August 30, 2013: Database Analyst / Administrator (DBA) - Rx Canada is currently seeking a mid- to senior level Oracle DBA to join our growing team. Work is to be conducted onsite at our Mississauga, ON office. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage, enhance and maintain database operation, system performance, database availability and data security.
- Develop and implement procedures to ensure the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of data stored in the database.
- Analyze functional specifications, designing and documentation technical specifications for data manipulation procedures, and mapping to the data model.
- Design, program, test, and debug data manipulation procedures using Oracle objects (procedures, triggers, functions, packages and views).
- Write complex scripts for data manipulation and management report generation.
- Provide consultative and technical support services to all major database development and systems integration, major tasks include test database creation, data conversion and simulation, prototyping, performance tuning, trouble shooting, space management, backup and recovery strategy and testing, data security and distributed database implementation.
- Participate in the development and enhancement of organizational data strategies.
- Control and coordinate database product software releases to ensure current and consistency, as well as data continuity.
- Recognize issues requiring escalation and proactively communicate to management.
- Evaluate and appraise new database software and products by interacting with software vendors/suppliers, attending seminars, conferences and workshops.
- 5 – 7 years extensive experience in Oracle 10g and 11g Production Database Administration (Oracle certification an asset).
- Excellent in data model design, device configuration, installation, stored procedures & packages PL/SQL and sql script writing, Sql*Loader, RMAN, Replication & Standby databases, database re-build / de-fragment techniques, logical & physical backup / recovery techniques.
- Ability to analyze, consolidate and tune database for optimal efficiency and database capacity planning.
- Experience with supporting data architecture development, data warehousing, meta data management, enterprise data integration, DB modeling and DB design.
- Experience with Unix Solaris O/S, RedHat Linux with working knowledge of Shell scripting.
- Previous experience or knowledge of pharmacy claims data.
- Demonstrated technical leadership on projects.
- Ability to multi-task and deliver high-quality solutions under tight timelines.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive professional relationships, encourage openness with customers and peers, co-workers, staff, and clients.
- Attention to detail and a high sense of accuracy in the creation of documentation, general communications, and data entry.