Royal Roads University Employee Reviews

Great Company
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC31 December 2013
Royal Roads University is a great place to work. My coworkers are very friendly and helpful. I usually expend a typical day troubleshooting, helping end users and working in new projects. It is very important to be organized and prioritize your tasks.
I work with Open Source projects so I like to be involved with the community of these projects. We are always learning and thinking in better ways of doing things.
Pros
Flex days, Nice environment, your coworkers
Cons
Opportunities for senior positions
Excellent academic institution providing learning opportunitites for all levels of learning with an applied approach to academics
Academic Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Distance28 August 2012
Intellectually stimulating
Associate Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC17 April 2013
In the department I work in the core faculty is very welcoming and supportive of the associate faculty. The campus is amazingly beautiful and the students are some of the brightest people I have had the pleasure of meeting
Team workable environment
Current Position-Student (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC12 May 2014
Want to work to bring my contribution in terms of education and experience for the benefit of the engaging company
Pros
Equity in treatment
Cons
Non
Wonderfully committed staff and fabulous HR team
HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  The University of the South Pacific26 August 2014
Wonderfully committed staff and fabulous HR team. Great programs with a can-do vision.
An exciting and beautiful place to work
Communications Strategist / Media / Instructor (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC18 December 2014
I learned a lot making the transition from Journalism to Communications. I was given great and increasing responsibility over my years there, but advancement was the biggest challenge, as I was only two levels down from the Vice President and advancement meant the continuing role of Director, which was eliminated when my direct report was let go suddenly. A new structure meant I reported to an Associate Vice President and it became clear to me after nearly a year that advancement was not in the cards. So I left to pursue my own consulting practice. This went well until I was hired at Northwest Community College a year later. I found nothing difficult at this position, the location was amazing, and the people were largely great. Upper management was challenging, but mostly because there were challenges at the very top. Those challenges continue to plaque this great little university. I'm happy to have moved on. I was also encouraged to teach, which was a significant complement to my professional experience.
Pros
The most beautiful university in Canada - Robert Bateman on CBC Television
Cons
Constant change in strategic direction, year to year, despite a clear planning cycle
Summary
International Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC26 July 2014
Beautiful place to work at, promising career opportunities.

4.4