Pharmacist – Full-time
(JP #: PHA-0714)
If you would like to work with a team of professionals who are committed to enriching the lives of patients we invite you to join Runnymede Healthcare Centre as a Pharmacist.
The pharmacist provides patient-focused care in partnership with the patient, their family and other healthcare providers in order to meet our patients’ drug-related needs and outcomes. The pharmacist also provides patient-centered care by completing Medication Reconciliations, maintaining Patient Medication Profiles and attending Interprofessional Team Rounds.
- Dispense and distribute medication to the patient care units, ensuring that medications are consistently available to nursing staff for patient administration.
- Identify, prevent and resolve medication-related issues by pre-screening prescriptions prior to computer entry, completing Medication Reconciliations on Admission and Discharge, conducting medication reviews, liaising with other healthcare professionals, and participating in Interprofessional Team Rounds.
- Provide specialized pharmaceutical services to improve drug usage and therapeutic outcomes that may include advising physicians on issues concerning drug therapy, the inherent toxicity and side effects, as well as assisting in the determination of appropriate doses.
- Supervise Pharmacy Technicians, and provide input to Pharmacy Manager regarding their annual performance review.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications/experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Pharmacy from a recognized University
- Current License with the Ontario College of Pharmacists, Part A of the Register
- Proof of professional liability insurance coverage
- Minimum two (2) years experience in a Rehabilitation/Complex Continuing Care Hospital or Acute Care Hospital preferred.
- Familiarity with medical operations programs and drug information software
- Completion of ongoing post-graduate professional development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work co-operatively within an interprofessional team
- Excellent organizational skills, and ability to prioritize and manage workload
- Demonstrates critical thinking/problem solving skills
While we thank all applicants only those under consideration for the position will be contacted.
Runnymede is committed to employment equity and recruitment and hiring practices will be modified to accommodate an applicant’s disabilities if required.