Budget and Financial Reporting Officer
If you would like to work with a team of professionals who are committed to enriching the lives of patients we invite you to join Runnymede Healthcare Centre as a Budget and Financial Reporting Officer.
The Budget and Financial Reporting Officer is responsible for the Ministry, MIS and other government reporting; leading the annual budget process; balance sheet accounting, and overall integrity of the revenue and expense accounts of the organization. The officer provides business intelligence and analytical support for evidence based decision making. This role works closely with managers of the organization to ensure integrity of the management reports, is committed to quality improvements with an ability to see beyond the members.
- Preparation and analysis of the following statements: Income Statement variance reporting, quarterly MIS trial balance for the MOHLTC, case costing submissions, annual budgets, payroll reports, statistical reporting and other reports as assigned
- Providing leadership in the annual budget process in determining process and system requirements, timelines and tabulation
- Data mining, extraction, analysis, interpretation, presentation and dissemination of various performance measures related to clinical and non-clinical programs, the balanced scorecard, strategic plan, Quality Improvement Plan and financial reporting
- Advise on indicators and benchmarks to develop efficiency targets in alignment with the hospital strategic plan, and prepare monthly corporate indicator reports
- Assist managers in budget and forecast preparation and maintenance by clarifying financial information, providing advice and guidance, and resolving any issues regarding financial reporting requirements
- Preparation of month end financial analysis
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications/experience:
- Degree in Business Administration or Commerce from a recognized University
- CGA or CMA designation
- Minimum 5 years of financial experience with at least 2 years as a senior financial analyst
- Sound knowledge of Hospital financial accounting principles and reporting requirements, MIS guidelines and OHRS
- Data mining expertise, with extremely strong Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups, IF statements)
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience using ERP systems such as Great Plains
- Proven ability to work independently on complex projects and ability to lead initiatives as required
While we thank all applicants only those under consideration for the position will be contacted.
Runnymede is committed to employment equity and recruitment and hiring practices will be modified to accommodate an applicant’s disabilities if requested.
Indeed - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard