RW & Co Employee Reviews

Great company & it's Canadian!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 August 2017
I had tons of fun working with the people at RW&CO. Loved the clothes and the special lines they bring out. It is now my favorite store to shop for clothes in!!!
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
lots of folding and cleaning up
fun work place
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 June 2017
great place to work, people are very friendly, and always great with hours, staff is very understanding with changing shift and days off.
great place to work
Rw & co.
Storeroom Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK26 May 2017
A good job for a younger worker, able to work around students schedules and offers a good in store discount. The management was good and the environment was rather relaxing but very professional and we'll kept
Very Frustrating
Fashion Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 April 2017
I've been working at RW&Co for quite a while now, and I can safely say that although the company does teach you the basics to working a retail job, RW&Co is not a company I would reccommend staying with. I have experienced, and seen many other of my coworkers experience several difficult situations and instances while working in the company. Many of this has to do with hours. If you are not full-time, or not considered part of management, your hours will be very inconsistent. Being part time, I can recall several ocassions in which I had not had a shift for 3 weeks, and also several occassions where I would be working 30 hours a week. Many of my former coworkers have actually left the company because of the lack of hours that the company provides. This leads to my next point, which is that the company expects too much from it's employees. The company solely relies on it's employees to do everything in their right and will to make some sort of sale. In vice versa, the blame also goes to it's employees if the store does not reach some random target determined by the higher up managers. Making sales is obviously a given in a retail job, but RW&Co expects you to go "above and beyond" in helping the customer. The company wants you to put all of your effort towards making the sale at all times. This is very frustrating because when you eo happen to work hard and make a good sale and do a good job, the company does not recognize your hard work. You are expected to work extremely hard for sales, but do NOT get commission or recognition for your hard work. The company also expects it's  more... employees to dress in mostly RW&Co brand clothing. This is expected of course, but, the company expects that you also keep your wardrobe updated to every single released collection (which happens about twice a month). Even with the 50% off discount, this is highly unreasonable for many part time workers, especially if you are in a situation where you have not worked for 3 weeks due to a cut in hours. It feels as if you are literally forced to give your paycheck back to the company.  less
Pros
Great for experience, 50% off discount, Staff is always friendly
Cons
Terrible hours, High expectations for part time staff, Unorganized management
Daily Life at RW & CO.
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 March 2017
Usually depending on the traffic, if its super slow traffic the day feels super long but there is always tasks to do. Everyday you learn how stats how the store is doing within the week, month, yearly.
You get to understand the basis of numbers and how it works, especially for the management team, emails are primary way of communication, so all the current sales, memos, tasks they are all received from emails. Our store is usually a fasted pace environment, so each person has a spot and responsibility of each customer,
managers make sure the employees are following guidelines by being where they are supposed to be at all times, and following them on update every half hour of the sales, traffic, and how we can improve to do better. The challenging part is it is very stressful since each member that is part of management team has a segment which is a sale goal that they have to make at the end of the segment, it makes you aware of the competition between other stores, and also towards the other team member. There is always competition in everyday sales but the most positive thing about the environment is that the associates do get along, they make sure they have good communication with their customers for providing excellent service.
Pros
competitive
Cons
not enough hours
Productive and fun place to work at.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 February 2017
RW & Co is a great place to work at and is very beneficial specially in getting the experience you need in the retail industry. Interacting with customers on day to day bases is also a great experience in itself.
cool meetings
Merchandising / Fashion Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 January 2017
Typical day at work wasn't too busy even if it was busy the working environment wasn't too over whelming.
Things i learnt to do is to do things efficiently and on time
the management has awesome way of managing things very neatly.
Work culture lot of diversity among working staff.
it was definitely trying to figure how to fold the clothes the way of company standards.
The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely getting to meet new people interact with them making new friends also hanging out with the staff member's was awesome.
Pros
great salary awesome management
Cons
little more storage place is needed. I like everything organized.
Great work place with amazing co-workers.
Fashion/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON26 January 2017
When I first started, I did not have much responsibility but as time went on, my manager gave me more responsibility and put me in charge of the new hires.
Pros
Amazing staff members.
Cons
Low traffic rates.
Great place with amazing discounts
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON29 September 2016
Great workplace, always nice to look professionally and upright.
Amazing discounts on merchandise
very friendly environment
calm and easy workplace
understanding management
Pros
great discount, enjoyable envirnment
Cons
hard to advance, very late hours at least once a month
My first awesome work place!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON15 November 2015
The managers and colleagues was very nice and thought me many thing that I need to know about retail. I could not ask for more to be part of their team!
Pros
Friendly working enviroment!

Want to know more about RW & Co?

