Royal Victoria Hospital

Royal Victoria Hospital Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Long term employment in well run caring organization
Full time-Hospital Services Leader (Former Employee), Leader, SKJune 20, 2014
Pros: opportunity for independant and critical thinking
Cons: shiftwork inevitable, and coverage for vacations time off difficult
Positive workplace. Many opportunities for career advancement. Staff treated well. Shift work was suitable for lifestyle for many years
Awesome Place!
volunteer (Current Employee), Barrie OntarioJune 4, 2014
Pros: helping people
Cons: very big and confusing
I volunteer at RVH and the staff is great and so nice, everything is fast paced and they get you where you need to go fast! I have learned so much from this continuing experience. I have learned how to transfer a stretcher transfer someone in a wheelchair, make sure all gloves robes are all stocked. It is a very fast paced job that I absolutely love – more... and with me wanting to become a paramedic I could not of asked for better experience ! – less
RVH
Lodge Attendant (Current Employee), Barrie, ONMay 6, 2014
Providing a staff presence in the Lodge. The attendant is responsible for ensuring a pleasant, congenial, and welcoming atmosphere in the Lodge and for being compassionate and sensitive listener to people residing at the lodge. The attendant is responsible for reception, communication and daily administrative duties of the lodge, assisting in coordination – more... of daily operational requirements of lodge, and overall support to the guests and ensuring compliance with established rules of Lodge. Attendant will be responsible to facilitate access and utilization of local resources both hospital and local community based. – less
good work
Stage (Former Employee), Montreal, QCMarch 7, 2014
Place the patient, prepare for the treatment and help the dentist make a good and fast job.
Great learning experience!
Clinical Placement Emergency Dept (Former Employee), Barrie, ONNovember 26, 2013
Great teamwork and knowledgeable staff. I would recommend this placement to all students.
Dedicated organization.
Administrative Agent; Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 26, 2013
Staff is dedicated and efficient; organization is committed to the needs of the client and in the training and teaching the next generation of specialists in the field.
Very busy place but interesting
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee), Barrie OntarioSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: the hospital just keeps expecting more more more.
An 8 hour shift consists of running at full speed just so you might get a 10 minute break than back at it till lunch.same hectic pace till end of shift.stress level is high but you meet many great people. Hollow thanks are given for job well done. In the end there is no job security for anyone.
busy emergency room
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJuly 12, 2013
worked 12 hour shifts in a busy emergency room
assessed patients
counselled patients
Enjoyable
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMay 3, 2013
Work short staffed alot. No beds and patients stuck in ER alot of times.
Great teamwork.
Staff RN (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMay 2, 2013
Pros: worked with great nurses.
Cons: worked many times short staffed.
Staff shortages, workoverload. I had great repore with other staff and patients. Felt great at the end of a shift when I knew I had done my best for a patient.
Comfortable institutional culture
Urology Department Clerk (Former Employee), MontrealApril 4, 2013
Pros: friendly, relaxed
I worked in the Urology clinic as a student doing filing and conducting patient follow-up calls. It was a friendly, relaxed work environment where everyone knew everyone else.
great place
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee), barrieMarch 1, 2013
Pros: changing work environment
Cons: you get sick regularly
this was a great place to work. got to see a lot of different things just have a strong stomach
wait for someone to die to geta fulltime dayshift job
Critical Care Unit nurse (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: mental health days encouraged
first icu job - great training loved the educator- deb
great mix of junior and senior staff- very well staffed
loved the alarm drills
sleeping okay on night shift breaks- tyg- worked for me
The dedicated staff at RVH is what makes it a great place to work. The management has 1960's management style.
Medical Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Barrie, ONOctober 24, 2012
Pros: good salary. suitable hours. friendly staff
Cons: poor management
Great co workers. Friendly staff.
Hard to work as a team as management encourages division between staff.
Unfair to their long term senior staff
Great hours
Working alongside with Pathologist to ensure best specimen results.
I love working with patients,and I love my co-workers
Floating Nursing Attendant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 11, 2012
I would work at different shifts-Morning-Evening-Night
I loved working with patients
My day would start-with taking account of the requirements in a patients ward.
Then giving bath to patients that was allotted to me,by the head nurse,clean the patient’s beds change they clothing, feed the patients. Sing to them to lift they spirit if I observed them – more... to be in an off or bad mood.
I loved my Co-workers, and they liked to work with me-I think because I was always in a joyful mood all the time. I was always willing to help, and was a great team player.
The hardest part was when I went to work the next day, and found the patient that I sang to the previous day l was no more they, they were gone to heaven.

