Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Responsible and well organized workplace with benefits and fun.
Youth staff (Former Employee), Nassau, Bahamas/Miami, FLSeptember 30, 2014
Approximately 10 hours/day of work in safe environment. Working with children age 1 - 17. Teamwork really developed, cooperating and responsible co-workers and managers. Special-needed and mentaly-challenged children involved in everyday activities. Cominication with parents constant.
is a fun place to work with lot of responsibilities
Crew Administrator (Former Employee), on ships last was Mariner of the seasSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: you live on ship and is close to work.
Cons: long hours and have to be away from family
Royal Caribbean is a good place to work , and with proper training and interviews can make you grow in the company.
Fun and Educational company to work for.
Orchestra musician (Former Employee), Miami (head office)May 21, 2014
Pros: short hours, seeing the world, making great friends, gaining professional music experience, doing what i love and getting paid.
Cons: constant time changes, lack of job security once contracts finished.
Working for Royal Caribbean was a once in a life time experience where I was essentially getting paid to travel the world.

The job was to be part of the on board Orchestra, playing all kinds of shows to entertain the guests, whether this be playing in the weekly production of Saturday Night Fever, sight reading a guest entertainer show, or playing Jazz for the captains cocktail party on formal night.

This role really helped me to gain a feeling of responsibility, as i was in charge of my own performance on stage and off stage and all issues relating to the Drums would be my responsibility to resolve.

As well as this as the orchestra drummer, I was in charge of all the other drummers on the ship. My role with this was to ensure that standards were kept, and the general maintenance of the drums was up to standard.
Lead by fear and pressure
Crew Administration Manager (Former Employee), Cruise ShipsFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: get to travel, free food, get to save
Cons: management is by people who have never lived on the ships
The company in itself is a good place to work if you have the energy and can put in the hours.
You get to see a lot of places and you're paid cash which is great.

However as much as you look for support there seems to be a huge disconnect between the ship staff and the head office staff which makes things very difficult.

If your boss is in Miami but has never worked on a ship - they cannot possibly understand what one goes through.

If everyone in the office worked shipboard at some point - it would make things a lot smoother.

Also there is a lot of pressure to meet budget when things aren't still correct on the ships.

Unfortunate but true.
It's a ideal company to work with.
Commis I / Sushi Chef (Former Employee), Cruise ShipJuly 5, 2013
Pros: free food, airconditioned cabin.
Cons: sea sick during bad weather.
Great opportunity to travel around the world.
Lots of amenities for crew.
You work 7 days a week for 7 months of the year on a cruise ship
Sports Supervisor (Former Employee), All around the world on a cruise shipMay 20, 2013
Pros: loved the job
Cons: if i could do the same work on land and not on a ship it would be great
I have worked for the company for 4 years and want to move back home and lead a normal life. I enjoyed all aspects of the job, working with others, surfing on the flowrider, belaying on the rock wall, interacting with the customers, making the schedules, fixing the equipment.
High on Values and culture
Assistant Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee), ship basedFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: free accomodation and meals
Cons: all cons that come with working in hotels
In troubled economic times. This was the only company that was hiring back i 2009-10. the company is high on personal values and culture and the owning family is very involved in the daily operations. A pleasant place to work.
Good workplace for single individual...
Galley Steward (Current Employee), Miami, MBNovember 27, 2012
Pros: free lodging & meal everyday.
Cons: broken schedule & long hours of duty.
Hard part of the said job was the schedule, it was broken schedule. Management was fair as well as my co-workers. What I enjoyed most was that I've travelled the world.
Excellent company to work at, I was very happy been part of it!
Hotel Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), AboardApril 4, 2012
All jobs onboard a cruise ship are tough and the fact of not having days off make you really tired, but despite this, the experience and the career opportunities that Royal Caribbean offers make it a great company to work at.
I am great team player ./easy to work with.
STATEROOM ATTENDANT (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 18, 2015
I started as Assistant Cook/baker in a cruise ship in 1993 and have been working in the kitchen since then. I believe my more than 10 years of experience working in a 5-star cruise ship preparing food for 2500 international guests has made me excel in this job. It has provided me with a lot of opportunities to learn not only on food preparation but also in the use of the kitchen equipment, storage and disposal of food items according to company standards and following Unites states Public Health (USPH) cleaning procedures for work surfaces and all related equipment and utensils and assembly of workstation for the next meal shift. I was given opportunity to train and guide entry-level cooks and kitchen employees because of my good work record. I try to improve my skills by not only attending company training but I also enroll to courses such Commercial Breadmaking to further enhance my capabilities.

