Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
You work 7 days a week for 7 months of the year on a cruise ship
Sports Supervisor (Former Employee), All around the world on a cruise shipMay 20, 2013
Pros: loved the job
Cons: if i could do the same work on land and not on a ship it would be great
I have worked for the company for 4 years and want to move back home and lead a normal life. I enjoyed all aspects of the job, working with others, surfing on the flowrider, belaying on the rock wall, interacting with the customers, making the schedules, fixing the equipment.
High on Values and culture
Assistant Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee), ship basedFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: free accomodation and meals
Cons: all cons that come with working in hotels
In troubled economic times. This was the only company that was hiring back i 2009-10. the company is high on personal values and culture and the owning family is very involved in the daily operations. A pleasant place to work.
Good workplace for single individual...
Galley Steward (Current Employee), Miami, MBNovember 27, 2012
Pros: free lodging & meal everyday.
Cons: broken schedule & long hours of duty.
Hard part of the said job was the schedule, it was broken schedule. Management was fair as well as my co-workers. What I enjoyed most was that I've travelled the world.
Excellent company to work at, I was very happy been part of it!
Hotel Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), AboardApril 4, 2012
All jobs onboard a cruise ship are tough and the fact of not having days off make you really tired, but despite this, the experience and the career opportunities that Royal Caribbean offers make it a great company to work at.
Very detailed work in making sure vacations went with no problems
Group Specialist 1 (Former Employee), Wichita, KSAugust 17, 2014
Pros: great people to work with.
Cons: working customer request with ship and peir regulations.
I started knowing nothing of the cruise industry. I worked my way to a group cruisetour specialist. I worked with upscale travel agency. handle everything from accounting to special request. Hardest part of the job was to coordinate some of the request with peir and ship regulations. The most enjoyable part of the job was taking a cruise and working – more... with some very awesome people! – less
nice to meet people around the globe
commie II (Current Employee), miamiJuly 31, 2014
Pros: money saving
Cons: very less and basic production
good company nice to work with ship different experience lot of hard work company have 27 ships all over the world
Inventory control or ware clerk
Inventory control specalist (Former Employee), miamiJuly 24, 2014
Pros: yes
Cons: yes
Nice company but need to pay a little

nice company to work for just ned to stepup on the pay
Productive and fun workplace
IT Analyst/Remedy Analyst (Former Employee), Miramar, FLJuly 20, 2014
Great company. Very helpful colleagues. Treat employees equally. Managers are great and very helpful. If ever have a problem with completing job coworkers are always willing to help out.
Productive and Very Fast Paced environment
Beverage Manager Senior (Former Employee), United States of americaJuly 18, 2014
Pros: travel around the world, all basic needs provided.
Cons: long hours at work.
A typical day at work:- Check emails and respond ASAP, Go on the floor and check all 26 revenue outlets, check on the Promotions planned and if they need any last minute aggressive advertisement, monitor sales and respond to any guest issues at the earliest.

Promotion techniques, How to make the best in a small amount of time, be planned and organized, – more... and an indepth product knowledge.

My management team consisted of 7-8 members and a staff strength of 120 in my team, were each and every tasks were delegated and it is monitored that all assigned tasks are executed with in the specified time.

To assist any staff which involves personal loss due to guidelines provided.

Travel to different islands and places around the globe. – less
Great Company to Work for
Manager, Guest Services, Hotel Operations (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 15, 2014
Great Place to work for with an opportunity to make great international connections.
Fun
Pier Agent (Current Employee), miami flJuly 10, 2014
You get to meet new people from all over the world.
Co- Workers are nice and its a friendly environment to work in.
it was hard going working over ten hours but it was whats we had to do to make it happy for the guest who came to enjoy threr vacation
Waiter proving serve to the guest (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 30, 2014
Pros: free boarding and get to meet all kinds of people
Cons: medical .and job security
it was great I meet people from all different walks of life different culture and race so you had to adopt to each and everyone personality this job made me mentally prepared for anything
good work place
Jr sous chef (Current Employee), Miami, FLJune 27, 2014
Pros: free lunch, dinner and accomedation
Cons: long hors and break shift
long hours working. every day break shift. no weekly off for nine months. I learned there time management and deep cleaning. the management was good and helpful. co workers are friendly . hardest part is every day cooked food for 4500 guest. and dinner service time was very enjoyable.
Assistant Waiter
Assistant Waiter (contract) (Former Employee), Venice ItalyJune 16, 2014
Great and Fun to work as a crew member.

