Royal City Soccer Club Employee Reviews

This is the most unorganized company I ever worked in my whole life
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK2 October 2017
The job is not bad, you're basically a baby sitter / soccer coach. The pay is the minimum wage and you can do overtime everyday, which turns out not that bad for a summer job.
What stinks is the company management, they are HORRIBLE. You can expect them to mess up your pays, send stuff to the wrong address when you specifically ask them to change it and they confirmed. They are a MESS.
I would never, work for them again, I would rather work at McDonalds.
Pros
Pool time, for who likes it
Cons
Zero support from Head office
Un bon air de travail
Leader in Training (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 September 2017
Au Royal City soccer club, les journées typiques de travail se présentait de manières assez uniforme. Effectivement, l'énergie positive dégagée par les enfants chaque semaine facilitaient le travail de mes coéquipiers et moi. On avait rarement a faire de la discipline, ce qui nous donnait plus de temps pour s'amuser avec eux, ce qui nous mettait alors le sourire aux lèvres.
Donc, une journée typique se résumait au plaisirs que mes coéquipiers et moi avions avec les enfants et aussi le plaisir qu'on partageait entre nous, coéquipiers, puisqu'on s'entendait tous parfaitement.

Le plus difficile pendant mon temps las-bas fut de gérer, tous les enfants en même temps puisque meme si la plupart d'entre eux avait un comportement exemplaire, il y avait toujours 2 ou 3 enfants qui ne suivaient pas la norme, donc fallait les obliger de bien agir ou on les punissait. l'environnement de travail était aussi assez dur, car on travaillait a l'extérieur, donc parfois sous le soleil qui était assez chaud.

Mais Sinon, ce fut une grande expérience pour moi d'aller en Alberta et de gerer un groupe de personne.
Pros
apprentissage de l'anglais, pause fréquente, piscine
Cons
soleil
Very Unorganized
Counsellor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 August 2017
I have worked here for two years, and no improvements have been made from the previous year. Their top motivation is money and it is clear.

