Technical Support Specialist - Temporary Full-time (3 Months)
(JP #: TSS-1213)
If you would like to work with a team of professionals who are committed to enriching the lives of patients we invite you to join Runnymede Healthcare Centre as a Technical Support Specialist.
The Technical Support Specialist is responsible for the maintenance, support, and security of all the information technology (including telecommunications and audio visual) required to support Hospital operations. The Technical Support Specialist also provides expert technical support for all internal users employing a high degree of customer service, technical expertise, and may also be assigned to technology related projects.
- Provide end-user technical support for PCs, peripherals, telecom devices, and audio visual equipment
- Provide active directory, exchange, and collaboration support
- Provide day-today network and data centre operations including maintenance of WAN, LAN, SAN, switches, servers, back-ups, wireless, telephone system, etc.
- Provide security devices administration and configuration, such as firewalls, intrusion detection system, intrusion prevention system, anti-spam, anti-virus.
- Perform moves, adds and changes of software and hardware for all equipment
- Conduct problem recognition, investigation, resolution and follow-up steps
- Apply change management procedures in the application of vendor patches/upgrades and customer enhancement requests
- Record all Incident, Service, and Change Requests in ticket system
- Document and conduct system monitoring to reduce potential for system downtime
- Review vendor support sites for upgrade information, release schedules, notifications, and product enhancements
- Track and maintain inventories
- Assume ‘on-call’ responsibilities as per Hospital policy
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications/experience:
- Diploma or post-secondary education in Computer Science
- One or more of the following certifications: Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), A+ Certified Technician, Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technicians (MCDST), Microsoft Certified Systems Administrators (MCSA), Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS), Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE), Certified Network Engineer (CNE or CNE/NT) or Certified Network Administrator
- 3-5 years of experience in a related IT position
- Experience in the healthcare industry or in a similar production/service environment
- Windows Desktop Operating Systems (XP, Vista, Windows 7), Windows Server Operating Systems (2003, 2008 R2),
- Active Directory, Group Policy, IIS, MS SQL 2010, Oracle 10g, MS Exchange 2010
- Backup Tools, Software and Libraries/Autoloaders, Storage Area Networks (iSCSI SAN)
- Office Productivity Tools: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio
- Broad range of telecommunications, network, and desktop knowledge is highly desirable, including principal experience in one of the following groups: Citrix Xen App, Desktops and related O/S, Active Directory, Exchange/Collaboration, Back-up/recovers, Voice and Audio Visual Technologies or Switching, Security Infrastructure, SAN, VMware,
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; customer service etiquette
- Ability to organize multiple deliverables and respond to changing priorities
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Strong oral & written communication skills, with exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
While we thank all applicants only those under consideration for the position will be contacted.
Runnymede is committed to employment equity and recruitment and hiring practices will be modified to accommodate an applicant’s disabilities if requested.
Indeed - 11 months ago