Christenson Communities is currently recruiting a part-time bus driver. This is a .4 part-time position on Monday-Friday mornings and afternoons.
The position is responsible for driving a passenger carrying vehicle (PCV), providing good customer service and a safe and comfortable journey throughout the network of bus services.
Responsible to and work under the direction of:
- To provide a high standard of customer service at all times
- To always behave in a friendly and professional way to residents and staff
- To recognize and assist with the additional needs of vulnerable adults and the elderly
- To be responsible for the health, safety, security, welfare, environmental and fire safety arrangements for yourself and the community residents.
- To ensure all safety accidents/incidents are reported using the company’s reporting procedure.
- To ensure a full understanding of emergency and evacuation plans.
- To drive the Company’s vehicles in a safe, legal and professional way
- To ensure that the relevant notification procedures are followed in the event of absence from work
- To undertake any reasonable request made by the Company
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- To ensure that a valid driving license is held at all times and is available for inspection by a member on staff of the Company
- License is made available for inspection in every 6 month period
- To comply with the laws and company regulations regarding the use of mobile phones, smoking in company vehicles and the use of prohibited equipment (such as games consoles) whilst on duty.
- Valid Criminal Record Check
- Ability to drive a vehicle to a competent and safe standard
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work unsupervised
The incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties of Bus Driver. The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- be honest and trustworthy
- be respectful
- possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- be flexible
- demonstrate sound work ethics