CAMP SUPERVISOR – Job Description (SK)
The Royal City Soccer Club (RCSC) is a non-profit, community organization started in 1993. For nearly 20 years, we’ve hosted unique soccer camp experiences for over 100,000 boys and girls between ages 5 and 13 years. Our camp, Super Summer Soccer+ Camp, is now the largest grassroots soccer camp in Canada with over 70 locations in Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia. The popularity of our camps is not only due to our program structure but also because of the great staff we have at our camps. We will be looking to hire approximately 300 staff for July and August. Our camp operates Monday to Friday from July 2nd until August 30, 2013 (excluding August 5, Civic holiday).
Duties: Each Supervisor will be responsible for:
- Managing a complete RSC onsite location
- Oversee operations of camp from start to finish including programs/activities planned by Camp Counselors
- Managing and motivating a team of Counselors, Counselors-in-Training (CIT) and volunteers
- Planning, organizing and teaching soccer and other games to a group of campers
- Ensuring the safety and supervision of campers in their care
- Managing and problem solving entire camp site including campers, staff and volunteers
- Communicate with coordinator and head office staff regularly
A Supervisor usually requires a vehicle to transport equipment to and from the camp site. A cell phone will either be provided or a cell expense issued to you if you prefer to use your own. You must have the ability to email a weekly summary report.
Qualifications: (ages 18 or older by July 2 , 2013)
We are looking for applicants with the following qualities:
- great with children (ages 5 to 13 years)
- athletic and good soccer experience
- good communication skills
- energetic and enthusiastic
- interest in teaching soccer to children
- motivational, creative
- problem solving skill
Location: We are looking to hire 1 Supervisor for each of the following locations:
Regina (2 locations)
Compensation: Regular: $12.00 - $13.00/hour for 8hrs/day (8am-4pm)
Overtime: $18.00 - $19.50/hour 1hr/day (4-4:30pm)
For 5 hours/week (Monday-Friday daily)
Overtime pay is calculated as time and a half of regular pay
Equivalent to: $525 - $568.75 per week…if regular pay plus overtime pay are considered (wage depends on experience, years of service and # of campers.
Admin/Retention Bonus: up to $100/summer (if conditions met)
Sales Commission: 15% on all camp products sold onsite
Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday to Friday
There may be opportunities to share early care (8-8:30am) and late care (4:30-5:00pm) amongst staff at most sites but minimum staff hours will be either 8:00am – 4:30pm or 8:30am-5:00pm. At some locations, staff may be required to work 8am-5:30pm depending upon number of staff working.
To Apply: Accepting applications until June 14, 2013, however, core positions will be hired between February-May. We strongly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as positions will be filled quickly.
Application: 1) Visit our website at www.royalsoccer.com, click the “STAFF” link and complete an application