I am confident that my experience and personable disposition would be an asset to your company
dayroom entailed ping pong table,video games, coffe bar and board games
Store Room Manager (Former Employee), 1050 caribbean way,miami,fla.33132January 13, 2015
Pros: meals and boarding
Cons: healthcare, and paid vacations
my days are always filled with life's experiences, i meet and interact with over forty different individuals from various part of this world twice per work, i learned how to interact and live in a extremely diverse situations, i am talking about interacting with people from over 65 places around our world.my management team were teachers in safety,customer care,creating friendly work atmosphere,and providers of various after work social events.my coworkers and myself lived in an environment which could be described as living under one roof, we did it with real pleasure. the hardest part of the job was when vacation time comes, i am very happy about going home but could not help really missing the team.the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the satisfaction on the customer's face, we called that "delivering the wow"!
Diverse & Relaxed WorkPlace
Amos Operations Analyst / Support (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 13, 2015
For the most part I have learned to work in a very diverse and relaxed environment. I have gained knowledge in SQL, AMOS, JDE, scheduling Riding Crew and update SQM policies. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help others and getting that "thank you" from the users.
• Working under challenging and pressured conditions and environments in stipulated time constraints.
Guest Service Officer (Former Employee), Miami, USAJanuary 9, 2015
Responsible for courteously and efficiently working as a front line ambassador on the luxury vessel.
fun work place
pastry man (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: free food and acomodation
Cons: n
working in the ship is fun but hard time is important no day off working 10 hours a day in broken schedule 9 months contract communication is only in fort internet access is expensive but the one good thing is you travel free and free food and accommodation that's the one benefits working in the ships
Good learning experience
Security Staff (Former Employee), World wideJanuary 3, 2015
Good learning experience and enjoyed my journey with them. Got to see a lot of places while working with them. People from different nationalities were onboard. Overall a good and healthy learning experience.
decent workplace
Lead, Business and Technology Analyst (Current Employee), Miami, FLDecember 17, 2014
work comes in waves. There is an ebb and flow of busy work and extended downtime.
Crew day is great it has a bar ,crew parties always awesome ,crew bingo always have great pizes and jackpot.
Waiter Lead (Former Employee), Miami, FLDecember 5, 2014
Pros: great for families for vacation, service standards are high, great crew facilities
Cons: it very challenging place to work at times but you dig deep and you do it.
I have learned a lot about Food and Beverage in the time spent at Royal Caribbean , its a great company to work for and I have meet a lot of great people and seen great places.Working with people from different countries was a challenge at times but at the end of the day we worked it out to the benefit of our guest.The hardest part of the the job turnaround day where you work long hours and all the supplies don't come on board and you have to convey this to the guest.Management could be somewhat differcult at times when they sometimes don't listen to the people which is under them.
cool experience
Sports Staff (Former Employee), Miami, FLDecember 2, 2014
cool experience cool experience cool experience cool experience cool experience cool experience cool experience cool experience cool experience cool experience cool experience
High Call volume
Assist customers (Former Employee), Wichita, KSNovember 18, 2014
Pros: steady breaks and lunches
Cons: extensive and hard work for the pay
Standard work company with high over turn. Calls are always under and over projected. Requests for high sales during unnecessary call volumes and not appropriate for calls.
Working at RCCL
Guest Services Officer (Former Employee), Miami, FLNovember 16, 2014
Pros: traveling around the world.
Cons: every job has different duties, some of them are difficult but at the end they are part of the work and needs to be done.
A normal day at work started getting the float assigned and start the computer having all the programs ready to give to the guest the answer to their questions.

The best part of the day was to have a difficult Guest with a lot of problems and after hearing all the problems receive a very honest "Thank you for your help" and a smile for a guest who felt he was really important in that moment and all his concerns were listened and solved and the best way.

Every day I learned something new from the Guest and my co-workers.

Working in a cruise line is really enjoyable specially for all the diversity amount of people that we can know.

1 2 3 4 5