Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Employee Reviews

long hrs of work
Commis 1 (Former Employee) –  fort lauderdale miami7 October 2017
good training for young ones.can travel anywhere.good experince.
i meet a lot of people in different raise.good management.

free everything.but the salary is low
Pros
free luch
Cons
13 hrs a day for 10 months no day off
Fun work
Purser Guest Relations (Former Employee) –  Miami21 September 2017
Working on the Ship was one of my best work experience by far and I will do it again if I have a chance. I able to travel and work at the same time. Free lodge and food. Best people to work with.
Pros
Free food and lodge
Cons
you work 7 days/week 10hrs/day
Productive place and great team work
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Miami10 September 2017
A typical day at work it's about maintanace for all electrical equipment . I enjoy troubleshooting on all this equipment . I enjoy working with multicultural crew
Pros
Great food
Cons
11 hours working time per day
its a great company to work with
Head Waiter (Current Employee) –  Florida, ON3 August 2017
The Company has provided me an exceptional platform for an international exposure by getting the customers from all over the world in one place, which gave me an opportunity to serve know about their culture & habits.
It is one of the best company to work with,as it takes a great care of their employees in terms of learning, training knowledge & all other means without any discrimination of religion & place.
The hardest part of my job was to adjust myself with the ship life as it is a little different from working on land. but I used to enjoy my work place as being a part of one of the biggest hospitality company.
Pros
onboard 24 hours medical care for the crew.
Cons
not being negative but some people suffer from sea sickness
produtive andfun workplace
Gallery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 July 2017
Working on royal caribbean cruse ltd was in creable momet the crew members a verry nice people wrking on the she has made me learn alot just wanna go back
Pros
frre lunch
Cons
long hour
High standards and fast paced enviroment
Beverage Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  World wide28 June 2017
I Worked there for 7 years, I leaned, traveled the world, made many friends ans had the opportunity to grow in my Carrer with hight stantards of service and busy hours of work.
Pros
Fast paced enviroment with a lot os opportunities to grow.
Cons
Long contracts and long hours.
Amazing place for individuals
Lead Bartender/Mixologist (Former Employee) –  Miami, MB26 April 2017
Royal Caribbean International is a great company to work and enhance your career. Hard Work doesn't go unnoticed there. If you are willing to work hard and enjoy life along its a great company to work for. I Would have continued working there unless i didn't had to get married.
prodictive and leaning work place
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  anthem of the seas11 April 2017
my days start with my time card
each day i learn something new
great management things get done on a right time and they appreciate my work
work place is safe and friendly
Strong Management and solid opportunities for career advancement
Dive Manager, Aquatics Department (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FL5 March 2017
This was a great pace to be employed. I learned a tremendous amount about how to lead a team of professionals in areas such as sales, safety and compliance.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Extended time in remote areas such as Haiti.
Bar Waitress Attendant
Beverage service and Housekeeping, Baby-Sitting (Former Employee) –  Miami, MB3 March 2017
Royal Caribbean one of the best companies I have worked for. In terms of organization, taking care of crew member in terms of accomodations, food and recreations I will give it a excellent. We were rigidly trained for emergencies since we were basically living on a vessel. Every week we were trained to go to our muster stations in order to ensure the safety and security of our guests and the crew.
For purposes of public health they made sure we meet the standards. We are well trained crew member and I can say its Royal the name stands for itself.
Workplace culture was good since we were so diverse people from different walks of life but we still maintain the friendliness and enjoyed our work there but still lived in peace and harmony.
I give it a thumbs up!!!! I miss you Royal Caribbean Cruise Line. The waking up part of training we were like military people getting up to make sure we go to our trainings and waking up for stores in order to replenish our stocks for the day. We had to work in systematic way to cope up ourselves on the ship fast paced life. The most enjoyable part was dealing with our guests I could say I enjoyed it and loved the incentives and tips that came with it. and of course experiencing to the world in an inexpensive way.
Pros
free food, free uniforms free beddings and sheets and toiletries
Cons
no day off only time off
Very exciting and dinamic place to work with diverse personnel.
