RSC Equipment Rental

RSC Equipment Rental Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Enjoyed working with and help customers.
Senior Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZJuly 23, 2013
Showed me I am a very caring person when responding to my customers. The hardest part of my job was when office closed. Saying goodbye to my customers and fellow workers in the office.
Good- overall great place to work
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Clifton, COJuly 13, 2013
Overall this was a great place to work. Unfortunately, many of the values of RSC changed when United acquisition occured.
Always had something to be productive with
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Sulphur, LAJuly 8, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: pay scale could have been higher.
Worked some long hours during the day, but always able to go home. Learned a lot about maintenance and major to minor repairs on various construction equipment. Benefits were great.
Monthly employee collection contests and office group luncheons
Regional Credit Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 20, 2013
Pros: working with my assist managers in achieving metrics.
Cons: working with "bad-debt" accounts, meeting the legal demands in the various states often out of my control.
Excellent work environment, worked closely with staff, Assist Credit Managers & various department heads & all employees. Evaluated and approved or denied all marginal credit applications. Held weekly roundtable meetings with entire office to discuss and receive feedback. Worked closely with our various attorneys in the field to review legal collection – more... progress and/or whether to close collection files. Legal problem files proved the most difficult aspect of the daily work and was always a learning process and provided the biggest challenge. Reviewing customer payment problems and hold discussions to in an effort to work out mutual payment plans. Working direct with the customer providing good customer service was another enjoyable area of the daily activity. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was in achieving benchmarks and metric goals. – less
Rsc Services
Janitorial (Current Employee), Lansing, MIJune 2, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work is working around people to clean office space.
Learning how to run own business.
This is a family owned company, I am currently the only one working.
My branch was a great place to work
Field Mechanic level 4 (Former Employee), liberal ksMay 14, 2013
4 do a safety check and overall inspection for defects
5 fix equipment and get the customer back on task
6 make sure everyone is happy and notify if further repairs are needed
7 on to the next task
The hardest part is keeping – more... the customer calm and reassure him of the plan.
the most enjoyable part is the satisfaction and the repair or the machine. – less
Great place to start and retire from
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Tulsa, OklahomaMay 12, 2013
Executive management cares about the employees mentoring atmosphere
United Rentals is a decent company to work for.
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Grand Jct, COApril 29, 2013
Pros: unlimited compensation program
Cons: long working hours including weekends and holidays, lots of middle management from the top.
RSC/United Rentals has given me the ability to go out and do what I love as far as any sales job goes. I get to meet new customers and work with equipment. That is the most satisfying part of the job. If given the right territory, it's a satisfying sales job.
Solid Company
General Manager (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAApril 23, 2013
Very good place to work. Recently purchased by United Equipment Rental
long hours working shut downs,
Inside Sales (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXApril 17, 2013
Pros: good co.
Cons: wouldnt promote
Loved working there,would love to go back and work there again.Only reason I left I was offered an outside sales position with better compensation
Not for the weak at heart
BRANCH SUPERVISOR/INSIDE SALES REP (Former Employee), Corpus ChristiMarch 1, 2013
None stop work from 7am to 5pm. I would not recommend this job for anyone who cannot multitask. This is a very demanding job.
Lots of opportunities
Sales manager/Floor manager (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 22, 2013
I had lots of opportunities for advancment with this company. The benifits were second to none.
Was a great company to work for
INSIDE SALES (Former Employee), FloridaJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: great team environment in my area
Cons: sold out and laid us off
Was a good company to be a part of before the buyout. Our area had a very good team of workers and it was fun to be at work with great people.
n/a
Truck Driver, Heavy (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAJanuary 2, 2013
Give directions to laborers who are packing goods and moving them onto trailers.
Perform emergency roadside repairs, such as changing tires or installing light bulbs, tire chains, or spark plugs.
Collaborate with other drivers as part of a driving team on some trips.
Operate trucks equipped with snowplows or sander attachments to maintain roads in winter – more... weather.
Install or remove special equipment, such as tire chains, grader blades, plow blades, or sanders.
Place empty carts and pallets in trailers so they will be available to facilitate placement and movement of goods.
Drive electric or hybrid-electric powered trucks or alternative fuel-powered trucks to transport and deliver products, livestock, or other materials.
Operate idle reduction systems or auxiliary power systems to generate power from alternative sources, such as fuel cells, to reduce idling time, to heat or cool truck cabins, or to provide power for other equipment.
Plan or adjust routes based on changing conditions, using computer equipment, global positioning systems (GPS) equipment, or other navigation devices to minimize fuel consumption and carbon emissions. – less
Productive and fast paced.
Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City, MONovember 26, 2012
Pros: people
Cons: market saturation
My job was solving problems and also finding ways to address customer expectations by way of price and schedule.
Good company
Head of Infrastructure (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: small
Cons: short enagagements
Good company, was once a staffing compnay but now looking to create a professional service practice.
Consolidated with United Rentals to create worlds largest equipment rental company
District Manager-Southern CA (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAAugust 24, 2012
Pros: large network of location
Cons: .
Ever changing environment required the ability to quickly change course
Great Place To Work, Good People
Operations Technician (Former Employee), Charleston, SCAugust 16, 2012
Getting to know all the customer, People I work with and there families,
Good team culture
Senior Payroll Manager (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 16, 2012
Pros: bagels on fridays
Cons: rsc went through a merger.
There was a flexible work environment with minimal supervision. Felt apart of the leadership team and worked hard to maintain an effective and efficient payroll department.
Was a great place to start my accounting career.
General Ledger Accountant (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 16, 2012
Pros: great management on all levels; terrific work culture.
Cons: we got bought out. sadly, the job went away.
Best job I ever had :) Wonderful work culture with great coworkers. If you did your job right, you were left alone to do your thing....no micromanaging. However we had great teamwork in the accounting department. We were very united and devoted to one another.

The CEO, CFO, and the vast majority of Vice Presidents were in our Scottsdale office. But – more... it was far from stuffy. On the contrary, they were very supportive people with open door policies across the board.

That's not to say we had it easy. Weekend work was not out of the question, especially as month (and quarter and year) end closes approached. As accountants, we all knew this was part of the deal. So we knocked it out. – less

About RSC Equipment Rental

No cash to buy a bulldozer? No worries -- just lease one from United Rentals. The company¬†considers itself¬†the #1 commercial and – Read more