RR Donnelley Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
People were pleasant to work with. Trained you well.
Materials Packer (Former Employee) –  Fergus, ON17 September 2017
I enjoyed everyone I worked with, we all got along great.
Training was well done, caught on quickly. Always kept busy.
If I had any questions I wasn't afraid to ask. Enjoyed all the time I had until I moved to the city.
Pros
Friendly people. Good pay.
Cons
Night shift.
Horrible Management....very poor moral. People are over worked and under appreciated.
EHSQ Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fergus, ON21 July 2017
A typical day involves no direction but the expectation is that you just automatically know what needs to be done, where to find the forms or what ever you need at that time.
Sink or swim mentality from the management but all the employees work as a team very well. My theory is because everyone is in the same sinking ship and trying to make it better for each other.

No benefits
No retirement
Pros
Accomodating with family emergencies.
Cons
No future
Financial printing company
Marketing and Sales Administrator (contract) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 June 2017
RR Donnelley prints the financial public information for large companies such as IPO; Initial Public Offering. They also print marketing material for health care offices such as dentists and optometrists.

It is a small office, only nine people so that can be an advantage to work culture; you're not a number.

The hardest part about the job was having all your resources being in Toronto and the two hour time difference.
Pros
Annual corporate events you get to plan
Cons
Paper is dying out
production enviorment and deadline driven
Mark Andy Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON11 May 2017
very good place to work, good wages, climate controlled, on the decline lately due to new online applications, hopefully things turn around for this company
Administrative Assistant/Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fergus, ON29 March 2017
Great pay

with the decline in forms and paper in society it always feels like a deteriorating business and not a growing business

Always worried about downsizing and plant closures
Pros
Good pay and hours
Cons
job security
Good experience
Clerical Office Administration (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON15 March 2017
As a summer student for 3 years this was a great place to work. I worked in the factory days, afternoons and nights. My last summer I worked in the office as a general assistant
A great place to learn
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 March 2017
I learned a lot about managing a fast paced environment here. It was a great place to enhance my Project Management skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was visiting my client's store locations and seeing the work I'd done placed around the store. I really enjoyed having a visible effect on the world.
Copy Editor
Senior Copy Editor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2017
My job was odd in that it was all off-site. Some of the RRD people were fantastic and really dynamic fun people. But the corporate structure was, well, very corporate. Still, the salary was quite good and we had a lot of autonomy while the job lasted.
Ordinary work environment
Financial Analyst, Payroll Accounting (Current Employee) –  Vipond Drive, Mississauga, ON11 January 2017
The management needs to value each of its employees. Not much scope for upward movement. Low compensation compared to the reputation of the company. Management needs to look after the interest of all employees, not just the top level.
Pros
Not much of interference by management on day to day basis
Cons
Compensation low
A port in a storm
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NY3 October 2016
This was just a temp job through a temp agency, multiple times staff informed me I was only going to be there for a little bit. Im not a fan of sales but luckily all I had to do was correct orders. Typically I would come in, sit in a cubicle, put on a headset, and take phone calls from people who never got the checkbooks they ordered in the mail. I learned that if someone complains enough they get free things. My co-workers were ok, although I only had about 5 other co-workers so it was just the same small group every single day. The hardest part of the job was that I didnt really know how to work their computer systems that well and I had a lot of order problems that I didn't know how to solve by myself. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was able to sit all day long in a chair.
Pros
No physical activity
Cons
Zero Job Security
Easy work
Warehouse Employee (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON24 September 2016
Work each day presented a standard set of required tasks that did vary in intensity and expedience depending on the requirements of the customers. Knowing how to optimize your time and apply the relevant skills to meet those requirements was a critical component of the job. I enjoyed organizing and coordinating the orders efficiently to clients' continued satisfaction.
Pros
Variety of tasks from simplistic to comprehensive
Cons
Weak management
Receptionist
Forwarding to Correct Extensions
Using the Switch board
Efficient in resources
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 June 2016
Great working environment with benevolent co-workers and supervisors. Platform to apply my computer skills and an opportunity to learn about new software.
tres bonne compagnie
Magasinier, compagne (Former Employee) –  Donnelly, AB6 May 2016
j'ai aime travailler dans cette compagnie
j'ai aime le travail rapide et precis
Pros
salaire
Cons
un peu de pression
Had a great boss
Human resources assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 April 2016
Review applications received on Internet. Conduct first interviews. Answer questions from employees. Fill out necessary documents for submission to insurance company, CSST, etc.

Working in human resources was a great experience.

Management was great.

Co-workers were also great.

Sometimes having to deal with employee personal problems.

I enjoyed all aspects of my job.
Pros
Enjoying the people in general
Cons
Noisy office
Great work environment, safe, clean environment
Temp Bindery Worker (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON29 March 2016
RR Donnelley is a great place to work. Wonderful co-workers and management. Pay was fair, hours are regular. Very secure, safe and clean place to work.
Challenging Work Environment with Friendly people to work with
Project Manager, Client Services (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 March 2016
RR Donnelley is a place where you get to learn a lot about the print communications industry with IT Implementation in particular.
Amazing colleagues, steady work and lots of hours.
Material packer (Former Employee) –  Fergus, ON9 November 2015
Co-workers were all very friendly with a great sense of humour, as well as helpful when needed. Management too, were helpful when needed and laid back as well. Always kept busy with tasks, some days were slower than other but that is to be expected. Environment was great to work in, everyone did their part to keep the building clean as well as safe. Overall, it was a very enjoyable job.
Pros
Friendly faces, good teamwork, great hours.
Cons
Didn't get a lot of sunlight due to lack of windows in the building.
Equilibre Vie professionnelle / Personnelle
Représentante au service clientele (Current Employee) –  Montreal4 October 2015
Beaucoup d'heures supplementaires rendent difficiles l'equilibre entre travail et vie personnelle
Pros
Tres bonne gestion d'entreprise, tres bonne gestion d'employes
Quiet, office environment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK23 August 2015
Basic office procedures plus data entry, order processing, acquiring estimates, pricing.

Large company ... across Canada, US and Europe.

Enjoy my co-workers across Canada.

Management is very focused on all its employees being trained properly and ongoing training is provided.
Cons
Too quiet, no face-to-face interaction with customers or public

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RR Donnelley. Our community is ready to answer.