RSC Equipment Rental

• Salary/Benefits
Solid Company
General Manager (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAApril 23, 2013
Very good place to work. Recently purchased by United Equipment Rental
long hours working shut downs,
Inside Sales (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXApril 17, 2013
Pros: good co.
Cons: wouldnt promote
Loved working there,would love to go back and work there again.Only reason I left I was offered an outside sales position with better compensation
Not for the weak at heart
BRANCH SUPERVISOR/INSIDE SALES REP (Former Employee), Corpus ChristiMarch 1, 2013
None stop work from 7am to 5pm. I would not recommend this job for anyone who cannot multitask. This is a very demanding job.
Lots of opportunities
Sales manager/Floor manager (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 22, 2013
I had lots of opportunities for advancment with this company. The benifits were second to none.
Was a great company to work for
INSIDE SALES (Former Employee), FloridaJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: great team environment in my area
Cons: sold out and laid us off
Was a good company to be a part of before the buyout. Our area had a very good team of workers and it was fun to be at work with great people.
n/a
Truck Driver, Heavy (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAJanuary 2, 2013
Give directions to laborers who are packing goods and moving them onto trailers.
Perform emergency roadside repairs, such as changing tires or installing light bulbs, tire chains, or spark plugs.
Collaborate with other drivers as part of a driving team on some trips.
Operate trucks equipped with snowplows or sander attachments to maintain roads in winter – more... weather.
Install or remove special equipment, such as tire chains, grader blades, plow blades, or sanders.
Place empty carts and pallets in trailers so they will be available to facilitate placement and movement of goods.
Drive electric or hybrid-electric powered trucks or alternative fuel-powered trucks to transport and deliver products, livestock, or other materials.
Operate idle reduction systems or auxiliary power systems to generate power from alternative sources, such as fuel cells, to reduce idling time, to heat or cool truck cabins, or to provide power for other equipment.
Plan or adjust routes based on changing conditions, using computer equipment, global positioning systems (GPS) equipment, or other navigation devices to minimize fuel consumption and carbon emissions. – less
Productive and fast paced.
Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City, MONovember 26, 2012
Pros: people
Cons: market saturation
My job was solving problems and also finding ways to address customer expectations by way of price and schedule.
Good company
Head of Infrastructure (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: small
Cons: short enagagements
Good company, was once a staffing compnay but now looking to create a professional service practice.
Consolidated with United Rentals to create worlds largest equipment rental company
District Manager-Southern CA (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAAugust 24, 2012
Pros: large network of location
Cons: .
Ever changing environment required the ability to quickly change course
Great Place To Work, Good People
Operations Technician (Former Employee), Charleston, SCAugust 16, 2012
Getting to know all the customer, People I work with and there families,
Good team culture
Senior Payroll Manager (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 16, 2012
Pros: bagels on fridays
Cons: rsc went through a merger.
There was a flexible work environment with minimal supervision. Felt apart of the leadership team and worked hard to maintain an effective and efficient payroll department.
Was a great place to start my accounting career.
General Ledger Accountant (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 16, 2012
Pros: great management on all levels; terrific work culture.
Cons: we got bought out. sadly, the job went away.
Best job I ever had :) Wonderful work culture with great coworkers. If you did your job right, you were left alone to do your thing....no micromanaging. However we had great teamwork in the accounting department. We were very united and devoted to one another.

The CEO, CFO, and the vast majority of Vice Presidents were in our Scottsdale office. But – more... it was far from stuffy. On the contrary, they were very supportive people with open door policies across the board.

That's not to say we had it easy. Weekend work was not out of the question, especially as month (and quarter and year) end closes approached. As accountants, we all knew this was part of the deal. So we knocked it out. – less
Bad Managment.
Inside Sales (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXAugust 4, 2012
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: bad managment.
Good co-workers. Not much opportunity for advancement.Not much overtime during winter season.
Goo Company
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAJuly 24, 2012
Now as a part of United it should be able to thrive. Was a good company. Where they went wrong was when they tried to employee all the enterprise car rental personnel
Best rental company in the business
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, MNJuly 23, 2012
RSC was hands-down the best place to work in the rental business. Although not perfect, it far out-matched its competitors.
RSC Equipment Rental
District Sales Manager (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 22, 2012
Currently going through a large merger

Typical day starts at 6:30 and ends at 5:30. Very fast paced
I learned about managing people, outside sales tactics, and value selling.
Co Workers are the best you can ask for. Very close nit company with a very local feel to a large corporation.
CAUTION, FALLING ROCKS!!
Senior General Manager (Former Employee), usaJuly 17, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: management games!!!
came over from Hertz for 6 years, the economy took a dive and they instantly looked for Senior Manager payroll to chop. Came up with some unsupported trash to force reignation, all unfounded or unsupported but given no choice.
A GREAT PLACE TO WORK. YOU RECIVED TRAINING ON THE EQUIPMENT THAT YOU WORKKED ON
Mechanic A (Former Employee), Burlington, KSJuly 16, 2012
Pros: good management
Cons: had to work overtime.
I WISH I STILL WORK THERE. BUT UNITED RENTALS BUY OUT OF RSC RENTALS TOOK MY JOB
Fast paced environment with lots of variety
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJuly 2, 2012
Pros: good benefit package, company vehicle
Cons: no time for lunch, eating on the run.
A typical day started at 6:30 am opening the store and getting ready for the day. Customers started coming in at 7:00 am, and developing relationships with them is the most enjoyable part of the job. The thing I learned and practiced the most was multitasking. I developed ways to get a variety of tasks done on time with multiple interruptions.
RSC was a good company to work for.
Branch Supervisor (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCJune 28, 2012
Pros: benifits
Cons: management not trust worthy
RSC was a very good company to work for. When they were bought out is when it chasnged.

About RSC Equipment Rental

No cash to buy a bulldozer? No worries -- just lease one from United Rentals. The company¬†considers itself¬†the #1 commercial and – Read more