RW & Co

RW & Co Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Easy Going, Good Strategized Selling Techniques
Retail Assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 8, 2014
Meeting sales goals and styling for clients. The occasional stockroom steaming, and organizating. Management was fair and always encouraging. Our team at the time was very supportive and fun to work with.
Nice comforting management helped make the environment friendly
Sales associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioJuly 26, 2013
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: winter break madness
Worked majority of my time at RW & Co. during winter break, it is the peak of shopping since everyone wants to buy gifts. Due to this circumstance the work load I had to manage during this occupation was immense, I was marking down products, shelving unwanted clothes, working the floor, waxing the metal, rearranging the items in style, etc. It was my – more... first retail experience and since it was so tough it built character in me causing me to react quickly to customers and always keep be fast pace to ensure that work is being done accurately and efficiently. My co-workers were a big part of my success in this company because they welcomed me with open arms ,and me being new, I didn't know much about the job. On the first day they took time off to show me how to correctly do everything that must be done.This helped get me on track fast and created some type of chemistry between my co-workers and I. Any workplace that offers friendly attitudes towards newly appointed members is always a better place to be. Although it was enjoyable it was definitely difficult.The hardest part of the job was the first day, learning the ropes and dealing with customers demands as well as stocking everything in place was some of the stuff I had to deal with on that day. Once I learned the ropes and became comfortable speaking to customers and moving around the floor the job became like another task which I could manage. All and all the experience in RW & Co. was fun but I would love to take what I learned from this store and apply it somewhere else where I can learn more skills and gain new experience. – less
Fast pace job with great environment.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 26, 2013
You're always on your feet. Meeting store target and keeping conversion target as budgeted. Helping fashion associated meet their targets and coaching when needed. Receiving merchandise and changing store visually to incorporate new product. Love the energy and passion of the store. Great customer service and amazing team.
Educational
Manager In Training (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 20, 2013
Pros: establishing great relationships with customers
Cons: dress code
A typical day at RW&CO for me was always fun and challenging
I learned more responsibility.
Management was at times too easy going for me.
my co workers were ok.
Hardest part of the job for me was getting acknowledged for a job well done.
The most enjoyable part for me was the interaction
Productive, excellent customer loyalty and satisfaction
Supervisor Key holder (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaMarch 7, 2013
Pros: alot of hours, visual merchandising, and always over achieving sales goals.
Cons: the fact that the job was not transferable from alberta to ontario at that time.
The day would begin with opening the store, balancing daily cash registers and preparing proper floats. Ensuring the tidyness and upkeep of the store was up to par to begin the day.
I learned that hard work pays off with not only your employers but with your customers as well. It feels good to have your customers request your fashion advice and assistance – more... while shopping in your store.
I began as a sales associate and was quickly advanced to the position of keyholder. I was assistant manager in training until it came time that I had to move back to ontario. It was unfortunate but at the time my position was not transferable.
My co-workers were hardworking for the most part. I find there is always someone cutting corners and doing what they can to do as least work as possible. I would always pick up the slack for them, and I let it go unidentified twice but when the third time came around as part of management and a dedicated employee I had to bring to the attention of higher management. I believe in the end this person quit or was let go.
The most enjoyable part was working with the customers. From assisting with fashion sense to just overall conversation I enjoy people. I enjoy the challenge of an upset customer and the test to see if I can keep them and thier brand loyalty to our company. I can honestly say I have always been able to fix or change issues to the point where our customer is a continuos customer and in some instances they are happier than they ever were with our service and products after I have settled an issue. – less