Ryanair

Ryanair Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
busy
cabin crew, customer service, cash (Former Employee), birminghamApril 1, 2014
Pros: cheaper travel
Cons: unsociable hours, long days.
typical day at work is sometimes fun, meeting new people every day and seeing different places that you never even knew existed. it was very hard work and you always have to be on the ball. its worth the try.
amazing job and very intresting
ground staff for ryanair (Former Employee), londonMarch 26, 2014
Pros: good money and intresting
Cons: a long way from home
i loved this job it was always intresting and i got to enjoy the outdoor weather and work in an envirioment i loved.
Ryanair
Refunds Administrator (Former Employee), swords, DublinFebruary 24, 2014
Working in a busy call center answering phones and emails. also refunding customers during the ash cloud are.
fun workplace
Cabin Crew (Former Employee), Düsseldorf, NWFebruary 24, 2014
I had the best work colleagues ever, the schedule was always busy but we tried to motivate each other to get through the long and challenging days. we faced difficult situations sometimes with passengers, we worked long hours but still we were enthusiastic. I had a great time and made lots of friends for life, I still go back to Germany from time time – more... to visit them. – less
Enjoyable Meeting New People
Helen E Cosmetics (Former Employee), LondonderryFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: not meeting your target
A typical day at work would be trying to achieve your target for the day and traffic stopping every person you see to sell the product. I also got on brilliantly with my co-workers we had a great bond to help each other out if need be. The hardest part of the job was trying to reach your target each day. It was hard to reach when the store was quiet – more... and no one around to sell to. The most enjoyable part of the job s when you spend time with a customer and give them a make over and they love it and there happy with what they see and see the benefits, it made you feel good because the customer was happy. The management in the job was structured so we where always getting our target and doing our jobs correctly. I learned from this job was that i gained more confidence from it and learned how to react differently about things – less
ryanair
Cabin Crew (Former Employee), LiverpoolFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: free santa hat
working as a cabin crew was all right, job was fine but the management was horrible! crew are forced to buy their own uniform, crew are forced to ask for unpaid leave, there's no real chance to get promoted.
A lot of people from different backgrounds made it more interesting
cabin crew (Former Employee), Stansted, ENGDecember 11, 2013
Pros: cheap travel all over europe.
Cons: getting up for work at 3am
Every day starts at different time so some days I would have very long shift and some days it would be shorter one. I visit 1 or 2 countries a day. Every day brings new challenges as I work with different people as well as there are new passengers twice or 4 times a day.
You have to be patient but at the same time quick and rational in all situations. – more... Decision making is not strange thing to me.
Nothing I could mention was hard apart from early shift pattern when I had to get up for work at 3 am, or come back from work at 2am after late shift. Even after many years you body remains confused.
At this job I met a lot of friends for life. – less
A typical day at work
Cabin Crew (Current Employee), StanstedDecember 3, 2013
• Safety briefing with the pilots and flight attendants.
• Monitoring the cabin for any unusual situations.
• Serving drinks and food to passengers.
• Assisting any special needs passengers.
• Selling products and counting money.
Interesting but dangerous workplace
Cabin crew (Current Employee), GermanyDecember 1, 2013
Pros: discount for flight tickets
Cons: living in germany
There is no typical day at work for me, I work on early or late shifts, plus every day starts at different hour. Almost every day there are different colleagues I work with, there is always a different destination I will fly to and lets not forget lots and different kinds of passengers I meet and deal with during whole flights.I have learnt a lot from – more... my previous jobs and have wide range of abilities and skills,including being able to deal with serious medical,safety or security problems which can happen any time. I work as a part of a team but I am also used to work on my own.The hardest part of the job is dealing with different passengers with different needs,or with language barriers.This is happening on daily bases,dealing with passengers.But to deal with any kind of emergency while airborne can be very serious and dangerous for me as a cabin crew member as well as for passengers.There are also very enjoyable parts of the job of course,which are flying to different destinations,meeting different people,every day being different and I am glad for being able to experience working as a cabin crew,which gave me lots of life and work related experiences. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Flight dispatcher (Former Employee), Palma de Mallorca AirportNovember 25, 2013
Pros: existing work field
Cons: few salary about accountability
Receiving and departing aircrafts all day long was simply AMAZING!

