Intermediate ASP.NET Software Developer
We are looking for a dedicated and passionate Intermediate ASP.NET Software Developer to join our talented and exciting team. We are a small established and growing company with a stable client group that is comprised largely of government agencies in the legal and health care sectors. Our office is centrally located in the heart of Toronto’s financial distinct. The initial contract will be six months with the possibility for extension.
The successful candidate will be working on creating new applications and providing updates to current systems to add new functionality. Your primary responsibilities will include designing and developing web applications and WCF web services using ASP.NET and Microsoft SQL Server databases in n-tier architectures. Ideally you will also be able to providing support to the internal business staff and external clients on the functionality of the application. You must be committed to working with the team to achieve the defined goals and have a strong desire to succeed. Having the skills to implement and maintain network infrastructures running Windows 2008 R2 including MS Exchange, Domain Controller and Shared Drives servers would be a strong asset.
Our clients are stable and are largely government agencies in the legal and health care sectors.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years professional experience with Microsoft SQL Server including ability to create stored procedures, join tables and use SQL Server Management Studio
- 2+ years professional experience in all stages of design, development, implementation, testing, and deployment of software systems, especially web-based.
- Experience with SharePoint integration
- The ability to work in a collaborative and agile environment using an iterative & incremental approach to development
- Experience with high traffic, load-balanced, secure, and redundant applications
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Creates detailed software specifications based on requirements
- Ability to develop software code based on detailed requirements documentation
- Utilizes in-depth development, technical and design expertise in .NET, ASP.NET, C#, XML technologies, and SQL-Server
- Ability to actually estimate development tasks and time from requirements
- Reviews and validates software to ensure it meets requirements and specifications
- Enforces and evolves software development standards and best practices.
Please email your resume and desired salary with 'Software Developer' in the subject line.
Indeed - 12 months ago