Ryanair

Ryanair Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
interesting job
Cabin Crew (Former Employee), Charleroi, WALJuly 7, 2015
• attending a pre-flight briefing, during which air cabin crew are assigned their working positions for the upcoming flight. Crew are also informed of flight details, the schedule and if there are passengers with any special requirements, such as diabetic passengers, passengers in wheelchairs or the number of infants on board.
• carrying out pre-flight duties, including checking the safety equipment – more... and security checks
• welcoming passengers on board and directing them to their seats;
• informing fliers of the aircraft safety procedures and ensuring that all hand luggage is securely stored away;
• checking all seat belts and galleys are secure prior to take-off;
• making announcements on behalf of the pilot and answering questions during the flight;
• serving meals and refreshments;
• selling duty-free goods and advising passengers of any allowance restrictions in force at their destination;
• reassuring passengers and ensuring that they follow safety procedures correctly in emergency situations; – less
good environment and good experience
cabin crew (Former Employee), MarrakechJune 25, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
it was a good experience and a good company to work with and i really learned to much from this experience
to work for this company made me more professional and hard worker
good team leader and team worker
Day job
Cabin Crew (Former Employee), Edinburgh, SCTJune 18, 2015
Pros: A lot of "free" time, co-workers.
Cons: Only flight hours are paid
Typical day at work: Be at airport on time in order to cross the security, enter the crew room and "check in" on your flight, then you have a briefing and start your normal day as cabin crew (security checks, boarding, safety, customer services, first aids etc...)
-You learn how to be very patient with customers and co-workers and you can improve your sales skills.
-In general your colleagues are very polite and friendly.
-The hardest part of the job is collect the rubbish or deal with drunk passengers.
-The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with customers and colleagues.
productive nice and funny place with a such an amazing people
flights attendant (Former Employee), Milano, LOMJune 6, 2015
Pros: free travel around. nice people
Cons: hard job.
typical day was, look always nice, and rested, smile always, and being simpathy for the passengers.
my normal day , it began every time different, it depends of my working time, but... was... going to the airport, check that everything was ok to board on the plane, checking that everything was cleaned and ready for passenger. when passenger were on their seating.
we explain them everything what they need to know for a case of emergency, when all is clear, we check that all people have his seat belt and all electronic devices off.
after the take off, we start with the services, something to drink eating, and all what passengers needs.
a real eye opener of diffrent cultures
cabin crew (Former Employee), spain and italyMarch 2, 2015
Pros: discount flights and some weeks you only work 2 days a week
Cons: long hours
everyday is different from a 3.30am start to a 6pm start
go through security make sure you have everything you need for the day for example : passport, airport ID, flying licence etc.
without these thing you cant fly.
check in if your late you cant fly.
daily briefing and learn your roles for that day.
security check the aircraft.
board passengers,
constantly being aware of all your surroundings
during – more... turn arounds you have 25 minute's

I've learnt how to communicate very well with people even if you cant speak their language, blind, deaf etc

my co-workers I worked with were different everyday and even from only meeting them for 45minutes before working well and using clear and precise communication with everyone.

hardest part of my job was the hours and trying to adapt your body to such demanding shifts.

most enjoyable was working from Spain and Italy and really experiencing how people live and adapting myself in the lifestyle. – less
Low salary, shift work
Customer Service Check-in Agent (Former Employee), Dublin, AirportJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: staff tickets
Cons: shift work
Check-in
Hardest part early shift.
Acess to duty free shops was the most enjoyable part of the job.
enjoyable
flight attendant (Current Employee), Dublin, DJanuary 13, 2015
My day at work starts at the airport in the ryanair crewroom/meeting room doing our pre-flight briefing. 45 mins before the schedule flight time we do our security checks inside the aircraft to ensure that the airplane is able to fly, then we board the passengers , do our security checks again and fly to our destination. in two years experience with ryanair i gained a nice communication skill and a good solving problems skills , dealing with different types of costumers from different countries. I feel better knowing that i work in a team as we could have unforeseen at any time. the main part of our job is before the take off and the landing , apart from that the rest is really enjoyable.
demanding environment
Cabin Crew (Former Employee), London, ENGOctober 31, 2014
Pros: using language skills
Cons: long hours
-greeting passengers on board
-attend preflight briefings daily
-serving meals and refreshments
-showing passangers to their seats
-checking emergency equipments
-producing written flight reports
great company , good incentives good company to progress
accounts Payable (Current Employee), dublinOctober 14, 2014
Pros: free/cheap flights
Cons: can work long hours at times
Extensive insight in to the airline industry,
Great work enviorment,
great people,
Interesting job
Cabin Crew (Current Employee), Bristol, ENGSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: early morning start
Typical day would include preparing paperwork,briefing with other collageus, checking the equipment is present and working , boarding passengers ( checking boarding passes and ensuring all the details were correct ), serving passengers ....
Customer Service
Cabin crew (Current Employee), Manchester, ENGSeptember 17, 2014
I currently work as cabin crew at Ryanair which is always fun with passangers, every single days are different and I could learn a lot about customer service.

