Patient Care Unit Administrative Assistant – Casual
If you would like to work with a team of professionals who are committed to enriching the lives of patients we invite you to join Runnymede Healthcare Centre as a Patient Care Unit Administrative Assistant (PCUAA).
The PCUAA provides administrative support to the patient care unit, staff and physicians. He/she ensures that the patient care unit is organized, standardized in a uniform manner, tidy and has sufficient nursing staff on all shifts. He/she is a key contact for patients, substitute decision makers, families and visitors.
- Conducts reception duties such as answering phones, receiving messages, filing, data maintenance, and maintenance of active patient health records
- Performs administrative duties including typing, photocopying, shredding and faxing in a timely manner
- Schedules patient transportation, escorts and outings as required
- Maintains policy and procedure manuals, bulletin boards and communication binders
- Schedules staff in compliance with staffing policies and procedures and collective agreement to ensure the appropriate staff mix and number of staff for each shift and immediately notifies the Patient Care Manager of any issues
The successful candidate will posses the following qualifications/experience:
- College diploma or equivalent experience. Medical Administration/Terminology Course preferred.
- One year of administrative experience in a hospital setting preferred.
- Proficient with Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office programs
- Minimum 45 words per minute keyboarding speed with high accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage workload
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
While we thank all applicants only those under consideration for the position will be contacted.