Royal Victoria Hospital

Royal Victoria Hospital Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Registered Nurse
Registered Practical Nurse Medical/Surgical (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: team based
Cons: long hours
Busy hospital. Great staff. Long hours. Innovative hospital with lots of growth in future. It is a growing hospital with state of the art technology.
Medical System
Medical and Administrative Secretary (Current Employee), Montreal, QuebecJanuary 8, 2015
A typical day at work for me is the moment I walk into my office I do not stop. I deal with patients and doctors and other hospital staff members on a daily basis. I have learned to have a lot of patience due to the fact that I deal with patients who have cancer. I work well on my own and also with others. I am a team player. I find that the hardest part of my job is to deal with the sorrow of the patients that come our way, since they have been diagnosed with cancer it is difficult to comfort some of them. But I must be patient and listen and comfort them as best as possible. The most enjoyable part of my job is when a patient has recovered from there disease....
Fast-pace, rewarding experience
Co-Operative Placement, Emergency Department Nurse (Former Employee), Barrie, ONDecember 7, 2014
Pros: variety for all types of experiences
Cons: health care politics
This experience has been my favorite above all. The fast-pace work environment allows me to thrive in my natural setting. The acute setting is tough but has allowed me to grow as a student and professional.
Typical day at Royal Victoria Hospital
Dietary Aide (Current Employee), Barrie, ONOctober 11, 2014
Pros: great hours, and friendly management.
Cons: na.
Most days are routine belt line preparing and delivering food to patients on each floor, each delivery is never the same though because your always delivering to new patients. I learn something everyday from the patients i deliver to, and that it's important to treat every patient with care and respect equally. Both me and my coworkers get along great always keeping patient satisfactory our main goal, along with our supervisors and management who always work with us to help the day go by smoother. The patient interaction is my favorite part of working at the hospital, but can also be the hardest when someone gets ill or passes can be hard, but is part of life.
observer
Observer (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 31, 2014
Pros: new methodes
Cons: nothing
icu observer was good learning new items in field of nursing
Long term employment in well run caring organization
Full time-Hospital Services Leader (Former Employee), Leader, SKJune 20, 2014
Pros: opportunity for independant and critical thinking
Cons: shiftwork inevitable, and coverage for vacations time off difficult
Positive workplace. Many opportunities for career advancement. Staff treated well. Shift work was suitable for lifestyle for many years
Awesome Place!
volunteer (Current Employee), Barrie OntarioJune 4, 2014
Pros: helping people
Cons: very big and confusing
I volunteer at RVH and the staff is great and so nice, everything is fast paced and they get you where you need to go fast! I have learned so much from this continuing experience. I have learned how to transfer a stretcher transfer someone in a wheelchair, make sure all gloves robes are all stocked. It is a very fast paced job that I absolutely love and with me wanting to become a paramedic I could not of asked for better experience !
RVH
Lodge Attendant (Current Employee), Barrie, ONMay 6, 2014
Providing a staff presence in the Lodge. The attendant is responsible for ensuring a pleasant, congenial, and welcoming atmosphere in the Lodge and for being compassionate and sensitive listener to people residing at the lodge. The attendant is responsible for reception, communication and daily administrative duties of the lodge, assisting in coordination of daily operational requirements of lodge, and overall support to the guests and ensuring compliance with established rules of Lodge. Attendant will be responsible to facilitate access and utilization of local resources both hospital and local community based.
good work
Stage (Former Employee), Montreal, QCMarch 7, 2014
Place the patient, prepare for the treatment and help the dentist make a good and fast job.
Great learning experience!
Clinical Placement Emergency Dept (Former Employee), Barrie, ONNovember 26, 2013
Great teamwork and knowledgeable staff. I would recommend this placement to all students.
Dedicated organization.
Administrative Agent; Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 26, 2013
Staff is dedicated and efficient; organization is committed to the needs of the client and in the training and teaching the next generation of specialists in the field.
Very busy place but interesting
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee), Barrie OntarioSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: the hospital just keeps expecting more more more.
An 8 hour shift consists of running at full speed just so you might get a 10 minute break than back at it till lunch.same hectic pace till end of shift.stress level is high but you meet many great people. Hollow thanks are given for job well done. In the end there is no job security for anyone.
busy emergency room
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJuly 12, 2013
worked 12 hour shifts in a busy emergency room
assessed patients
counselled patients
Enjoyable
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMay 3, 2013
Work short staffed alot. No beds and patients stuck in ER alot of times.
Great teamwork.
Staff RN (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMay 2, 2013
Pros: worked with great nurses.
Cons: worked many times short staffed.
Staff shortages, workoverload. I had great repore with other staff and patients. Felt great at the end of a shift when I knew I had done my best for a patient.
Comfortable institutional culture
Urology Department Clerk (Former Employee), MontrealApril 4, 2013
Pros: friendly, relaxed
I worked in the Urology clinic as a student doing filing and conducting patient follow-up calls. It was a friendly, relaxed work environment where everyone knew everyone else.
great place
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee), barrieMarch 1, 2013
Pros: changing work environment
Cons: you get sick regularly
this was a great place to work. got to see a lot of different things just have a strong stomach
wait for someone to die to geta fulltime dayshift job
Critical Care Unit nurse (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: mental health days encouraged
first icu job - great training loved the educator- deb
great mix of junior and senior staff- very well staffed
loved the alarm drills
sleeping okay on night shift breaks- tyg- worked for me
The dedicated staff at RVH is what makes it a great place to work. The management has 1960's management style.
Medical Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Barrie, ONOctober 24, 2012
Pros: good salary. suitable hours. friendly staff
Cons: poor management
Great co workers. Friendly staff.
Hard to work as a team as management encourages division between staff.
Unfair to their long term senior staff
Great hours
Working alongside with Pathologist to ensure best specimen results.
I love working with patients,and I love my co-workers
Floating Nursing Attendant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 11, 2012
I would work at different shifts-Morning-Evening-Night
I loved working with patients
My day would start-with taking account of the requirements in a patients ward.
Then giving bath to patients that was allotted to me,by the head nurse,clean the patient’s beds change they clothing, feed the patients. Sing to them to lift they spirit if I observed them to be in an off or bad mood.
I loved my Co-workers, and they liked to work with me-I think because I was always in a joyful mood all the time. I was always willing to help, and was a great team player.
The hardest part was when I went to work the next day, and found the patient that I sang to the previous day l was no more they, they were gone to heaven.

I learnt to love people, the more love you can give the more happy you can get.

About Royal Victoria Hospital

RVH is a regional health centre in Barrie, Ontario, located 80 kilometres north of Toronto. As the largest hospital in the region – Read more