Royal Columbian Hospital

Royal Columbian Hospital Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It was great experience working in RCH
Security Shift Supervisor, Intercon Security (Former Employee), New Westminster, BCJuly 20, 2014
It was great experience working in RCH. I gained lot of experience dealing with public. My communication and public dealing skills improved a lot while working in this place.
Acute Medical Unit
RN (Former Employee), New Westminster, B.CJune 28, 2014
Pros: pay and fringe benefits
Cons: everything else
For your own sanity and health, do NOT accept a job here. High patient acuity coupled with an insensitive, poor management does not produce a good outcome. Nurses are expected to work unpaid overtime, work through breaks and work 12-hour shifts on top of it all.Each RN takes 5-7 high-acuity patients. The nursing model is primary nursing and there is – more... ONE care aide for 35 patients - you will not be able to give essential care required and if you're any kind of a decent nurse, this alone will destroy you.
Benefits are good, but not worth giving your life for.
You were warned! – less
Productive and fun workplace
Central Patient Porter (Former Employee), New Westminster, BCNovember 8, 2013
Great place to work. Co-workers were friendly and easy to work with. My manager was amazing and great to work for.
Excellent Employer to work for.
Third Class Engineer (Current Employee), New Westminster, BCAugust 28, 2013
Pros: we are are treated equal.
Cons: pay parking
Good job.
Good people.
The most enjoyable part of the job is making someone happy.
Amazing facility r to work at, phenomenal staff
Full Time RN in NICU (Former Employee), New Westminster, BCOctober 19, 2012
Pros: incredible learning experience
Cons: expensive parking for staff
This was by far the favorite workplace, given thehigh standards of careand level of education in general
Consistenly Rewarding
Food Service Worker / Server (Former Employee), New Westminster, BCAugust 5, 2012
Pros: getting to know people from all walks of life
I loved being apart of the health care industry. It gave me a sense of pride and self worth. I learned so much about patient care working as a Food Service Worker. Working as a team was amazing and I absolutely loved how so many people can work as one to provide excellent care and complete the necessary tasks at hand. The hardest part of the job was – more... having to go home each day when I felt the need to stay and help others, whether it was a patient with no visitors or even the kitchen itself. I will always enjoy knowing that I made a difference in the lives and well being of others. – less
Fun environment
nurse (Current Employee), NewWestminsterJuly 28, 2012
Pros: team work
Cons: understaffed
This hospital has a diverse culture among staff. Very multicultural and patient care is excellent.