Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and Educational company to work for.
Orchestra musician (Former Employee), Miami (head office)May 21, 2014
Pros: short hours, seeing the world, making great friends, gaining professional music experience, doing what i love and getting paid.
Cons: constant time changes, lack of job security once contracts finished.
Working for Royal Caribbean was a once in a life time experience where I was essentially getting paid to travel the world.

The job was to be part of the on board Orchestra, playing all kinds of shows to entertain the guests, whether this be playing in the weekly production of Saturday Night Fever, sight reading a guest entertainer show, or playing – more... Jazz for the captains cocktail party on formal night.

This role really helped me to gain a feeling of responsibility, as i was in charge of my own performance on stage and off stage and all issues relating to the Drums would be my responsibility to resolve.

As well as this as the orchestra drummer, I was in charge of all the other drummers on the ship. My role with this was to ensure that standards were kept, and the general maintenance of the drums was up to standard. – less
Lead by fear and pressure
Crew Administration Manager (Former Employee), Cruise ShipsFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: get to travel, free food, get to save
Cons: management is by people who have never lived on the ships
The company in itself is a good place to work if you have the energy and can put in the hours.
You get to see a lot of places and you're paid cash which is great.

However as much as you look for support there seems to be a huge disconnect between the ship staff and the head office staff which makes things very difficult.

If your boss is in Miami but – more... has never worked on a ship - they cannot possibly understand what one goes through.

If everyone in the office worked shipboard at some point - it would make things a lot smoother.

Also there is a lot of pressure to meet budget when things aren't still correct on the ships.

