The Athletic Component is one of the four Components of the Royal Military College of Canada. The Athletics Program is designed to provide opportunities for all officer-cadets to participate in physical activities and sports that are mentally demanding in order to develop their overall physical capabilities, self-confidence and leadership.
Contact sports develop courage and aggressiveness; other team sports develop self-sacrifice and esprit de corps; individual sports expand an individual's confidence, poise and self-reliance; all sports develop self-discipline and the ability to react quickly and accurately under pressure while retaining control and presence of mind. The Athletics Program is therefore extremely important in the training of officer-cadets for effective service as officers in the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF).
The Royal Military College of Canada (RMCC) is seeking highly-motivated and organized individuals to serve as Coaches for the following Competitive Clubs:
- Running (Cross-Country/Track)
- Women’s Rugby
Under the direction and support of the Recreation and Intramural Manager, the coach is responsible for the continuous development of the competitive clubs through coaching and athlete progression.
1. The Contractor must attend team practices at least three times per week or as otherwise mutually agreed upon.
2. The Contractor will attend team competitions throughout the duration of the contract or as otherwise mutually agreed upon.
3. The Contractor must instruct and train the athletes in practice and games.
4. The Contractor must use his/her best efforts to instill in the athletes essential attributes to perform as future officers in the Canadian Armed Forces, such as; character, leadership, courage, integrity, candor and honesty.
5. The Contractor must follow and respect the guidelines and procedures as indicated in the Competitive Club Handbook. The Handbook will be made available to the Contractor electronically.
6. Upon completion of the contract, the Contractor must provide a written after action report, complete with recommendations for future arrangements for coaching services of the RMCC competitive club.
Current NCCP Level 1 coaching certification preferred
Experience with military sports/athletes
Minimum 2 years coaching experience at the post-secondary level
English essential, bilingualism (French / English) a strong asset.
Duration of the Contract(s):
01 September 2013 to 31 March 2014
The Contract amount will be commensurate with the Contractor’s experience and qualifications (Travel Expenses will be covered, according to the number of days allotted for travel based on the team schedule, and will follow current Treasury Board Guidelines).
For all interested Contractors, please submit a cover letter, your resume and references to the following:
Attn: Christine Powers-Tomsons, Recreation and Intramural Manager
Royal Military College of Canada
11 Navy Way, Kingston ON K7K 7B4
Applications must be received before 16:00hrs on 17 July 2013.
Thank you in advance for your interest in RMCC Athletics. All bids submitted by 16:00hrs on 17 July 2013 will be evaluated, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.