Royal Canadian Mounted Police Employee Reviews

Lots of opportunity to move around
Corporal (Current Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB14 July 2017
RCMP is a good organization for someone who is single and likes to work alot. There are opportunities to move around the country and various units to work towards being in such as traffic enforcement, drug enforcement, etc
Interesting Place to work at
Business Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC14 July 2017
Very structural workplace but people are very friendly and willing to share their experiences and provide assistance. A few delays occur due to security checks and approvals.
Disappointing to work for.
Member (Current Employee) –  BC17 June 2017
Archaic management style that is not up to standard with the leading police services across the country. A disappointment. The only saving grace is that 95% of the people you work with are outstanding individuals and hard workers
Historical agency in need of modernization
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 May 2017
Spent 28 years in the RCMP. Great organization in general but the last decade has been trying. Needs to modernize its culture and management practices. Some changes are in the works but it will take at least a generation to see their benefits.
Shift Work
Constable (Former Employee) –  Various locations in Alberta29 May 2017
Not going to miss the nightshifts. Work/home life is difficult at times. Add in Children and your free time isn't yours anymore. Management could be difficult to deal with on occasion.
Pros
Coworkers made the job fun
Cons
Shift work
Work as part of high-school program
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 April 2017
I worked her to obtain credits while in high-school. This was the most amazing placement. I was an administrative assistant and I gave tours of the RCMP stables. Loved my time there
Fast paced work enviornment always learning and providing mentorship to subordinates!
Operations Manager Leduc Detachment (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB11 March 2017
Very challenging work environment for an Operational Manager providing policing services to the City of Leduc and County of Leduc, AB.. My days use to go by in a blink of an eye, multi tasking throughout the day with a wide variety of situations. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the negative type of issues that policing is inherently dealing with. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you can resolve an issue for the public or individual and getting praise from the public we serve.
Pros
Job security!
Cons
A lot of negative exposure to the publics issues!
Great career with many possibilities
Cadet (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK12 April 2016
Defiantly not your normal day of work, every day is different.
There are many possibilities to be what you want and go where ever in the world with the RCMP.
Excellent opportunity, great working environment.
RESEARCHER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 March 2016
I worked in a research position for the Use of Force Division at the Royal Canadian Mounted Police National Headquarters, which was an opportunity provided through my education at Carleton University. The working environment was very positive and the people were extremely friendly. My job focused on gathering, inputting, and reporting on research areas pertinent to the division.
Guard
Guard (Former Employee) –  Fort Liard, NT16 December 2015
Worked night shifts as a guard.
Was responsible for the well being of the inmates.
Pretty straightforward job which had very flexible hours.
Pros
great pay, flexable work hours
Cons
not enough shift work
Environnement de travail productif et agréable
Archives Management Section (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 December 2015
Une journée typique: S'occuper de l'information sensible au sein de l'entreprise. Gerer plusieurs demandes de dossiers et de demandes d'informations par téléphone, par couriel et en personne. J'ai appris à communiquer avec un collègue de travail par le language des signes. L'aspect le plus difficile de mon poste était de trouver des dossiers perdu parmi plusieurs milliers de dossiers. L'aspect le plus agréable de mon poste est la bonne atmosphère de travail, une énergie positive et des collègues de travail très sympatique.
Pros
travail le jour et non en soirée/nuit
Cons
Aucun points négatifs
Amazing Experience
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 November 2015
It is a very limited job opportunity for PS employees. Having worked in a couple of different sectors, it was amazing experience with great benefits.
Pros
Great government Benefits.
Cons
Growth within the company
Great place to work, fantastic culture
Criminal Database Maintenance Support Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 September 2015
I very much enjoyed my time at the RCMP, great benefits, fun environment, great work life balance. As a public servant I was part of the Union which protected us on many levels.
Pros
Great Hours
Fast-Track Assistant
Text Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 July 2015
Typical duties that I perform on a regular basis include entering data into a computer, filing records, answering telephone calls, relaying messages and replying to emails. I also have plenty experience using MS office as I use Word and Excel on a daily basis.
Pros
Fulfilling government position
Cons
Contract Position
Fun experience
Data Entry/ Filing (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2015
This was a summer job offered by the Toronto Police for high school students. There were 1000+ job applicants but only 150 were chosen, and I was lucky enough to be one of them.
We were assigned to different districts, and depending on that we had different duties. Out duties in district 14 were data entry and filing.
If we didn't have any paperwork left to do, the police officers would take us to 911 calls site. It was an interesting experience
Working for the RCMP
Police Officer, Use of Force Instructor and SME (Former Employee) –  Prince George, 100 Mile House and Creston, BC14 May 2015
The RCMP is Canada's national police force, with a proud and powerful history it was an honor to wear the uniform. The unfortunate problem is the disastrous lack of leadership throughout all levels of the outfit, from the national leadership level to the local detachment level. As a member of the RCMP I was always proud of the uniform I wore and the protection I provided to the public, but because of poor wages, substandard equipment and the lack of support provided to the average member I would hesitate to suggest applying today.
Confidential
Text Entry Clerk / Paper Conversion (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, Ontario10 May 2015
I can not discuss my work within the Royal Canadian Mounted Police as it is very confidential. I can only mentioned I was a Data Entry Clerk within the RCMP in paper conversion.
Pros
Salary
N/a
Law Enforcement (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 February 2015
The last position I held was the the Prime Minister Protection Detail, where our primary client is Canada's Prime Minister, and secondly his family. There I was part of the PM's Protection team, either as a Bodyguard, or Chauffeur in the Motorcade, in Canada, or wherever the PM went. When not at one of the previous functions, I was either the Bodyguard, or Chauffeur of the PM's family members.

At INTERPOL Ottawa, I was charged with assisting in locating wanted individuals from either other INTERPOL Bureaus, or Canadian Police Services.

I could say that what I enjoyed most was when I located an Internationally wanted "dangerous" criminal, and brought him to the requesting agency.
Pros
The chance to do various jobs and functions.
Cons
Long hours, and days away from family.
Great organisation
Regular Member (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 December 2014
I served with pride and dedication for 24 years in a great organisation, I saw beautiful places and met interesting people. A good job, but now I look forward to a new challenge in my life
Strong and week points
Translator / Monitor (Current Employee) –  Monitor, ON29 September 2014
My strength is good work ethic. I can work in any circumstances and be adaptive to new working environment quickly and effectively.
My week point is I have to balance my work and personal lives.