CAMP Counselor – Job Description (SK)
The Royal City Soccer Club (RCSC) is a non-profit, community organization started in 1993. For nearly 20 years, we’ve hosted unique soccer camp experiences for over 100,000 boys and girls between ages 5 and 13 years. Our camp, Super Summer Soccer+ Camp, is now the largest grassroots soccer camp in Canada with over 70 locations in Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia. The popularity of our camps is not only due to our program structure but also because of the great staff we have at our camps. We will be looking to hire approximately 300 staff for July and August. Our camp operates Monday to Friday from July 2nd until August 30, 2013 (excluding August 5, Civic holiday).
Duties: Each Camp Counselor will be responsible for:
- supervising a group of children between 8-12 campers of a specific age range
- planning, organizing and teaching soccer skills and other games to campers
- ensuring a fun, safe atmosphere for all campers and fellow staff
- Set a good example for campers by being conscientious, supportive of policies and enthusiastic about camp
- Build close relationships with each camp in your group and be aware of individual issues and needs
- Participates in planning special events/activities for the group or whole camp
- Assists supervisor and other staff in supervising and organizing activities for all campers including the afternoon daily swim. Staff MUST enter/supervise campers in pool
- Provide feedback to parents on a daily basis
Qualifications: (ages 18 or older by July 2, 2013)
We are looking for applicants with the following qualities:
- great with children (ages 5 to 13 years)
- athletic and good soccer experience
- good communication skills
- energetic and enthusiastic
- interest in coaching/teaching soccer to children
Location: We have positions in each of the following cities:
Regina (2 locations) Saskatoon (2 locations)
Compensation: Regular: $10.00 - $10.50/hour for 8hrs/day (8am-4pm)
Overtime: $15.00 - $15.75/hour 1hr/day (4-4:30pm)
For 2.5 hours/week (Monday-Friday daily)
Overtime pay is calculated as time and a half of regular pay
Equivalent to: $437.50 - $459.38 per week…if regular pay plus overtime pay are considered (wage depends on experience and years of service.
Retention Bonus: up to $50/summer (if conditions met)
Hours: 8:00am – 4:30pm or 8:30am-5:00pm, Monday to Friday
At some locations, staff may be required to work 8am-5:00pm depending upon number of staff working.
To Apply: Accepting applications until June 14, 2013, however, core positions will be hired between February-May. We strongly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as positions will be filled quickly.
Application: 1) Visit our website at www.royalsoccer.com, click the “STAFF” link and complete an application