I have learned a lot about the aviation field, because I had managers with a lot of knowledge about this subject. And also, because my eager to learn.

My work-mates were simply amazing, very kind, and always in a teaching mood.

The hardest part of the job was to deal with some rude – more... commandants, but luckily were very few.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to meet a lot of new company mates everyday, and also to had work in a environment where you can see happy people (because they were arriving, or they were departing to many destinations). Is good to see happy people. – less
Fun workplace, random events
Aircraft Cabin Crew (Current Employee), Leeds, ENGNovember 5, 2013
Pros: staff travel
Cons: very early reports, really long days
Everyday is a different day, and it's difficult to predict what's coming. Although some persons are extremely difficult to handle, it's great to meet so many different people everyday.
One thing that I learned was to maintain composure and be polite even on difficult situations. Disruptive passengers appear frequently and resisting stress situations – more... is something that i gained during this time.
Majority of the co-workers are really nice and friendly people. Some more pro-active than others, but in every company that will always exist, it's part of the human nature.
Hardest part of the job is definitely the boarding. Some people take ages to take their seat, some of them just stay on the aisle in order to take several things from their bags, without realizing there's a huge queue behind them getting really impatient.
The best part of the job is definitely the people that we meet. I have made some good friends with passengers. For example, i met my current girlfriend on a flight, met some musicians with whom i play. – less
Big challenge in a Big Company
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee), DublinOctober 31, 2013
Perform any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial Accounts Payable data for use in maintaining accounting records. Enter invoices on SAP accounts package.Communicate with vendors and answer invoice payment queries. Process electronic payment run, foreign transfers and manual cheque.Confirm authorizations – more... and complete credit reference requests. Ensure compliance with all corporate policies. Provide support and information to finance team, and ensure all internal policies are enforced.
Complete period end tasks, including various reconciliation processes and analysis of outstanding items and credit listings
Prepare monthly Italian Vat report – less
Very productive with a wide scope
B1+C Licensed Engineer (Former Employee), Bergamo, LOMOctober 28, 2013
Pros: good travelling
Cons: high pressure
Ryanair is a very productive, high pressure company with no room for errors, and a wide scope of responsibilities
Easy Work, Low Earnings, Bad Working Conditions
Cabin Crew (Former Employee), Bremen, HBOctober 24, 2013
Cons: salary, no payment during sickness, no payed standby days, not enought flight hours, high taxation, no employees advantages
I do not recommand to anyone to work for Ryanair.
Working hours per month: cca 60 (in winter even less)
3 month of UNpayed leave a year
You are payed for SCHEDULE BLOCK HOURS (which means the time of boarding, diembarking, paperwork, delays are NOT payed)
Productive and fun place
Cabin Service Supervisor (Current Employee), BournemouthOctober 23, 2013
Pros: cheap staff flights
Cons: problems caused by delays
My day at work starts with briefing the crew before flight, making sure everybody knows their responsibilities. Then go on board and commence pre-departure inspection which is checking the equipment on board and board the passengers. Before take off the crew have to perform safety demonstration which I supervise. After take off we start with our sale – more... of food and drinks, followed by gift service. We have to ensure of safety and security of all crew and passengers at all times. It is my job to make sure all the procedures are followed with accordance to the company procedures. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the unforseen events such as delays and passengers complaints that come with them. The part of the job I enjoy the most is leading the team and the results we achieve together to make passengers happy. – less
Average workplace
Cabin Crew (Former Employee), DublinOctober 14, 2013
Pros: travel for free after a year as a worker
Cons: long hours, low pay
Too many hours
Learned about safety and security in an aircraft
Very demanding management for sales inside aircraft
Excellent co-workers
The sales and the working hours were the hardest part
Meeting new people
A few miles to high
Cabin Crew (Former Employee), London StanstedAugust 31, 2013
Pros: seeing europe out a window
Cons: long days
Alarm goes of at 3 am to drag your self out of bed from the maybe 2 hours of sleep you managed to grab.