Unfortunate but true. – less
It's a ideal company to work with.
Commis I / Sushi Chef (Former Employee), Cruise ShipJuly 5, 2013
Pros: free food, airconditioned cabin.
Cons: sea sick during bad weather.
Great opportunity to travel around the world.
Lots of amenities for crew.
You work 7 days a week for 7 months of the year on a cruise ship
Sports Supervisor (Former Employee), All around the world on a cruise shipMay 20, 2013
Pros: loved the job
Cons: if i could do the same work on land and not on a ship it would be great
I have worked for the company for 4 years and want to move back home and lead a normal life. I enjoyed all aspects of the job, working with others, surfing on the flowrider, belaying on the rock wall, interacting with the customers, making the schedules, fixing the equipment.
High on Values and culture
Assistant Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee), ship basedFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: free accomodation and meals
Cons: all cons that come with working in hotels
In troubled economic times. This was the only company that was hiring back i 2009-10. the company is high on personal values and culture and the owning family is very involved in the daily operations. A pleasant place to work.
Good workplace for single individual...
Galley Steward (Current Employee), Miami, MBNovember 27, 2012
Pros: free lodging & meal everyday.
Cons: broken schedule & long hours of duty.
Hard part of the said job was the schedule, it was broken schedule. Management was fair as well as my co-workers. What I enjoyed most was that I've travelled the world.
Excellent company to work at, I was very happy been part of it!
Hotel Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), AboardApril 4, 2012
All jobs onboard a cruise ship are tough and the fact of not having days off make you really tired, but despite this, the experience and the career opportunities that Royal Caribbean offers make it a great company to work at.
OK
Marine Admin Specialist/Marine Safety Admin (Current Employee), worldwideSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: travel the world for free.
Cons: distance relationship.
All in all is OK, but need to focus more for the career growth of the employees. As this is a huge number of employees, the growth hasn't been monitored efficiently.
lots of party and fun to make the crew more enjoyable onboard
Restaurant Waitress (Current Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: everything is free.
Cons: 10-12 hrs atleast per day
To be at work is you need to have a lot of patients dealing w guest. In this job I learned how to be active and be more patient dealing w the difficult one. The management so far is completely strict when it come to rules and regulation and we have as well this "zero tolerance"policy. The most enjoyable part of this job is u make a lot of friends that – more... u can enjoy and talk w without getting homesick. – less
Productive and Competitive
Assistant Beverage Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 31, 2014
Pros: free food & accomodation
Cons: health care for lower rank
Fun to work.
Learn to use Micros,Crunchtime,Revelations report
Most enjoyable part of the job is going places
My work at Royal
Production Designer (Current Employee), Miami, FLAugust 24, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunches, great view, amazing design team.
Cons: freelancer
Working at Royal has been the best experience I can ever get when it comes to Corporate World. It has shown me that big Fortune 500 companies like these, are true to their word. They respect and appreciate their employees.
In the galley(kitchen) a full day ..
commies (Current Employee), Miami, FLAugust 23, 2014
Pros: meal 3 times everyday.
Cons: some time i have to do some long hour.
I do my work very seriously every day i learned a lot of things from my chefs and my CDP.They treat me very well.My co-worker are very friendly .And most enjoyment part of the job we have everyday food testing that time we show that how we served food and our food presentation ..
Excellent work place
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 22, 2014
Work environment was busy at times, but mostly a fun place to work. Very flexible hours, excellent benefits.
working as an assistant waiter
Assistant Waiter (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 21, 2014
Pros: free food and rooming
Cons: long ours no day off
the day starts pretty early for us we get to see the guest the most as a dinning room staff thats why we always have to keep a happy face,we have long hours and have to work everyday breakfast or lunch and dinner the hardest part of the day is to get seats for everyone in the windjammer which is always crowded and the favorite place foe everyone,most – more... of the managers were nice just have to know how to get around them but the supervisors were bullies most of them not because they wanted to but what they have been told by management sometimes you end up on a shift where the co workers are not pleasant to work with so they goes your day then there is the time when all your friends work the same shift and its the best time of the day lots of fun with the guest.
doing this job makes you learn to be patient and helpful to people and to obey your superiors. – less
It was a great team to work with
Group Administrator (Former Employee), AddlestoneAugust 20, 2014
Pros: cruise benefits
Cons: not working from home
Royal Caribbean was a great company to work for, great people to team with and everybody had in mind the same interests and focus on the company.
Everybody was very united and had faith in the product.
The management were always clear on changes and new directions on business and we used to see senior management always around for listen to you.
The – more... hardest part - and not so hard, was to negotiate with high demanding clients. The company prides themselves on customer service, but clients abuse its policy and asks for impossible things sometimes.
Overall Royal Caribbean is a great company to work for and gave me huge benefits - like cruises at very low prices and I'm glad stayed with them for 10 years. – less
Very detailed work in making sure vacations went with no problems
Group Specialist 1 (Former Employee), Wichita, KSAugust 17, 2014
Pros: great people to work with.
Cons: working customer request with ship and peir regulations.
I started knowing nothing of the cruise industry. I worked my way to a group cruisetour specialist. I worked with upscale travel agency. handle everything from accounting to special request. Hardest part of the job was to coordinate some of the request with peir and ship regulations. The most enjoyable part of the job was taking a cruise and working – more... with some very awesome people! – less
nice to meet people around the globe
commie II (Current Employee), miamiJuly 31, 2014
Pros: money saving
Cons: very less and basic production
good company nice to work with ship different experience lot of hard work company have 27 ships all over the world
Inventory control or ware clerk
Inventory control specalist (Former Employee), miamiJuly 24, 2014
Pros: yes
Cons: yes
Nice company but need to pay a little

nice company to work for just ned to stepup on the pay
Productive and fun workplace
IT Analyst/Remedy Analyst (Former Employee), Miramar, FLJuly 20, 2014
Great company. Very helpful colleagues. Treat employees equally. Managers are great and very helpful. If ever have a problem with completing job coworkers are always willing to help out.
Productive and Very Fast Paced environment
Beverage Manager Senior (Former Employee), United States of americaJuly 18, 2014
Pros: travel around the world, all basic needs provided.
Cons: long hours at work.
A typical day at work:- Check emails and respond ASAP, Go on the floor and check all 26 revenue outlets, check on the Promotions planned and if they need any last minute aggressive advertisement, monitor sales and respond to any guest issues at the earliest.

Promotion techniques, How to make the best in a small amount of time, be planned and organized, – more... and an indepth product knowledge.

My management team consisted of 7-8 members and a staff strength of 120 in my team, were each and every tasks were delegated and it is monitored that all assigned tasks are executed with in the specified time.

To assist any staff which involves personal loss due to guidelines provided.

Travel to different islands and places around the globe. – less

1 2 3 4 5