I learnt to love people, the more love you can give the more happy you can get. – less
I TRULY DID LIKE TO HELP MY PATIENTS
Senior Medical Secretary for Radiation Oncology (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecSeptember 14, 2012
Pros: loved my job!
Cons: no cons!
I worked for the Royal Victoria Hospital for 26 years "LOVED EVERY MINUTE" I worked hard but at the same time I had fun!
Productive and satisfying place to work
Administrative Officer (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMay 5, 2012
Very busy In the clinic where I work we see on a daily basis close to a hundred patients.
The Team work well together and it's all about Patient Care.
If you have a problem, you can discuss it with the Director and he's always willing to offer a solution or re-direct you to use a different strategy.
Co-workers are always helpfull and help out if and – more... when needed.
Not having enough time to take your breaks or a full Lunch hour.
Most enjoyable part of the job Patient Satisfaction!!! – less
An excellent health enviroment
Senior Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee), The GambiaFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: free transport.over time allowance, free lunch
Cons: lateness, lack of communication between staff and the patients because of different languages
It was on the 1st of june 2006 when I was to serviced as the senior pharmacy assistant on a clinic day. I learn a lot about how to advice patient about their prescription.As the head of the pharmacy of that particular day I was able to manage the staff very well.It was a really good team work.The hardest part was lack of some essential drugs and the – more... most enjoyable part was advising patients about their medication. – less
my day on the ward
healthcare assistant care assistant (Current Employee), belfastJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: i learn a great deal on spinal and fractures and work in a great team
Cons: long hours, very sick patients and have to work holiday times that can be fun too
My day starts 7;30 am as i go in the team sits down for report ,telling if they had a comfortable night if they are for theatre or admissions from accident and emergency through the night . Usually by the time we are finished breakfast have arrived , we help with patients that cant feed themselves ,By now theatres have called for the first patient to – more... come down ,theatres goes on through out the day and running up and down from xray also is a big part of our day, to make sure they are healing .I love that part because when the doctors review the xrays we get to see what they talking about.
In the middle of the day the ward sister will call all the workers to discuss what we have noted while were dealing with the patients needs like washing them etc talk on patients care and she would teach us on certain bones and how they suppose to heal or look, i like when we have the time to sit and learn with managers this i enjoy and seeing the patients getting better and the end of a long time in the ward and seeing them getting up and walking around independently.
The hardest part seeing them not doing so well after the operations especially if they are elderly .I do enjoy my job it can be very tough and very long 12 hour shifts but i dont mind =) – less
Une journée au travail
Food Service Attendant (Current Employee), MontréalNovember 18, 2013
Pour le shift de la soirée, nous commençons entre 4h et 4h30 dépendamment de quel position nous faisons cette soirée là. Nous préparons les plateaux et nous les amenons aux étages pour les patients tout cela avec l'aide d'une machine avec un courroie et de chariots en métal que nous poussons. Après cela nous avons une pause d'à peut près 15 minutes. – more... Après la pause, nous rentrons dans la chambre à vaisselle où nous prenons une position sur une autre courroie où les plateaux passent et chaque personne doit enlever quelque chose (coutellerie, assiettes, verres...). Ceux qui ne sont pas sur cette courroie vont chercher les chariots sur les étages. Après cela, ceux qui ont commencé à 4h ont fini et peuvent partir et ceux qui ont commencé plus tard ramassent les poubelles et nettoie les machines. – less

About Royal Victoria Hospital

RVH is a regional health centre in Barrie, Ontario, located 80 kilometres north of Toronto. As the largest hospital in the region – Read more