If you accept a job here be aware you may NOT WORK every week, you WILL get MOVED from location to location. If you are a guy you will probably work more and move around less. The hours you will typically work are 8-5:30 and YES sometimes you have to stay past 5:30.
Pros
relaxed, decent salary
Cons
long hours, not stable hours, moved around a lot
This place is okay
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC2 June 2017
While working with children is lots of fun. There is little notice about whether or not you receive the job on time. As well you are basically left to your own devices when it comes to looking after the children and in my case were terribly under staffed for number of children.
Pros
Working with kids
Cons
Understaffed
Fun, but hardworking job
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC17 May 2017
Though the job itself is a great summer job, you need to be very energetic all the time to take care of kids, as well as needing to be supportive and entertaining from the 8+ hour shift
Typical day at RCSC
Counselor in Training (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON30 April 2017
A typical day at Royal City Soccer club consists of getting to work early in the morning to setup for camp, making sure ever kid is signed in and making sure everyone is comfortable, by playing lots of icebreakers and fun games. since it is a soccer camp we were required to make drills to teach the kids how to play soccer, but most of he kids wanted to play world cup ( teams of 2, if your team scores past coach your teams goes to the next round, last one to score is out) playing in the sun for 8 hours a day all summer was a task and it was a hard one, a lot of the kids ask for tons of breaks to sit in the shade. Pool time was the best part of the day, after lunch we would head to the pool and let the kids swim around and be kids for around an hour or 2 depending on the attitude of the camp that day. after swimming its free time until parents pick up at 4.
Pros
Great supervisors
Cons
Long days in the sun
Low Pay
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 April 2017
Working with children was tiring but fun. Weekly based pay meant that we were typically being paid less than minimum wage per hour of work, given we often had to stay hours after work offically being done for the children to be picked up.
Pros
Fun experience
Cons
low pay, long hours
good
Summer Camp Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 December 2016
Very good place to start a part time career. Nice people and flexible hours. Would recommend. Great place to start a part time job.
Fun & Productive
Camp Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 October 2016
A typical Day at work would be meeting new kids and having fun with them. Co-Workers usually co-operate. Moat enjoyable part would be having fun with the kids
This company sucks!
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 September 2016
Never work for this company! They mistreat employees, and take advantage of their field staff whenever they can. The company's policies are just loose guidelines and provide little to no training. The corporate office staff waver, are loose goosy and cannot decide when confronted with day to day issues. They have a don't care attitude - all they do is take money from customers and take advantage of the field supervisors. The head office staff need to grow some balls!
Pros
Cons
Anything you can think of in a bad employer, you'll find it at Royal City Soccer.
Fun workplace with children
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 July 2016
The most difficult part of this job was the fact that management was on the other side of the country, sometimes weekly cheques would arrive late because of the distance. Co-workers were easy to get along with and very welcoming of new employees. Dealing with children, the hardest part was making sure they listened to you. The most enjoyable part was playing soccer all day, and teaching eager young children the skills and teamwork that came along with soccer.
Pros
always outside, exercising
Cons
long hours for minimal wage, dealing with over energetic children
Safe, fun, and productive workplace.
Camp Counselor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 May 2015
Royal City Soccer Club hires great staff to help run a good and fun camp at all of their sites. Each staff member is dedicated to ensuring that all campers have the best time they can, while also doing what they are required to do in their specific site (to teach soccer, mainly). Children are all so unique and it is interesting to interact with a lot of them and see how different they all are, yet they can all give you something to learn about either yourself or themselves. I was blessed to be able to work with such great co-workers and I regularly keep in touch with them because they were so much fun and their personalities fit with mine so well. The hardest part of the job was looking after trouble-making campers and the most enjoyable aspect was interacting with the campers in general and learning about each individual.
It was a great place
Volunteer Councilor (Former Employee) –  Brampton5 May 2015
I really enjoyed working at this establishment and the time that I spent there will never be forgotten. I really liked it there.
Productive and fun workplace with great soccer games.
I volunteer (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge,ON23 November 2014
A typical day at work starts off with waiting for the kids to arrive in the parking lot. Next we make our way to the soccer field and do some warmups. We then do soccer drills all varying in difficulty. After soccer drills, we'd have snack. After snack, we would have a quick game (tag, hide and seek, etc.) and than we would have a big soccer game. This soccer game would be counselors against campers and would last 45 minutes. This would take us to 12 o'clock. Then we would have lunch. After lunch we would take the kids to go swimming. I learned a great amount about how to deal with children and proper communication skills when talking to their parents. The management was great and very inclusive. The hardest part of the job was leaving because I had made such great connections with my co-workers and supervisors. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to play soccer everyday then go swimming.
Pros
I was able to practice on my soccer drills as I taught the kids soccer drills.
Cons
There were no cons.
fun and productive workplace
Camp Counsellor-Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 October 2014
typical day at work consists of a fun filled day of soccer and swimming with co-workers and campers from ages 5-13. i learned how to be a leader.
Just another summer camp
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON26 April 2014
Being a supervisor, I was responsible for about 90% of the daily events at the camp. That being said, not a single member of my team (including myself) had a police check done, the camp supplied us with expired or nonsufficient medical supplies, the park had no water fountain or running water, and worst of all we were required to sell their products to the kids. I refused to market to children, and was frowned upon by management.
Pros
Being outdoors all day
Cons
Terrible support, not safe for the children
Well run, great experience to work with kids
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON4 September 2013
Typical camp. Learned a lot about how to interact with parents and kids from 5-14. Volunteers who were super useful or grossly incompetent. Co-workers made this job enjoyable.
Pros
Free shirts
Cons
Unpaid supervised pickup/dropoff
Fun, great way to spend the summer
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 November 2012
Wake up early and set up soccer courses, helped with games and took kids to the pool after lunch before they went home
Enjoyed teaching youth soccer skills.
Camp Counselor/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 October 2012
Staff did not provide ability to advance to superintendent wages - whilst doing the role of the supervisor.
Pros
got to play soccer all day and teach kids how to play.
Cons
too high of kid/supervisor ratio wrt payment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal City Soccer Club. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3