We are seeking a results-oriented and motivated individual to provide professional administrative services for our Edmonton Head Office. A high level of organizational skills, strong attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential to this role.
This position is Monday to Friday with a salary of $39,617 - $42,093 per annum and includes 100% employer paid benefits –life insurance, critical illness, prescription, dental and vision care - as well as a generous pension.
Rupertsland Institute, an affiliate of the Métis Nation of Alberta, operates in multiple locations across Alberta to develop and deliver programming and services to the Alberta Métis population in relation to the labour market and education assistance.
The Administrative Assistant is the main point of contact for RLI; position responsibilities include:
- Scheduling meetings and taking care of boardroom needs. (Making coffee, ordering lunch or refreshments, audio visual requirements)
- Assists in the management of the CEO & Director’s calendar
- Arrange travel for RLI staff, booking airfare, hotels and other arrangements as needed using the most economical and efficient method. Ensure arrangement details and confirmations are sent to the appropriate staff
- Assist in the arrangement of conferences. Arrange meetings, teleconference meetings, staff training sessions. Determine objectives and requirements of events. Negotiate rates with suppliers and prepare costs analysis, ensure catering, audio-visual equipment, travel and other necessary arrangements are made. Follow-up to deal with problems as they arise
- Order supplies; prepare purchase orders and cheque requisitions for proper approval. Provide copies of visa purchases to finance
- Ensure board information is prepared and updated prior to the next meeting
- Prepare correspondence, forms, up-to-date staff lists, reports as needed or directed by the CEO, Director or Associate Director
- Ensure office equipment such as fax, photocopiers, teleconference equipment is in working order. Arrange repairs and maintenance as required
- Ability to travel as required to fulfil the responsibilities of the position
- Assume additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor
To Fit the Role:
You have post-secondary education in Business Administration or 2 to 3 years of experience working in a wide variety of administrative functions. You are knowledgeable of record management techniques and are familiar with Microsoft Office software. You are able to work effectively in situations involving rapid change, shifting priorities, and/or simultaneous demands. You have the ability to ensure regular work is performed accurately while responding to multiple interruptions and immediate tasks. Event planning experience is an asset.
Please send your resume including cover letter to Bonnet Svy via e-mail or fax 780.801.9992 and start your exciting new career today!
Deadline for application: December 1st, 2013
*Note – Please quote ADMIN in the subject line of your email and within your cover letter. Rupertsland Institute thanks all applicants for their interest; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
We invite you to visit www.rupertsland.org to learn more about Rupertsland Institute!