But I would like to develope more and use my qualification in my future job because my current job does not satisfy me 100%.
Good starter
Cabin Crew (Current Employee), London, ENGAugust 19, 2014
Pros: earned lots of experience dealing wih several people
Cons: long hours duty, only flight hours paid
I can't tell much as this company has several bases and I was based only in one, but is a nice company to earn experience.
Is not easy to work for this company because somedays we work a lot of hours but we are not paid all of them ( we are only paid flight hours and, for example, somedays we only fly 6 hours but we are on duy for 12 hours).
Good company
Cabin Crew (Current Employee), Stansted, ENGAugust 16, 2014
Pros: good flights
Is a good company, a lot of work, demanding, lot of oportunities
Diferent workplace
Billing Agent (Former Employee), Barcelona, SpainJune 18, 2014
The work in the airport sometimes could been hard because you was all the time in contact with the customers but if you keep calm you can do it very well.
Greatest Job.
Handling Agent (Lesma Barcelona) (Former Employee), Barcelona, CTMay 18, 2014
Pros: everyday is different.
Cons: starting at 3am, but still can do it.
Since the first day working in Ryanair I realized this is what I really want to do in my life. I loved everything; the pressure, the kind of job, that exciting moment when you don't really know how this day will be like...
I learned a lot about how people is like, how to treat them and how to deal with difficult moments. Next to my colleagues we were like a family, always united in bad and good moments... and also our bosses! They were like one more in the team, always working hard to get that flight on time or to helpus to deal with this difficult passenger who doesn't agree with the company rules (that was always the hardest part!)
Challenging and demanding it is a place where one's professional skills must intertwine with a drop of spontaneity and perspicacity.
Booking Agent (Former Employee), Bucuresti, IFMay 2, 2014
A normal day at work lasted six hours. I had program of my choice, considering that at the same I was studying in my bachelors. The working atmosphere was energetic and exciting, usually one that required a rapid concentration. Breaks were 20 minutes long during lunch and 10 minutes every to two hours. My work was conducted over the phone.
 This job has taught me to develop a self consciousness and – more... a specific manner of addressing various human personalities.
My bosses encouraged and trusted me thus helping me build my own confidence in my abilities in a very short time.
Most of my co-workers were benevolent, sociable and friendly so I easily adapted and fitted in.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with impatient, irritated and at some times inappropriate customers.
The satisfaction at the end of the day when I realized that I have managed to help people, to reach the target of my job and add something new in my personal and professional experience was one of the most enjoyable parts of my job. – less
fun workplace
cabin crew (Current Employee), MarrakechApril 24, 2014
typical day at work when i have an easy boarding
i learned how to handle the problems with passangers no matter what happens in positive atitudes
exciting
Base Supervisor (Former Employee), Stansted, ENGApril 11, 2014
Pros: three days off every fortnight
Cons: working irregular hours
I joined Ryanair as a junior cabin crew member and had the opportunity to work my way up. At times the job was stressful and challenging but in the end very rewarding. I came across people of different nationalities and from different backgrounds, I found that very educating.
busy
cabin crew, customer service, cash (Former Employee), birminghamApril 1, 2014
Pros: cheaper travel
Cons: unsociable hours, long days.
typical day at work is sometimes fun, meeting new people every day and seeing different places that you never even knew existed. it was very hard work and you always have to be on the ball. its worth the try.
amazing job and very intresting
ground staff for ryanair (Former Employee), londonMarch 26, 2014
Pros: good money and intresting
Cons: a long way from home
i loved this job it was always intresting and i got to enjoy the outdoor weather and work in an envirioment i loved.