Specialty Dining Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, MB14 February 2017
Place where it's possible to develop and reach high level of skilled manager. It's necessary to be persistent and not quit, the dinamic of the Cruise line hospitality can be very challenging.
Pros
Free meals, free accommodation and tax free salary.
Cons
Long hours in very dinamic shifts trough the day.
Too many hours,no day off, low money
Assistant Waiter (Former Employee) –  Miami, Folrida, US29 December 2016
The first year were great, the second the salary came down and took everybody's mood. Too many hours,no day off, low money
Cons
Too many hours, no day off, low money.
Rigging Manager
Rigging manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, MB10 December 2016
Over see the training and rigging for the fleet and more than 50 theatres across the fleet. From automation systems to flying performers. Rescue systems for riggers and performers
Pros
travel
Cons
several
See the world and work hard.
Department Supervisor/Sound Technician (Former Employee) –  Worldwide9 November 2016
I worked for RCI from 2005 to 2015 in some capacity in the Entertainment division. Working on ships, in general, is not for everyone. I advise having an open mind when first joining a ship. Crew live in small spaces, eat poorly and work very hard for lower wages. The experience of meeting and making friends from over 80 different countries, as well as seeing exciting new places, is a comparable trade off to what can only be described as a floating high school or summer camp. Shipboard rules are strict, for everyone's safety and to keep on schedule. There is a high turn over of employees. Personality goes a long way. Approach any ship job with a positive attitude and your time at sea will be enjoyable. Keep in mind, each ship has their own culture and as management comes and goes and new rules are implemented, adjustment can be hard and the "vibe" can turn from positive to negative in a hurry.
I survived over 10 years, but in the end it was not a sustainable job to get ahead in the world. Time away from family and friends takes it's toll.
great experince
COMMIS 2 (Former Employee) –  Miami, MB16 May 2016
Overall the work was great. The cooks worked 10 hours per day, I was always working infront of the guest of the cruise, cooking their meals and interacting with them. thanks to this interaction, i was able to improve my social skills and gain a nomination for employee of the month.
Pros
work with people from all around the world
Cons
Little rest
Awesome place for a beginner
Assistant Exe. Housekeeper/Senior Deck Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Florida, ON11 February 2016
Sheraton group was my stepping stone ,got ample experience with the professional and highly trained managers and supervisors .Always a pleasure to work with starwood groups .
A Great Company to Travel With
Stage & Production Manager (Former Employee) –  WorldWide15 January 2016
A Great Place to start your career with.
Co-workers from around the world.
A Different city every day of the week.
Free Travel.
Experience different cultures onboard and ashore.
Awesome Excursions
Awesome Entertainment
Great place to get hands on training with technology
Great place to develop and climb the career ladder.
Pros
Free Travel and Hands on Training
Cons
Be prepared to be away from home for upto 8 months
A great and rewarding place to work if you want to get paid for traveling!
Dancer/Aerialist (Current Employee) –  On the Ship!14 October 2015
Dealing with HR on the ship is much easier than dealing with anyone shoreside. Its an amazing company to work for in regards to being able to be promoted into better jobs, and its an amazing place to make friends and be immersed into different cultures. The amount of work changes, depending on what position you are in, ie. housekeeping works the most, dining works the middle amount, and cruise staff and entertainment works the least comparatively to the others because our positions depend on our bodies.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Short breaks, away from home, get paid in dollars no matter what currency you use.
working at the freedom of the seas
Cook (Former Employee) –  cook 31 August 2015
Working in a cruce ship is so diferent that working on land, there you work arround 14h every day no day off in a 8 months contract, i learned a lot there, i had a great time there, it was hard but it was a nice oportunitie
Pros
everyting was free on the ship, the rent, the food
Cons
shorts breaks no day off
Its good interms of travelling the world
Commi chef, bell and staff and office attendant (Former Employee) –  depends on where your schedule to work7 July 2015
A typical day at work is a day that i served and delivered good customer service to the guests i have learned always to be humbled and respectable to the management and co workers the hardest part of my job is to be out of a product in high demand. The most enjoyable part of my job is to deliver the wow to guest and they keeps coming back.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2