Royal City Soccer Club

Royal City Soccer Club Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Safe, fun, and productive workplace.
Camp Counselor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 7, 2015
Royal City Soccer Club hires great staff to help run a good and fun camp at all of their sites. Each staff member is dedicated to ensuring that all campers have the best time they can, while also doing what they are required to do in their specific site (to teach soccer, mainly). Children are all so unique and it is interesting to interact with a lot of them and see how different they all are, yet they can all give you something to learn about either yourself or themselves. I was blessed to be able to work with such great co-workers and I regularly keep in touch with them because they were so much fun and their personalities fit with mine so well. The hardest part of the job was looking after trouble-making campers and the most enjoyable aspect was interacting with the campers in general and learning about each individual.
It was a great place
Volunteer Councilor (Former Employee) –  BramptonMay 5, 2015
I really enjoyed working at this establishment and the time that I spent there will never be forgotten. I really liked it there.
Productive and fun workplace with great soccer games.
I volunteer (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge,ONNovember 23, 2014
A typical day at work starts off with waiting for the kids to arrive in the parking lot. Next we make our way to the soccer field and do some warmups. We then do soccer drills all varying in difficulty. After soccer drills, we'd have snack. After snack, we would have a quick game (tag, hide and seek, etc.) and than we would have a big soccer game. This soccer game would be counselors against campers and would last 45 minutes. This would take us to 12 o'clock. Then we would have lunch. After lunch we would take the kids to go swimming. I learned a great amount about how to deal with children and proper communication skills when talking to their parents. The management was great and very inclusive. The hardest part of the job was leaving because I had made such great connections with my co-workers and supervisors. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to play soccer everyday then go swimming.
Pros
i was able to practice on my soccer drills as i taught the kids soccer drills.
Cons
there were no cons.
fun and productive workplace
Camp Counsellor-Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 2, 2014
typical day at work consists of a fun filled day of soccer and swimming with co-workers and campers from ages 5-13. i learned how to be a leader.
Just another summer camp
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONApril 26, 2014
Being a supervisor, I was responsible for about 90% of the daily events at the camp. That being said, not a single member of my team (including myself) had a police check done, the camp supplied us with expired or nonsufficient medical supplies, the park had no water fountain or running water, and worst of all we were required to sell their products to the kids. I refused to market to children, and was frowned upon by management.
Pros
being outdoors all day
Cons
terrible support, not safe for the children
Well run, great experience to work with kids
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONSeptember 4, 2013
Typical camp. Learned a lot about how to interact with parents and kids from 5-14. Volunteers who were super useful or grossly incompetent. Co-workers made this job enjoyable.
Pros
free shirts
Cons
unpaid supervised pickup/dropoff
Fun, great way to spend the summer
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 20, 2012
Wake up early and set up soccer courses, helped with games and took kids to the pool after lunch before they went home
Enjoyed teaching youth soccer skills.
Camp Counselor/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 25, 2012
Staff did not provide ability to advance to superintendent wages - whilst doing the role of the supervisor.
Pros
got to play soccer all day and teach kids how to play.
Cons
too high of kid/supervisor ratio wrt payment.

4.4