You do the best you can to grab a cup of tea and put on the uniform your given and the make up spilled through your draw.

Eventually you find your self at the desk where you are to be briefed and asked your safety and first aid questions, in cabin – more... crew there is no space for hiccups.

You've got onto the aircraft and done all of your security checks knowing that this flight to Magaluf will defiantly be one to remember.

180 people ready to get on their summer holidays safely sat down and in the air the fun begins - In one flight you maybe able to serve drinks just the once - answering call bells throughout - you have sick bags to the ready and very quickly running out of change for the stag who just purchased the majority of the beer.

Your co-workers are hard working and honest people who have trained by your side getting the same high requirements you got to make sure no matter what - you are safe.

The flight is busy but going smooth - the four of you have got it all under control and before you know it just two and a half hours later you feel the heat hit you as you open the plane door - hardest part being you are not getting off - but you do get to clean up all that rubbish left a repeat your security checks.

Three more flights later repeating the "Get them on - Give them drinks - Get them off - attempt to clean" process you find your self at the same desk you started on checking money - filling out any first aid reports or incidents.

After leaving the house at 4 am you are back hopefully by 6pm.

The hardest part of the job wasn't the passengers or the challenge in which they threw to you, the hardest was letting them go on holiday while you clean dirty nappies of the floor.

The best part - Should any one really need your help - such as first aid, there may be chance that your involvement may have just saved their life. – less
Something different every day
Air Stewardess (Former Employee), Stansted AirportAugust 11, 2013
Pros: free dinners!
Cons: very long hours
i really enjoyed working for Ryanair, due to how closely with the public i had to work. I get great satisfaction out of knowing i have helped someone and kept them all safe. I got to work with different people every day, and travel to new destinations. A typical day at work would involve over 10 hours on an aircraft, travelling to 2 or maybe even 3 – more... destinations; helping passengers board and leave safely, caring for their every need whilst inflight The hardest part of the job was the very unsociable hours, the most enjoyable would have to be that it really was something different every day – less
Every day is a different day
Flight attendant (Current Employee), CharleroiJune 21, 2013
Sometimes I go to work in the early morning, sometimes I come back at night. I deal with business men, famous people, families, poor and rich. Listen to their complains and their appreciations, playing with kids, using a different language a different manner to each.
I enjoy been part of a team, time runs very quick every day, get all done either on – more... 4 hours flight or 50 mins, with a different crew a different team everyday. Some are good friends, some are not, but still having the same porpuse and working together with a professional attitude and a smile. Most of the time we have fun but we never forget we are responsible for the safety of 189 people.
Every day is a different day. – less
Varied and Challenging
Cabin Crew (Former Employee), Prestwick, ScotlandApril 22, 2013
Pros: standby days
Cons: long hours
A typical day would involve a start time as early as 5am on an early shift and finishing as late as midnight on a late shift. The average length of a shift would be approximately 9 hours, however it was not unusual to work up to 12 hour shifts and even longer, if delayed. The start of the day, would involve meeting the rest of your crew and supervisor – more... for a briefing, then going on board the aircraft to complete pre-departure inspections, receiving passengers, assisting them in any way possible, ensuring a speedy boarding process, performing the safety demonstration, securing the cabin for take off, serving drinks and snacks and preparing hot food during the flight as well as duty free goods, preparing the cabin for landing, disembarking passengers safely and carrying out security checks and general tidying of the aircraft in preparation for the next load of passengers. I learned the importance of time management and organisational skills, as well as the ability to communicate effectively with people, to resolve any issues, how to keep cool under pressure and most importantly team work. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and working alongside colleagues of different nationalities and cultures, developing good personal and professional relationships. The hardest part of the job would have to be coping with delays (which was frustrating for passengers and crew) as well dealing with passenger issues/ complaints, which was challenging at times, however training, resourceful thinking and an understanding attitude and tactful approach, always overcame any problems. – less

1 2 3

About Ryanair

Ryanair (RYAAY) is Europe's No.1 low fares airline, serving 146 routes from 11 European bases across 16 European countries. This – Read more

Ryanair Photos