Delivered a quality service, attention to details.

Attention to details and follow the safety procedure as well as advising and guiding guests around the vessel.
Enjoyable and fun place
Restaurant Manager/Head Waiter (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 15, 2014
Pros: free room and board, discount for the employees in duty free
Cons: long hours
I was wokring for Royal Carribean around 4 years.It was an unfrogettable experience,I have travelled ,met new people,learn different cultures and different kind of cuisine.The hardest part on the job was probably amount of work since there I was working 7 days a week 7 months in a row,but the most enjoyable was that we were all like one family in every – more... department.I learn controlling managing and dealing with people.Communication is the key thats the most important thing I have learned there. – less
Productive job that provides opportunity in-spite of the odds
Waitress (Former Employee), cruise lineJune 12, 2014
Pros: free health care, free breakfast lunch and dinner, free living accomodation and free entertainment
Cons: no paid vacations, no days off work, no benefits
Meeting and greeting guests, providing quality service to them as well as serving them. I Learned how to love my job thereby making it enjoyable. Also learned how to work well under pressure and how to be polite in all instances. Like most organizations there are different kinds of managers. There are those that are motivating ,uplifting and willing – more... to go above and beyond to ensure the well being of their staff, thereby resulting in the complete satisfaction of their guests. Then there are those managers who just work to get paid. They behave unprofessionally in most cases. I came in contact with both kinds of manager during my period of work with Royal Caribbean. I had co- workers from all over the world of different races and personalities but at the end of the day we all had the same goal so we always worked together as team. The hardest part of my job was what we called 'Embarkation Days', 'United States Public Health Inspections' and days when we had outbreaks of Gastro Intestinal Illnesses. These days involved heavy constant cleaning that would sometimes go on for weeks at a time. The most enjoyable part of my job was travelling the world and getting to meet different kinds of people. – less
Singing and playing the bass entertaining guests.
Musician (Former Employee), MusicianJune 11, 2014
Pros: get to go to the guests disco and always mingling
Cons: work during port days
At the pool setting up tuning the bass making sure it has the right volume and sound and get ready to entertain guests.Being a part of a four piece band you have to be able to split your mind in many parts.You have to sing in so doing remembering the words of the song remember the bass line remember also the words of other songs that other co-workers – more... have to sing to create a four piece harmony and also to listen for cues when we gonna change into another song.My bandmates were from the same island we had no issues and we got along pretty good.When you are sick especially when you have a cold its really difficult to use your voice and always have to be smiling when you just feel so weak you just wanna sleep after being so long in the sun at the pool deck.When people remember my name and congratulate you on your performance and they look forward or ask when you goons perform again is really rewarding then you know you have done your job. – less
Fun workplace and opportunities to work on great things
Information Security Engineer (Current Employee), Miramar, FLJune 9, 2014
Royal Caribbean is the sort of place where you can work on large dynamic projects that are unique to it's industry. There are plenty of opportunities to work on big things and make a difference.
work,work and... work
First Engineer Officer (Current Employee), world wideJune 8, 2014
Not less than 11 per day . Run all through day , paper work , routine job, em'sy situations
Had the twin advantage of working & visiting places around the world
Assistant Chef (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 7, 2014
Pros: flight tickets for vacation times
Cons: tight scheduling;adherence to shipboard rules & regulations
Had the pressurized task of abiding by stringent time lines

1 2 3 4 5