Royal Columbian Hospital Employee Reviews in Canada

It is a great learning environment.
Registered Psychiatric Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BCMarch 7, 2016
I enjoy working at RCH. The staff are very friendly and willing to help out with any learning needs that may arise during work.
Excellent client care
Rehabilitation Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BCNovember 12, 2015
A very fast paced hospital (acute) in which staff members of various interdisciplinary teams are able to keep up with the demand and provide excellent client/patient care.
hospitality is the job, i like doing it.
Housekeeper (Aramark) (Former Employee) –  new westminster.July 17, 2015
I learned new products and new ways to clean, and use those products in hospital environment. Learned different steps and procedures working in hosital.
Pros
staff helps to learn new things.
Cons
they were giving less hours.
good
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCJuly 6, 2015
like any other place, you have your good and bad.
I have experience good managers, bad managers.
good working conditions/resources and bad ones.
good supportive staff and the not so supportive staff.
I left because I moved to ON, not b/c RCH was a bad place to work.
Acute Medical Unit
RN (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, B.CJune 28, 2014
For your own sanity and health, do NOT accept a job here. High patient acuity coupled with an insensitive, poor management does not produce a good outcome. Nurses are expected to work unpaid overtime, work through breaks and work 12-hour shifts on top of it all.Each RN takes 5-7 high-acuity patients. The nursing model is primary nursing and there is ONE care aide for 35 patients - you will not be able to give essential care required and if you're any kind of a decent nurse, this alone will destroy you.
Benefits are good, but not worth giving your life for.
You were warned!
Pros
pay and fringe benefits
Cons
everything else
Consistenly Rewarding
Food Service Worker / Server (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCAugust 5, 2012
I loved being apart of the health care industry. It gave me a sense of pride and self worth. I learned so much about patient care working as a Food Service Worker. Working as a team was amazing and I absolutely loved how so many people can work as one to provide excellent care and complete the necessary tasks at hand. The hardest part of the job was having to go home each day when I felt the need to stay and help others, whether it was a patient with no visitors or even the kitchen itself. I will always enjoy knowing that I made a difference in the lives and well being of others.
Pros
getting to know people from all walks of life
grerat place to work
Area Supply Attendant (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCMarch 23, 2014
The job consisted of inventorying nursing stations and operating rooms in the morning, and delivering the previous days orders in the afternoon, you were left alone to get your job done, a really good and supportive staff and management team
Pros
steady pace
Cons
lack of hours
It was great experience working in RCH
Security Shift Supervisor, Intercon Security (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCJuly 20, 2014
It was great experience working in RCH. I gained lot of experience dealing with public. My communication and public dealing skills improved a lot while working in this place.
Amazing facility r to work at, phenomenal staff
Full Time RN in NICU (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCOctober 19, 2012
This was by far the favorite workplace, given thehigh standards of careand level of education in general
Pros
incredible learning experience
Cons
expensive parking for staff
Productive and fun workplace
Central Patient Porter (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCNovember 8, 2013
Great place to work. Co-workers were friendly and easy to work with. My manager was amazing and great to work for.
Fun environment
nurse (Current Employee) –  NewWestminsterJuly 28, 2012
This hospital has a diverse culture among staff. Very multicultural and patient care is excellent.
Pros
team work
Cons
understaffed