Ask a question
experience
Fashion Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 October 2015
I gained some friends during my time there.I learned a lot about myself being in retail and I also was a team lead at one time.
good staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB26 August 2015
Work was consisted of folding clothes, keeping customers happy .Hours were not ideal barely enough to cover bills. Management did not know what they were doing or how to manage a team.
Pros
free gift cards
Cons
no hours
not a good company to work for to secure yourself any type of future
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  square one8 April 2015
the company has poor communication. no room to advance or move up. you work like a dog and there is no credit, thanks, or acknowledgement given.
lack of upper mgmt support
manager (Former Employee) –  toronto2 March 2015
I had high hopes starting at the company that a few of my friends had been working for. However, I hardly saw my district manager and she hardly even called to give support. Whenever she did come by it wasn't to acknowledge all the hard work that was done but be pinpoint what needed to be corrected. She was never available when really needed and it made it hard to get things done properly.
Although I like the team at the store, the product, sales, results expected were unrealistic for the current trend and no one cared to ask our opinions on what could be done for improvement.
I found there was no room for advancement or even development from head office.
Pros
great employee discount
Cons
poor communication on everything
Worst Job to ever have
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Regina,sk10 June 2014
Horrible unprofessional staff,and lack of management, lack of fashion background.
Pros
the pay
Cons
the hours, the management, the staff
Easy Going, Good Strategized Selling Techniques
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 March 2014
Meeting sales goals and styling for clients. The occasional stockroom steaming, and organizating. Management was fair and always encouraging. Our team at the time was very supportive and fun to work with.
Nice comforting management helped make the environment friendly
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario26 July 2013
Worked majority of my time at RW & Co. during winter break, it is the peak of shopping since everyone wants to buy gifts. Due to this circumstance the work load I had to manage during this occupation was immense, I was marking down products, shelving unwanted clothes, working the floor, waxing the metal, rearranging the items in style, etc. It was my first retail experience and since it was so tough it built character in me causing me to react quickly to customers and always keep be fast pace to ensure that work is being done accurately and efficiently. My co-workers were a big part of my success in this company because they welcomed me with open arms ,and me being new, I didn't know much about the job. On the first day they took time off to show me how to correctly do everything that must be done.This helped get me on track fast and created some type of chemistry between my co-workers and I. Any workplace that offers friendly attitudes towards newly appointed members is always a better place to be. Although it was enjoyable it was definitely difficult.The hardest part of the job was the first day, learning the ropes and dealing with customers demands as well as stocking everything in place was some of the stuff I had to deal with on that day. Once I learned the ropes and became comfortable speaking to customers and moving around the floor the job became like another task which I could manage. All and all the experience in RW & Co. was fun but I would love to take what I learned from this store and apply it somewhere else where I can learn more skills and gain new experience.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
winter break madness
Fast pace job with great environment.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 July 2013
You're always on your feet. Meeting store target and keeping conversion target as budgeted. Helping fashion associated meet their targets and coaching when needed. Receiving merchandise and changing store visually to incorporate new product. Love the energy and passion of the store. Great customer service and amazing team.
Educational
Manager In Training (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2013
A typical day at RW&CO for me was always fun and challenging
I learned more responsibility.
Management was at times too easy going for me.
my co workers were ok.
Hardest part of the job for me was getting acknowledged for a job well done.
The most enjoyable part for me was the interaction
Pros
establishing great relationships with customers
Cons
dress code
Productive, excellent customer loyalty and satisfaction
Supervisor Key holder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta7 March 2013
The day would begin with opening the store, balancing daily cash registers and preparing proper floats. Ensuring the tidyness and upkeep of the store was up to par to begin the day.
I learned that hard work pays off with not only your employers but with your customers as well. It feels good to have your customers request your fashion advice and assistance while shopping in your store.
I began as a sales associate and was quickly advanced to the position of keyholder. I was assistant manager in training until it came time that I had to move back to ontario. It was unfortunate but at the time my position was not transferable.
My co-workers were hardworking for the most part. I find there is always someone cutting corners and doing what they can to do as least work as possible. I would always pick up the slack for them, and I let it go unidentified twice but when the third time came around as part of management and a dedicated employee I had to bring to the attention of higher management. I believe in the end this person quit or was let go.
The most enjoyable part was working with the customers. From assisting with fashion sense to just overall conversation I enjoy people. I enjoy the challenge of an upset customer and the test to see if I can keep them and thier brand loyalty to our company. I can honestly say I have always been able to fix or change issues to the point where our customer is a continuos customer and in some instances they are happier than they ever were with our service and products after I have settled an issue.
Pros
alot of hours, visual merchandising, and always over achieving sales goals.
Cons
the fact that the job was not transferable from alberta to ontario at that time.