Ruth Rumack’s Learning Space is an educational support centre located in downtown Toronto. We teach students in one-to-one and small group settings, and design individualized lesson plans to help students achieve academic and lifelong success. We teach students from K-12 with learning differences and unique learning needs, as well as students requiring enrichment and standardized test prep.
Currently, we are seeking a full-time employee for the position of Learning Specialist. Our Learning Specialists teach in a variety of areas including literacy, math, and homework support. Our teachers are highly educated, motivated, and strive to provide exceptional support to students in innovative ways. We use a holistic approach, as we work in collaboration with classroom teachers, parents, and other educational professionals to help students reach their full potential.
- OCT certified teacher or equivalent
- Teachers with primary, junior, intermediate or senior level qualifications and experience
- At least 2 years of experience teaching students with a variety of educational needs
- Excellent command of the English language
- Experience teaching direct instruction programs an asset
- Special Education qualifications or experience an asset
- Experience integrating technology into lessons
- Interest in developing student curriculum and programs
- Adaptable, flexible and motivated
This is a unique opportunity for teachers looking to be part of a dynamic and collaborative team of educators. We offer a comprehensive professional development program, including in-house and offsite workshops and subsidized AQ courses after one year of work.
Please note that this is not an ESL or tutoring position; as such, please do not refer to “ESL” or “tutoring” in the subject line of your email. Typical teachers’ hours are Monday to Thursday 11-7 or 12-8 and Saturday 9-5.
Visit us at www.ruthrumack.com for more information about the quality of service we provide. Qualified applicants will be emailed a list of follow-up questions regarding their educational philosophy, and from there an interview will be scheduled.