Royal Building Products is a leading manufacturer and distributor of building materials. We are unique in our vertical integration from raw materials from our parent company Axiall Corporation through to manufacturing and onto distribution. Are you looking for a challenging opportunity within a dynamic and well-known company?
At Royal, you will find a positive work environment with opportunity for career advancement. What else do we offer?
- Competitive Compensation & Benefits
- RRSP with company matching
- Performance Bonus Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
Function and Objective of Job:
The function of this position is to insure all purchase requisitions are processed accurately for Royal Building Solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review, calculate, prepare and issue purchase orders according to established department procedures.
- Prioritize orders based on lead times and services levels.
- Find and report to supervisor unacceptable branch purchase requisitions.
- Process purchase orders in JDE.
- Correspond with suppliers regarding pricing and delivery times.
- Correspond with internal departments and branch locations regarding pricing, delivery and pick up dates.
- Maintain purchase order files and internal number system.
- Create/maintain/manipulate data using excel.
- Answer telephone as required.
- Monitor incoming faxes and mail for timely responses to branch requests.
- The Purchasing Supervisor is informed of issues that require approval pertaining to the Purchasing Clerks function.
- Branch purchase requisitions are prepared with accurate quantities, prices, descriptions, and ship dates.
- Timely and accurate processing of purchase orders.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- General understanding of company business.
- Knowledge of inventoried stock including product descriptions and suppliers.
- Highly effective skills in JDE procurement module.
- Highly effective skills in Microsoft excel.
- Comprehensive understanding of the role of Purchasing Clerk as a strategic function and its relation to meeting day to day business objectives.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Able to perform tasks with little or no supervision.
- Able to work well with others.
Qualifications for Hire:
- Prior experience in an office environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of purchasing department objectives.
- Office administration or accounting diploma would be an asset.