014
typical day at work when i have an easy boarding
i learned how to handle the problems with passangers no matter what happens in positive atitudes
exciting
Base Supervisor (Former Employee), Stansted, ENGApril 11, 2014
Pros: three days off every fortnight
Cons: working irregular hours
I joined Ryanair as a junior cabin crew member and had the opportunity to work my way up. At times the job was stressful and challenging but in the end very rewarding. I came across people of different nationalities and from different backgrounds, I found that very educating.
busy
cabin crew, customer service, cash (Former Employee), birminghamApril 1, 2014
Pros: cheaper travel
Cons: unsociable hours, long days.
typical day at work is sometimes fun, meeting new people every day and seeing different places that you never even knew existed. it was very hard work and you always have to be on the ball. its worth the try.
amazing job and very intresting
ground staff for ryanair (Former Employee), londonMarch 26, 2014
Pros: good money and intresting
Cons: a long way from home
i loved this job it was always intresting and i got to enjoy the outdoor weather and work in an envirioment i loved.
Ryanair
Refunds Administrator (Former Employee), swords, DublinFebruary 24, 2014
Working in a busy call center answering phones and emails. also refunding customers during the ash cloud are.
fun workplace
Cabin Crew (Former Employee), Düsseldorf, NWFebruary 24, 2014
I had the best work colleagues ever, the schedule was always busy but we tried to motivate each other to get through the long and challenging days. we faced difficult situations sometimes with passengers, we worked long hours but still we were enthusiastic. I had a great time and made lots of friends for life, I still go back to Germany from time time – more... to visit them. – less
Enjoyable Meeting New People
Helen E Cosmetics (Former Employee), LondonderryFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: not meeting your target
A typical day at work would be trying to achieve your target for the day and traffic stopping every person you see to sell the product. I also got on brilliantly with my co-workers we had a great bond to help each other out if need be. The hardest part of the job was trying to reach your target each day. It was hard to reach when the store was quiet – more... and no one around to sell to. The most enjoyable part of the job s when you spend time with a customer and give them a make over and they love it and there happy with what they see and see the benefits, it made you feel good because the customer was happy. The management in the job was structured so we where always getting our target and doing our jobs correctly. I learned from this job was that i gained more confidence from it and learned how to react differently about things – less
ryanair
Cabin Crew (Former Employee), LiverpoolFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: free santa hat
working as a cabin crew was all right, job was fine but the management was horrible! crew are forced to buy their own uniform, crew are forced to ask for unpaid leave, there's no real chance to get promoted.
A lot of people from different backgrounds made it more interesting
cabin crew (Former Employee), Stansted, ENGDecember 11, 2013
Pros: cheap travel all over europe.
Cons: getting up for work at 3am
Every day starts at different time so some days I would have very long shift and some days it would be shorter one. I visit 1 or 2 countries a day. Every day brings new challenges as I work with different people as well as there are new passengers twice or 4 times a day.
You have to be patient but at the same time quick and rational in all situations. – more... Decision making is not strange thing to me.
Nothing I could mention was hard apart from early shift pattern when I had to get up for work at 3 am, or come back from work at 2am after late shift. Even after many years you body remains confused.
At this job I met a lot of friends for life. – less
A typical day at work
Cabin Crew (Current Employee), StanstedDecember 3, 2013
• Safety briefing with the pilots and flight attendants.
• Monitoring the cabin for any unusual situations.
• Serving drinks and food to passengers.
• Assisting any special needs passengers.
• Selling products and counting money.
Interesting but dangerous workplace
Cabin crew (Current Employee), GermanyDecember 1, 2013
Pros: discount for flight tickets
Cons: living in germany
There is no typical day at work for me, I work on early or late shifts, plus every day starts at different hour. Almost every day there are different colleagues I work with, there is always a different destination I will fly to and lets not forget lots and different kinds of passengers I meet and deal with during whole flights.I have learnt a lot from – more... my previous jobs and have wide range of abilities and skills,including being able to deal with serious medical,safety or security problems which can happen any time. I work as a part of a team but I am also used to work on my own.The hardest part of the job is dealing with different passengers with different needs,or with language barriers.This is happening on daily bases,dealing with passengers.But to deal with any kind of emergency while airborne can be very serious and dangerous for me as a cabin crew member as well as for passengers.There are also very enjoyable parts of the job of course,which are flying to different destinations,meeting different people,every day being different and I am glad for being able to experience working as a cabin crew,which gave me lots of life and work related experiences. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Flight dispatcher (Former Employee), Palma de Mallorca AirportNovember 25, 2013
Pros: existing work field
Cons: few salary about accountability
Receiving and departing aircrafts all day long was simply AMAZING!

I have learned a lot about the aviation field, because I had managers with a lot of knowledge about this subject. And also, because my eager to learn.

My work-mates were simply amazing, very kind, and always in a teaching mood.

The hardest part of the job was to deal with some rude – more... commandants, but luckily were very few.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to meet a lot of new company mates everyday, and also to had work in a environment where you can see happy people (because they were arriving, or they were departing to many destinations). Is good to see happy people. – less

1 2 3

About Ryanair

Ryanair (RYAAY) is Europe's No.1 low fares airline, serving 146 routes from 11 European bases across 16 European countries. This – Read more